Author Topic: Infracted for killing a guy who murdered someone in front of me.  (Read 1067 times)

[P]atchy[MAIN]

Infracted for killing a guy who murdered someone in front of me.
« on: February 18, 2021, 05:23:46 pm »
Ban ID (if applicable)YOUR_TEXT_HERE
Your in-game name[HH].Patchy
Ban or infraction appeal?infraction
Date and time of ban/infraction including timezonelike 1 hour ago
Ban/infraction reason and detailsDM/random attack
Why was this ban/infraction wrongfully issued?because I knew that I can kill a guy who recently murdered or assaulted someone.
What was the situation which lead to this wrongful ban/infraction? What was happening?well a guy was killing us by weapons. Then one of us knocked him down and a ticket able guy killed him by punching. Then a cop who assisted me to kill the previous one tried to kill him and me too. After a while he knocked him down and then I killed him. And i knew and saw that I could kill a guy who recently did an assault or a murder.

I'd love to get all of the updated rules rather than that law enforcement guide which can get us PSO, job ban, infraction, ban etc. Its your(staff's) fault for not giving a proper guide or updating that one. I think you want me to be banned cuz of these. Just update that guide or just give it here. A stuff from server rules and infraction system:

Valid reason to kill
You are a cop and they are posing a fatal threat to others (e.g. a yellow player is shooting at other players or aiming at them - you may take them down to preserve life

Any witnesses that can vouch for you?YOUR_TEXT_HERE
Any more information to provide?YOUR_TEXT_HERE
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 05:29:22 pm by Patchy »

Offline DRAG0NFURY

• Banned
  • Respect: +39/-22
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: DRAG0NFURY
  • Discord name: lxtus0
Re: Infracted for killing a guy who murdered someone in front of me.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 05:41:32 pm »
You are a cop and they are posing a fatal threat to others (e.g. a yellow player is shooting at other players or aiming at them - you may take them down to preserve life
This is totally inaccurate as it only applies for YOUR LIFE, not for people who you are not affiliated with.The player in question was not posing a threat to you as he was unarmed and the only thing they did was kill a player to claim a bounty through their fists.I can't exactly confirm how [OP]SMKE was knocked but what you should have done was to revive and arrest them instead of taking the short route by just finishing them.You are not allowed to finish players regardless of what they did especially if they are unarmed.If you see a suspect whos knocked you should attempt to revive, cuff and arrest them.If they don't comply by attacking for example you are allowed to kill them.

So basically, for future reference :
You are not allowed to finish knocked suspects unless they POSED A CLEAR THREAT TO YOU prior to being knocked.

If you are unsure of how rules work you can always refer the #rule-clarification channel on discord instead of taking the risk and acting on your own.

FYI, I removed the infraction points and issued a PSO instead(I'm new around here so it'll take time to get adjusted to the punishment system, my apologies) and yes it'll stay because this is clear rule breaking.I also spoke to one of the managers regarding this situation and they approved the punishment as well so basically :

The PSO will stay.

I will leave the topic open for the next 30 minutes in case you have something you wish to add.After the deadline is met I'll lock and archive the topic.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 10:46:47 pm by nxy »

[P]atchy[MAIN]

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 05:45:18 pm »
Its infraction not PSO. Also, anyone in this community here to give all of the updated coprules?

Just revoke that infraction and job ban me from cop for 5 months...

Offline Flyburger

• MOST TOXIC PLAYER 2020
  • Respect: +105/-98
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Flyburger
  • Discord name: Flyburger#9706
  • Crew: KoS always in heart
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2021, 05:47:38 pm »
Its infraction not PSO. Also, anyone in this community here to give all of the updated coprules?

It was a mistake and we have changed from infraction to PSO before you appeal.

Offline DRAG0NFURY

• Banned
  • Respect: +39/-22
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: DRAG0NFURY
  • Discord name: lxtus0
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2021, 05:48:55 pm »

If you read what I said thoroughly you'd notice that I said that I revoked the infraction points I gave you and issued a PSO instead.You aren't getting job banned for that but if you keep going you'll definitely have that coming.Please think twice before you do something of this nature in the future.

=> Locked