Author Topic: Allowing Medics to help Other classes in these situations  (Read 1128 times)

Rated 5 times

Offline Ahsoka_Tano

• Respect: +17/-24
  • A wolf in disguise
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [TFLW]Alice
  • Discord name: WOLF#1193
  • Crew: Task Force Lone Wolf
Allowing Medics to help Other classes in these situations
« on: June 23, 2021, 09:47:25 pm »
« Last Rated on: June 27, 2021, 05:40:22 pm »
Suggestion regarding the popular comment of the Holy Mike  ;D
This is a small suggestion rule for medics so everyone knows when a medic can/can not attack another person, its unofficial so im bringing it to suggestion to make it official, some of these can be changed or more situations can be added but depends.

The difference between a Medic and a Police Officer is obvious, medics is to save lives, while the officers is to protect and serve.

-> They share the same radio.
-> They cannot damage each other.

Since they both share the same radio they can pretty much communicate together, however that does not mean they work together to neutralize a suspect. The Medic can protect himself in case he feels threatened or in rare cases protect/help a fellow civilian/medic/officer/Firefighter.
If a civilian is getting treated and suddenly some maniac starts to shoot him in the back then obviously he CAN protect the civilian he is treating, same goes for officers. If a criminal is shooting up a person i am healing/just healed then i would probably protect my patient, same goes for downed people. IF a person is "wounded" on the ground and somebody wants to kill them then i will not hesitate to park my car/bike between him and me and shoot up the criminal to scare him off while stabilizing the wounded person (aka reviving him). *
! But there is a difference between defending and hunting. IF a person that was shooting him is fleeying for his life and is around the corner then i shouldn´t chase him down, i should treat the wounded officer and once he is fully recovered its his job to hunt him down as my duty of defending him is done since he has fully recovered and is capable to defend himself (in most cases and if its an officer), in case of a civilian/medic/firefighter there are other scenarios.

Regarding Wanted Criminals... they arent saints, they commited a crime to hurt somebody (in most cases), so obviously if a criminal is getting shot by a police officer i will not protect him because he is moy friend, however if he is wounded i should treat him, its my job. People some times dont understand that being a medic is one of the Emergency Services anyone can call (Firefighters/police/coastguard/ambulance). Medics cannot get a wanted level so teaming with a criminal is a big no, you can revive and heal them but not defend them from others( this only applies if the wanted suspect is attacked by a Police Officer and if below situations havent happened!!!!).

Summary:

1. Medics can attack Wanted people that are shooting at civilians/Firefighters/officers which have been recently healed. [1 minute] IF the most wanted has fleed a good distance away from me then i should not pursue but treat the civilian/medic/officer. (100 gta sa meters)

2. Medics can attack Wanted people that have downed a civilian/medic/officer/Firefighter/Wanted Person but have not killed him. If you were in mids of defending him (shooting the attacker) and he managed to kill him then you have 1 minute to back away and you can open fire on the  wanted suspect, however he has full right to shoot at you unless the Above situation has not happened and the suspect is not fleeying (running away and not shooting you).

3. Medics can attack Wanted people that are shooting a fellow medic in order to defend them.  If the medic has died whilst you were defending him, then you have 1 minute to back away and you can open fire on the wanted suspect, however he has full right to shoot at you unless one of the Above situations have not happened and the suspect is not fleeying (running away and not shooting you).

4. Medics can attack Wanted people that are shooting a fellow officer in order to defend them. You are there to defend him not help him finish off the suspects, you are allowed to shoot the wanted person but not have the finishing blow on him. If you were in mids of defending him (shooting the attacker) and he managed to kill him then you have 1 minute to back away and you can open fire on the wanted suspect, however he has full right to shoot at you unless one of the Above situations have not happened and the suspect is not fleeying (running away and not shooting you).

5. Medics CAN NOT attack Wanted people that are fleeying from officers in order to defend them. (if he is being pursued you are not there to help ram him off the road, that is not defending but chasing.) Unless one of the Above situations (1-4) have not happened.

6.Medics CAN NOT attack Wanted people that are fleeying from officers on foot in order to defend them. (Blocking his road of escape, using a fire extinguisher to block him etc..) Unless one of the Above situations (1-4) have not happened.

7. Medics CAN NOT attack civilians unless one of the Above situations (1-4) have not happened.

8. Medics CAN NOT attack medics/officers/Firefighters or theyr vehicles. (friendly fire is disabled and they are pretty much all on the same team but it is not allowed in general)

9. Medics CAN NOT attack Wanted people in general that are just running around/have robbed a store/ stole a car/robbed you/robbed another person, medic, officer, firefighter etc... unless one of the Above situations (1-4) have not happened.

This is a brief overview of when a medic can/can not attack specific people, however always use common sense and don´t just rely solely on this as you can´t just go blasting suspects once an officer gets attacked or defend a most wanted that is being attacked by another most wanted. ;)
Nobody can escape their sins, everyone gets punished whether it takes a day or an eternity.
You can change who you are, but you cannot run from yourself.

Offline Domingo

• Respect: +100/-79
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Domingo
Re: Allowing Medics to help Other classes in these situations
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2021, 10:01:19 pm »
I appreciate your effort, but that is too complicated for a simple job. In my opinion, medics shouldn't be allowed to shoot suspects unless it's self defence, period. This is not a TDM server.

Offline Bahzi

• Respect: +10/-1
  • Buster
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [B]ahzi
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2021, 10:27:27 pm »
Since all people who have shot can flee afterwards, this would result in a lot of reports, about medics killing fleeing suspects. These will take a lot of time to investigate, while most of the reports will be invalid due to insufficient evidence. A bit like currently with cop hunt complaints.

Another thing is medics will get shot, when they are near a cop, as they basically pose a threat.

I don't think anyone will be happy with that, and in the end it results in moderators and admins spending more time on spectating users rather than have some fun, by either playing the game or organizing an event.

Last but not least I agree with Domingo. Medics should only use violence out of self defense. (Not even out of revenge even, as their job will give them advantages over civilians.)

Offline Latz

• nab master
  • Respect: +24/-8
  • nu
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Latz
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2021, 09:02:03 pm »
Medics are medics, that's a perfect explanation to your suggestion.

Offline JerrYx

• Respect: +14/-47
  • God
    • View Profile
  • Discord name: Equalizer#0090
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2021, 04:24:59 pm »
No.

Offline Dudesdog

• Smoke Weed Everyday
  • Respect: +129/-12
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Dudesdog
  • Discord name: Dudesdog#6216
  • Crew: 77 - Continental Crew
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2021, 07:32:59 pm »
I think the amount of effort you put into this post is pretty cool but to not complicate things, medics should really just be healing players whether it be cop or criminal, imo.