Author Topic: [MAPPING] Island-Prison  (Read 5682 times)

Rated 6 times

Offline ChrisAg

• Respect: +16/-5
  • Everything is computable!
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: ChrisAg
  • Discord name: xchris.agorx#7596
[MAPPING] Island-Prison
« on: August 11, 2021, 09:47:04 am »
« Last Rated on: September 13, 2021, 08:41:14 pm »
Hi, I just thought of this suggestion. I did a quick search on the boards but didn't find anything relevant to it, so sorry if this is already mentioned somewhere.

First of all, I myself going to be neutral with this as I don't know how much custom mapping are the devs willing to add currently.

Basically, the idea is that there will be a rather small island that will be operating as a prison (similar to Alcatraz) for most wanted players when arrested (if possible could be tweaked to apply to players who have committed a rather high number of crimes and not just every most wanted player). It needs to be mapped optimally with minimal fps hit. The location of it, in my opinion, could be either somewhere where it is equally close to the three cities (LS, LV, SF), which is the best option if we decide to include this, or we have three islands (or only one and we move it around closer to the active city) where only each one will get loaded when the city rotation happens. The transportation to and off it will only be by helicopters and boats but could also add a checkpoint of some sort into the island for released prisoners and be transported automatically back in the active city's police department.

What makes this a nice addition? Well, first and foremost we get to have something unique mapped into the server. It will also be a great and fun way for players to try breaking out their friends and make for a memorable escape. Though it could be harder for officers to bail out someone as they will be far. Additionally, various missions and jobs can also take place there for the police and civilians/criminals in order to make the area more active. NPCs can also be added that will take the role of guards (?) shooting down unwanted visitors and escapers only after giving them a warning, but I'm not so sure about that.

What could make it look like a bad idea? It is a big suggestion that could require many resources for it to be made and possibly could face some difficulties during development.

PS: I could also contribute to mapping in general if and when needed.

Let me know your opinion on this. Thank you for your time.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
Re: [MAPPING] Island-Prison
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2021, 10:11:08 am »
If there was a genuniely quality made map of Alcatraz in the proper location between SF and Bayside I would add it in a heartbeat. But it has to look like a natural part of the map. The ones I've seen before look awful and out of place.

I would want it to look as close to the real life counterpart as possible:

That's no easy feat.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 10:15:53 am by Mike »
View trailers here.

Offline Dudesdog

• Smoke Weed Everyday
  • Respect: +129/-12
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Dudesdog
  • Discord name: Dudesdog#6216
  • Crew: 77 - Continental Crew
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2021, 06:28:07 pm »
+1.. would be cool. I’d be willing to learn mapping but like Mike said, it will likely take a shit ton of time. I know @M3E6 was mapping at one point…

Offline M3E6

• Respect: +52/-78
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: M3E6
  • Discord name: M3E6#5742
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2021, 08:22:11 pm »
most of the stuff I made looked like shit tbh :C i'd have to spin up another samp server on my box to even try.

Offline ChrisAg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2021, 08:59:28 pm »
Yep, I had already started making it myself but it's kinda tough to design its "base" shape, choosing from the default objects. Will be coming back with some pictures once it is in a fine stage.

Offline YellowFlash

• Respect: +21/-15
  • Classic Man
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: YellowFlash
  • Discord name: Abzjor#2830
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2021, 12:32:39 pm »
we need MD for his mapping skills for this one, Unforunatly he doesn't play anymore

May he rest in peace.
best mapper in town.

Offline ChrisAg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2021, 06:39:19 pm »
Hi guys, I will show you some preview pictures of my take on this one but note that it is not finished yet. Needs some more work still, but I'm trying my best. I have to say it feels nice mapping for SA-MP again (2011 or so was the last time I mapped anything haha). Everything may subject to change. Let me know what you think. Thank you.

Offline Cashewz

• Respect: +64/-43
  • vibe check
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Cashewz
  • Discord name: Cashewz#6666
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2021, 07:02:54 pm »
Hi guys, I will show you some preview pictures of my take on this one but note that it is not finished yet. Needs some more work still, but I'm trying my best. I have to say it feels nice mapping for SA-MP again (2011 or so was the last time I mapped anything haha). Everything may subject to change. Let me know what you think. Thank you.

That's hella impressive, good job!

Offline Dudesdog

• Smoke Weed Everyday
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2021, 07:39:15 pm »

That actually looks super great and I’d love to see it in game.. @Mike thoughts on his WIP?

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2021, 07:41:48 pm »
Wow that's actually really good. Are those 2 pics of the same map, because they look different?

Also don't forget to test it with high waves, as they'll likely go through the floor in some places if you don't make some adjustments!
View trailers here.

Offline ChrisAg

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2021, 09:51:48 pm »
Thank you guys. It is indeed one map, just the second was taken from the other side. I will also be making sure there won't be any issues/exploits on the map. What bugs me though is that there seems to be a draw distance issue when I run it on my test server but it could very well be an issue with the streamer plugin I use. If you wish, I could also send you the code and do a quick testing yourself just to make sure.

Offline Domingo

• Respect: +100/-79
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Domingo
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2021, 10:40:29 pm »
Thank you guys. It is indeed one map, just the second was taken from the other side. I will also be making sure there won't be any issues/exploits on the map. What bugs me though is that there seems to be a draw distance issue when I run it on my test server but it could very well be an issue with the streamer plugin I use. If you wish, I could also send you the code and do a quick testing yourself just to make sure.

I really like your map and skills overall, this would be really refreshing for the server.

Back to the suggestion, Island prison would be nice as I stated above but only if there is a possibility that the Island can re-locate after each city change, so f.e. in LS we don't really need to drive that path to the prison.

Offline cynosy

• Respect: +85/-150
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [59]cynosy
  • Discord name: cynosy#1111
  • Crew: Grey Five Nine
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2021, 11:43:01 pm »
Looks sick, I don't know why not to add this, +1.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2021, 08:50:47 am »
Yeah the streamer can be a dick with streaming sometimes. Specify the streaming distance to 5000 and the draw distance to 4000 or something, for the main land mass at least.
View trailers here.

Offline YellowFlash

• Respect: +21/-15
  • Classic Man
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: YellowFlash
  • Discord name: Abzjor#2830
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2021, 10:12:03 am »
bro that loooks hella sick, but I feel like it's wayy to close to the land, maybe jkust shift it further if it's possible.

Offline ChrisAg

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2021, 01:36:02 pm »
Thanks! I sorted out the distance issue and tweaked the values of every object like this: Larger objects have higher draw and streaming values while smaller objects have lower. I will start working on the interior of the prison too and then create a simple "break your friend out of jail" system to show you my idea of how it will work.

I really like your map and skills overall, this would be really refreshing for the server.

Back to the suggestion, Island prison would be nice as I stated above but only if there is a possibility that the Island can re-locate after each city change, so f.e. in LS we don't really need to drive that path to the prison.

Thank you. This is exactly what I suggested in my main post, moving it around though would be a hard thing to achieve since I cannot seem to bulk move objects in the application that I'm using for mapping so we will have to change the coordinates manually (?).

Offline FlyingBanana

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +20/-27
  • if life gives u lemons have banana
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: FlyingBanana
  • Discord name: FlyingBanana
  • Crew: The four dragons triad
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2021, 01:55:03 pm »
would love to see this. Would add a use to the high speed boats

Offline Krzychu

• Respect: +26/-24
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Krzychu
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2021, 02:46:54 pm »
Should add work prison guard, if the island it will be. By the way I am for the thought.

Offline Dudesdog

• Smoke Weed Everyday
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2021, 03:27:49 pm »
Should add work prison guard, if the island it will be. By the way I am for the thought.

Could make this a subset job, maybe add to cop or maybe make it it’s own rank in itself? Idk

Offline Krzychu

• Respect: +26/-24
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Krzychu
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2021, 05:00:32 pm »
maybe add to cop
When in-game is many MWs its be help to cop who don't want fight with criminals