Author Topic: Limit ban duration  (Read 1773 times)

Not rated

Offline Sasino97

• Respect: +44/-6
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [B]Sasino
  • Discord name: Sasino#7205
  • Crew: BloodZ & SASP
Limit ban duration
« on: April 24, 2021, 11:54:34 am »
Currently, a ban can last a year. Why is that bad?

1. Innocent players are banned all the time and their appeals are denied. You can't do anything to prevent that, it will always happen to unlucky people, just like in real life innocent people are sentenced to jail.

2. Players that actually broke a rule sometimes don't mean to break them, for example abusing a bug that they didn't know it was a bug. Or RDMing / cop-DMing when they don't understand English and can't read the rules.

3. During such a long time, players will usually lose interest in MCNR and start playing something else, decreasing the player base.

My suggestion to alleviate those issues: set the max ban duration of a member to 2 weeks. No more. That's the sweet spot.

2 weeks is a sufficient amount of time to ponder on your mistakes in an online game, including if you cheated or abused a bug, and at the same time it's short enough to keep playing it after the ban expires.

It's not worth it to cheat for an hour and not be able to play for 2 weeks. Members that like and enjoy playing MCNR will think again before doing it.

Permanent bans should be reserved for people that connect and start cheating right away.

I apologize for typos, I'm on my phone and I don't have Grammarly here 😂

#FreeCuba

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
Re: Limit ban duration
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2021, 12:10:04 pm »
So if someone joins the server and uses cheats to blow up every vehicle and kill every player, we only ban them for 2 weeks..?

I do agree a year is a long time, but I'd rather keep players we don't want away from the server. If we only ban people for cheating for 2 weeks they're highly likely to come back and do it again. They've proved they can and will cheat. They'll just be more clever to avoid getting caught.
View trailers here.

Offline xev

• Banned
  • Respect: +41/-121
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: xev
  • Discord name: xev#4060
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 12:47:04 pm »
yes cheaters should stay banned no mercy and its really hard to gather around proof when they are hiding in squads

Offline 51ck51ck

• Respect: +12/-28
  • I'm a crazy mfking retard
    • View Profile
  • Crew: Wu-Tang
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2021, 12:55:37 pm »
So if someone joins the server and uses cheats to blow up every vehicle and kill every player, we only ban them for 2 weeks..?

I do agree a year is a long time, but I'd rather keep players we don't want away from the server. If we only ban people for cheating for 2 weeks they're highly likely to come back and do it again. They've proved they can and will cheat. They'll just be more clever to avoid getting caught.

Decreasing bans duration to 2 weeks / 1 month max is a very good thing, made exception for cheaters. In my opinion cheats bans should be min 2/3 months and max 6 months, every time you get caught cheating, your ban increase (1 month like) without any kind of lift. Let's give chances to cheaters to come back hoping they won't cheat anymore. +1 for bans reduction, no mercy for cheaters.

Offline YellowFlash

• Respect: +21/-15
  • Classic Man
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: YellowFlash
  • Discord name: Abzjor#2830
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2021, 03:06:02 pm »
When you kill someone in real life and are sentenced for 14 years of life, you can't ask to be paroled the first 2 weeks of jail. It doesn't work like that, In this game or in real life xD
same concept, if you ban a active player on the server for only 2 weeks, he knows that's the threshold and he can just continue getting banned everytime he/she stuffs up.

Offline RedX

• cringe
  • Respect: +42/-91
  • gg ez noob
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: RedX
  • Discord name: RedX#0809
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2021, 03:28:46 pm »
Can the maximum ban duration for using cheats be limited to 1-2 months? A player should receive 1 year ban if he uses cheats/hacks again.
And for other reasons.......... idk

Offline Dudesdog

• Smoke Weed Everyday
  • Respect: +129/-12
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Dudesdog
  • Discord name: Dudesdog#6216
  • Crew: 77 - Continental Crew
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2021, 03:44:29 pm »
1. Innocent players are banned all the time and their appeals are denied. You can't do anything to prevent that, it will always happen to unlucky people, just like in real life innocent people are sentenced to jail.

I’m going to stop you right there. Do you have evidence of this or is it just an opinion? I can tell you right now that we don’t ban players without a cause, and appeals are handled by our entire staff not just the person who banned them. Therefore, if it is denied… there is reason. We also reduce bans if we feel they are too harsh.

Offline Ahsoka_Tano

• Respect: +17/-24
  • A wolf in disguise
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [TFLW]Alice
  • Discord name: WOLF#1193
  • Crew: Task Force Lone Wolf
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2021, 08:03:54 pm »
3. During such a long time, players will usually lose interest in MCNR and start playing something else, decreasing the player base.
I dont see how loosing a blacklisted person that used cheats and caused damage to a server is a bad thing. Especially if it happens rarely, unless everyone that is playing MCnR is a cheater.

Althought i believe a sentence of 1 month for a first tíme cheater is sufficient and for the second time or ban evade during the sentence an increase ban duration.

Nobody can escape their sins, everyone gets punished whether it takes a day or an eternity.
You can change who you are, but you cannot run from yourself.

Offline SausageParty

• Busta
  • Respect: +37/-15
  • I will not miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2021, 06:48:43 pm »
We have a infraction system which is staged and begins with 1 week ban. No more to say.
And cheaters deserve to be banned permanently but we show mercy and ban 6-12 months (depends what they did).

Cheers.
Tschüss ihr kacklappen

Offline Lancerb1

• Respect: +33/-11
  • Buster
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Lancerb1
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2021, 10:31:21 pm »
Unfortunately a max 2 week ban is not something we will consider especially for hackers, cheaters, and ban evaders. We already have players evading a week ban, so I don't see how a max 2 week ban will stop them from evading.