Author Topic: Police evidence locker items should stack  (Read 968 times)

Rated 3 times

Offline basedSkeleton

• Street Soldier
  • Respect: +2/-18
  • Do not accept checks from this man.
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: basedSkeleton
Police evidence locker items should stack
« on: April 24, 2023, 10:03:45 pm »
« Last Rated on: May 05, 2023, 04:02:12 am »
Imagine this scenario: You get arrested with a ton of ammo for every slot, and then before you get your guns back, you commit a crime, and the only thing in your inventory is a purple... ...wand.
Now, you've lost all your ammunition and all that is left is the one item.
So, if you have extra guns, instead of overwriting the old inventory, it should add to it.

Offline basedSkeleton

• Street Soldier
    • View Profile
Re: Police evidence locker items should stack
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2023, 04:47:02 pm »
Also, if multiple types of guns end up in the evidence locker you should be able to either pick them, or it automatically gets the best guns. [like, deagle > colt45, etc]

Offline DRAG0NFURY

• Banned
  • Respect: +39/-22
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: DRAG0NFURY
  • Discord name: lxtus0
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2023, 07:23:54 pm »
Typically I'd be pro such quality of life changes however seeing how messed up the economy is, it would just make money further lose its value. I propose getting rid of the locker system altogether and have players actually lose something when they get arrested.

Offline RavenGuard69

• Banned
  • Baller
  • Respect: +16/-60
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Bear
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2023, 08:14:37 am »
Typically I'd be pro such quality of life changes however seeing how messed up the economy is, it would just make money further lose its value. I propose getting rid of the locker system altogether and have players actually lose something when they get arrested.
another criminal nerf that encourages people to play as a cop. we already have more than enough cops on the server.

Andualem653

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2023, 10:57:33 am »
What about cops losing something when they die because currently cops only lose their armor if they had any but that isn't an issue since they can go to the cop shop then boom back at full armor for a few bucks but
What do criminals lose when they get arrested? A portion of their ammo is gone, wasting 3 or 4 mins in jail, if you died there is medical fees, your PV might get impounded, etc... And you are proposing removal of the evidence locker ???

Offline DRAG0NFURY

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2023, 12:08:48 am »
What about cops losing something when they die because currently cops only lose their armor if they had any but that isn't an issue since they can go to the cop shop then boom back at full armor for a few bucks but
What do criminals lose when they get arrested? A portion of their ammo is gone, wasting 3 or 4 mins in jail, if you died there is medical fees, your PV might get impounded, etc... And you are proposing removal of the evidence locker ???
another criminal nerf that encourages people to play as a cop. we already have more than enough cops on the server.

Balancing cops is another story, I'm suggesting what should happen to criminals. I honestly have no clue whose idea it was to let cops stack weapons forever in the first place however I'm definitely not a fan of it...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2023, 12:16:29 am by nxy »

Offline basedSkeleton

• Street Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2023, 08:29:33 pm »
What does this have to do with anything in my thread? My thread is just about an oversight in the way the locker works that was never handled. It's not a balancing thing. Anyone can just buy/steal back their weapons until they come across this issue.
Plus, it's already an approved suggestion. I just bumped it because I had another idea (and because I lost both my cop and civ weapon set due to the issue).

Civilians also totally lose their ass when arrested. You have to wait 3 minutes, pay $1,000-$3,000, you have to pay medical bills, you have to buy back your weapons (around $10,000), or steal them back when there's low cops on. You also lose some of your ammo (not as much as before thank god)

Compared to cops which: Have to spam spacebar for like, thirty seconds or less, pay nothing, medical bills are free, you keep your guns, and that's it.

I'm okay with how it currently is. Compared to how the system was before, it's a lot better. Remember, not a short while ago, you lost most your ammunition for your guns (especially the shotgun), and you lost an additional $30,000 just getting a decent amount of ammunition on top of that, plus cops had no penalties whatsoever. But I certainly would not want criminals to get more punishments for deaths, because it's already unbalanced in the cops' favor.

Also: As a moderator, you should know that if you have your own suggestion, you shouldn't post it in someone else's thread. You're supposed to make your own.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2023, 08:32:38 pm by basedSkeleton »

Offline DRAG0NFURY

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2023, 01:18:01 am »
What does this have to do with anything in my thread? My thread is just about an oversight in the way the locker works that was never handled. It's not a balancing thing. Anyone can just buy/steal back their weapons until they come across this issue.
Plus, it's already an approved suggestion. I just bumped it because I had another idea (and because I lost both my cop and civ weapon set due to the issue).

Civilians also totally lose their ass when arrested. You have to wait 3 minutes, pay $1,000-$3,000, you have to pay medical bills, you have to buy back your weapons (around $10,000), or steal them back when there's low cops on. You also lose some of your ammo (not as much as before thank god)

Compared to cops which: Have to spam spacebar for like, thirty seconds or less, pay nothing, medical bills are free, you keep your guns, and that's it.

I'm okay with how it currently is. Compared to how the system was before, it's a lot better. Remember, not a short while ago, you lost most your ammunition for your guns (especially the shotgun), and you lost an additional $30,000 just getting a decent amount of ammunition on top of that, plus cops had no penalties whatsoever. But I certainly would not want criminals to get more punishments for deaths, because it's already unbalanced in the cops' favor.

Also: As a moderator, you should know that if you have your own suggestion, you shouldn't post it in someone else's thread. You're supposed to make your own.

Since when do I need to ask for your permission to give my opinion? If anything I'm just trying to make everyone see the bigger picture since this change is clearly tied to economy, 1 thing leads to another and suddenly you have imbalance. Now just because cops are relatively strong that's not to say we should keep buffing civilians to reach the same level as cops because the whole game becomes unbalanced (again I never wanted cops to be overpowered in the first place). You retaliating this post with more worthless replies to ignite whatever it is you're trying to initiate is pointless and laughable. I rest my case and I strongly suggest you do as well.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2023, 01:21:11 am by nxy »

Offline basedSkeleton

• Street Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2023, 05:56:02 pm »
Since when do I need to ask for your permission to give my opinion?
Your entire point is retarded though. This has nothing to do with economy. Did you read the suggestion or did you just shit out your own opinion on top of it?

It's plainly obvious that this is a minor quality of life change that's unrelated to the economy system as a whole. If you're going to make your own suggestion, make your own thread. Whatever you're trying to suggest makes no sense here. Every post you've made is completely unrelated to the original topic and aren't even good suggestions.

You read the original suggestion, but since you don't like the system you don't want anything to be added to it, and you make this horrible suggestion in response. This does not add anything to the original topic. It is barely related.

Anyway, if you actually read, and understood the post, and understand how internet forums work, you would know that this isn't where you should post your unrelated suggestion.
If anything I'm just trying to make everyone see the bigger picture since this change is clearly tied to economy
This change is not related or tied to the economy.

You retaliating this post with more worthless replies to ignite whatever it is you're trying to initiate is pointless and laughable. I rest my case and I strongly suggest you do as well.
Your "case" does not belong here. If you're going to make a suggestion about removing the locker system and handicapping criminals, make your suggestion in it's own thread where it belongs. There's no way someone could accept your suggestion because it's in someone else's thread. I'm not trying to "initiate" anything here. You're in the wrong, and you need to actually learn the rules of the forum you moderate.

Regardless of all of this, your suggestion is horrible and nobody would accept it anyway because the entire civilian playerbase would hate it, because it's an awful change that ruins the balance even worse. Yes, the server economy is bad, but do you really think making criminals purchase all their weapons from ammunation every time they die fixes it? No, it clearly and obviously makes it worse. How are you supposed to earn cash as a criminal if the risk is so high you're just hemorrhaging money as you play? If you play as a criminal you're already losing cash as you play because robberies are so low now, how would this help or balance anything?

And the only balance change my suggestion offers is actually none. It only affects you if you accidentally leave items in the locker room, or get arrested immediately by camping police officers.

Offline DRAG0NFURY

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2023, 07:00:28 pm »
oh you're so asking for a forum ban aren't you ;)