Author Topic: Further clarification on when cops can or can’t kill fleeing sus in a vehicle  (Read 1807 times)

Offline WangZord

• Busta
  • Respect: +0/-1
  • Apes Together Strong, Zords Together MegaZord (?)
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: WangZord
  • Discord name: WangZord#0923
So i have been told differently whether its allowed or not for cops to kill me if i flee in a vehicle.

i.e. > I was 2 star and try to bribe cop but he refuse the bribe and my wanted lvl turn to 4, the cop jumped on top of my car and starts shooting even though i pose zero threats towards anyone, my vehicle was disabled after he shot it multiple times with M4 and some bullets hit me for the record i was full HP and full armor but by the time the vehicle was disabled i dont even get the time to hop out within seconds i just straight up dead and sent to jail.

Based on the coprules cop isn’t allowed to take lethal force towards crims with 1-5 stars that pose no threats to you or anyone else.

My question is, is it ok for this person to kill me when i pose no threats? A Mod said it was valid kill since i wasn’t stopping the vehicle but i thought all he could do is disable my vehicle not kill me in the process i wasn’t really unarmed since i was in vehicle and can’t unequip my smg but i pose threat to no one. Person in question both admin and the cop was in same cop car that’s why i ask for better clarification for reference in the future so there will be no longer misunderstandings.

TLDR; i felt like treated unfairly but im not sure about it so i want to ask clarification.

Offline DRAG0NFURY

• Banned
  • Respect: +39/-22
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: DRAG0NFURY
  • Discord name: lxtus0
no, they arent allowed to kill you, but if you wish to avoid the death next time you can exit your car so they can arrest you.

Offline WangZord

• Busta
    • View Profile
no, they arent allowed to kill you, but if you wish to avoid the death next time you can exit your car so they can arrest you.

Well that’s what i thought but he hop on top of my car and started shooting at me and killed me before i even get the chance to hop out of my car when it was disabled(engine broke not even burning) let alone try to surrender. Dude wasn’t even new player/cop so it kinda bothers me when this happens.

If any server admins would be so kind to further clarify this thing it would be greatly appreciated
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 06:47:28 pm by WangZord »

Offline DRAG0NFURY

• Banned
  • Respect: +39/-22
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: DRAG0NFURY
  • Discord name: lxtus0
i dont think theres any need for further clarification, it was indeed rulebreaking but what i dont understand is why didnt you step off your car if it was disabled in the first place?if you were trying to run away, thats where they are allowed to shoot at you

Offline WangZord

• Busta
    • View Profile
i dont think theres any need for further clarification, it was indeed rulebreaking but what i dont understand is why didnt you step off your car if it was disabled in the first place?if you were trying to run away, thats where they are allowed to shoot at you

Bruh no offense but did you not read my statement properly? I made this thread bcoz there’s an admin/Mod who said this is valid DM, and the reason i didn’t step out of my vehicle after it was disabled is because i didn’t get to im dead before managed to get out i pressed F after it broke down but still died i don’t really care about who or why he did it that’s why i didn’t say who’s who i just need other admins to clarify, since apparently staff can bend rules for their buddies.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 07:54:14 pm by WangZord »

Offline Mazen

• Banned
  • Respect: +17/-4
  • BomBom
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mazen
  • Discord name: Mazen#0957
Cops are no allowed to take down any wanted level if they are unarmed or non threat to their life/team mates life
Cops are allowed to shoot wanted cars/planes...etc if they are fleeing the seen only to disable their getaway vehicle
Cops are allowed to shoot wanted/Mwanted if they are in water
Cops are allowed to kill wanted in car if he decide to ram him that is a life threat and need to take him down

other then this is rule breaking if you have recorded video you can post it in Complain section (http://mikescnr.com/forum/index.php/board,9.0.html)