Author Topic: Slang word.  (Read 1225 times)

Offline Achilles_

• Respect: +30/-37
  • Legend
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Achilles_
  • Discord name: Achilles_#8382
  • Crew: Solo
Slang word.
« on: May 13, 2021, 11:44:53 am »
Ban ID (if applicable)YOUR_TEXT_HERE
Your in-game namewT_Achilles_
Ban or infraction appeal?Infractions (3 points)
Date and time of ban/infraction including timezoneShown in the ss below.
Ban/infraction reason and detailsI used a slang word for a cig *cool dude*, as we all say it in the UK, and I got infracted for that by sir Bahzi (Which is gay and I didn't know that and he took offense of a slang word).
Why was this ban/infraction wrongfully issued?I did not play in a week and I was at work when that rule was made, so when I came back I used it as a slang word and boom I got ifnracted xd
What was the situation which lead to this wrongful ban/infraction? What was happening?sir Bahzi was the situation, which had nothing to do with him as well.
Any witnesses that can vouch for you?God, probably plenty..
Any more information to provide?Sir Bahzi, I do apologize, but that was such a gay thing you did there, punishing me like that, even more you added 3 points .. :(

« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 11:49:36 am by Achilles_ »

Offline Bahzi

• Respect: +10/-1
  • Buster
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [B]ahzi
Re: Slang word.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2021, 01:55:05 am »
Will respond on this later today.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2021, 01:19:48 pm »
[11/05/2021 19:36:32] [chat] wT_Achilles_: learn English cool dude

That is not used in a non-insulting way.. Fair infraction IMO.
View trailers here.

Offline Bahzi

• Respect: +10/-1
  • Buster
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [B]ahzi
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2021, 09:05:05 pm »
Thank you for your appeal, Achilles_.

I see you actually bring up two issues in your appeal. One being the issued infraction, worth 3 infraction points, for the usage of British slang and the other me being gay and acting as such on the server. Although I think you should file a staff complaint for the latter, I will take my personal freedom to respond on it. (I will do that later, in a separate reply on this topic.)

Issue of the infraction.
Days ago I indeed issued an infraction, for usage of the word cool dude. You clearly used the word as an insult, towards another player. As such I believe the infraction was fair.

The amount of points I gave for the infraction I decided on multiple contributing factors. First and foremost another player received the same amount of points for the same offense. In that regard I didn't see any objective reasons to issue a lower amount of infraction points, to you. That being said, I did check your earlier infractions, in order to be sure you didn't get banned over this incident. In such a case I (personally) would've issued a lower amount of infraction points.

Your appeal
You said you used a slang word as you all say it in the UK. You further write you were not aware of the rule.

I understand you were not aware of the rule at the moment I issued the infraction. However, it was only 14 minutes later you for the first time tried to let others say the same word. In your fourth and fifth attempt you wrote the following:
wT_Achilles_ (10): it's connected
wT_Achilles_ (10): with homosexuality
wT_Achilles_ (10): and starts on F
and
wT_Achilles_ (10): not a homosexual
wT_Achilles_ (10): but
wT_Achilles_ (10): what?

Unless you have any kind of proof you Brits use homosexual and cigarette interchangeably, I believe your defense here is utter nonsense. Actually I feel like you have based it on something I wrote earlier myself, when you brought up the issue of using this word, again.

I think I've been very understanding with your hurt feelings and have shown a lot of patience with your behaviour the last couple of days. As you know trying to let others break the same rule as you did, wasn't the last you did. You actually continued using the word and didn't mind to insult me well, for an action I took as a moderator. One of such insults I attached as an image, to freshen up your memory a bit. How many infractions did I give you for all of that? Exactly, none. It qualified for more than 10 points, i.e. a ban, though.

Conclusion: I will not retract your infraction points. I actually feel sorry for being too patient with you.

Offline Achilles_

• Respect: +30/-37
  • Legend
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Achilles_
  • Discord name: Achilles_#8382
  • Crew: Solo
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2021, 10:23:53 pm »
Fair point, but as I stated above, you infracted me and I wasn't even aware of this "rule", since I've been away for a week.. I mean c'mon you could've warned me first. Then it happend all that chat above that you mentioned. All I did was ask you to warn me since I had no clue that thing became a rule and I didn't even know your gay until you mentioned, AFTER that chat happened.