Author Topic: Army  (Read 2639 times)

Rated 1 time

[P]atchy[MAIN]

Army
« on: March 04, 2021, 08:09:58 am »
« Last Rated on: March 04, 2021, 02:11:21 pm »
Ye, I know that MCNR had army. But, if a player gets killed by a hydra or rhino, is not detectable at all? <= A question mark is added.

https://mikescnr.com/forum/index.php/topic,509.msg4244.html#msg4244

Mike told, "The only time SA-MP can’t figure out who killed the player that dies is when their vehicle is hit by an explosion."

But, today I saw a video of another server. There, players are detectable how they got killed. Just can't post the video on forums, only PM.

So, Mike, I'm telling you to do more research on this... Video PMed to you...

If you want the video, PM me.

Offline Flyburger

• MOST TOXIC PLAYER 2020
  • Respect: +105/-98
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Flyburger
  • Discord name: Flyburger#9706
  • Crew: KoS always in heart
Re: Army
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 12:51:46 pm »
Ye, I know that MCNR had army. But, if a player gets killed by a hydra or rhino, is not detectable at all? <= A question mark is added.
SA-MP can't detect who killed, however, there's a trick that you can script and makes it sort of knowing who bombed someone, but it's still buggy and sometimes could be wrong.

[P]atchy[MAIN]

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 01:58:36 pm »
SA-MP can't detect who killed, however, there's a trick that you can script and makes it sort of knowing who bombed someone, but it's still buggy and sometimes could be wrong.

I don't think it can be wrong cuz I have a video but only pm...

Offline Charlie

• clarted
  • Respect: +73/-14
  • big bog
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Charlie
  • Discord name: fizi#8359
  • Crew: karbz' daddy
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2021, 02:11:11 pm »
Why does it even matter, the hydra and rhino are not being used on the server?
Plus, their "ability to register deaths" is not the only reason they've got removed, it's because these vehicles are overpowered and would just ruin the gameplay experience more than the seasparrow already does.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 02:13:12 pm by Charlie »

Offline ranja

• Respect: +106/-26
  • Ryder did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: ranja
  • Crew: WESTMOB
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2021, 02:13:58 pm »
We already have seasparrow and it's a pain in the ass, so. No more, please.

[P]atchy[MAIN]

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2021, 02:23:18 pm »
For above two replies: Why not to add lol? It was in the server but couldn't experience riding these on a samp server... Anyways I'll wait for Mike's answer cuz the army rank was in the server and he's the developer to think what to do...

Offline cynosy

• Respect: +85/-150
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [59]cynosy
  • Discord name: cynosy#1111
  • Crew: Grey Five Nine
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2021, 06:12:58 pm »
For above two replies: Why not to add lol? It was in the server but couldn't experience riding these on a samp server... Anyways I'll wait for Mike's answer cuz the army rank was in the server and he's the developer to think what to do...
Not only are cops overpowered now, this would make them even more powerful, so that criminals wouldn't even stand a chance. You really want this server to become a chaos, don't you?

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2021, 11:04:26 pm »
If you explode someone on foot, SA-MP reports the damage and the death with the correct killer ID and you know it's them. The issue comes when the victim is in a vehicle. The script acts as if their car just blew up randomly and cannot tell you who blew their car up. The same issue arises if you blow someone's car up with a grenade - there's no way to tell who did it. It's a massive gaping oversight in SAMP.

If I can't accurately detect who you killed when you're in a Hydra for example, a) you won't get credit for the kill and b) you can't be punished or prevented from e.g. killing innocent players.

While it would in theory be possible to script a system whereby if someone dies in a vehicle explosion it checks if someone shot Hydra/Hunter/Rhino rockets towards them in the last couple of seconds, it's not accurate enough IMO. What if there's two of you with Hydras and one completely misses and one hits? The script can't accurately tell who it was. What if someone drives into a gas station and it was that that killed them and not your rocket? It's just too unreliable to bother.
View trailers here.

[P]atchy[MAIN]

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2021, 01:50:59 am »
Well, in that video, I saw that the guy was killing people when they are inside a vehicle. And the kill list showed X exploded Y. Even every time he killed people, he got some XP too.

Offline Lancerb1

• Respect: +33/-11
  • Buster
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Lancerb1
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2021, 03:03:08 am »
Just because something appears to be accurate does not mean it will be 100% accurate in every scenario. Like Mike said, a script can be made to detect such kills and attribute them to the correct player, but it will not be 100% accurate in every scenario.

[P]atchy[MAIN]

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2021, 10:41:47 am »
Ahh ok. I'm actually telling this cuz never experienced hydra and rhino on samp. Also, the server that I play, has these but we can buy it with a huge cost and for once. If we left, those will be gone. Ok, I understand it.

But, what if this added to join in the army and use those vehicles?:
   -You must need to have a recorder whenever you'll go on-duty as an army. (I think it'll help us more...?)

Offline Domingo

• Respect: +100/-79
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Domingo
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2021, 11:06:06 am »
Ahh ok. I'm actually telling this cuz never experienced hydra and rhino on samp. Also, the server that I play, has these but we can buy it with a huge cost and for once. If we left, those will be gone. Ok, I understand it.

But, what if this added to join in the army and use those vehicles?:
   -You must need to have a recorder whenever you'll go on-duty as an army. (I think it'll help us more...?)
I've experienced and they're OP as fuck. You can see how much a sparrow causes problems for criminals with heli-blading and that semi-auto shooting shit. Army seems fun, but without explosives I don't really see the purpose to add it.

And for recording, am not going to say that is the worst possible idea you could suggest, but it's not gonna work for sure.

[P]atchy[MAIN]

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2021, 11:29:14 am »
And for recording, am not going to say that is the worst possible idea you could suggest, but it's not gonna work for sure.

lmao... My PC also can't run this game at 60 fps always this is why, it's worst for many people. But, if it's added(?) none of the RDMs will happen with those vehicles... A big requirement to join the army: A good PC like Hank or Anxiety's.

Offline Domingo

• Respect: +100/-79
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Domingo
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2021, 11:53:49 am »
lmao... My PC also can't run this game at 60 fps always this is why, it's worst for many people. But, if it's added(?) none of the RDMs will happen with those vehicles... A big requirement to join the army: A good PC like Hank or Anxiety's.
definition of double standards, -1

Offline Hank_Montgomery

• Original Gangster
  • Respect: +51/-28
  • Bring 2000 vehicle armor health points back again!
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Hank_Montgomery
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2021, 03:46:27 pm »

Offline sousage

• Blatant Aimbot
  • Respect: +197/-34
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: sousage
  • Discord name: gr8🔫#1278
  • Crew: 77
fell from heaven to establish his own kingdom.
[GUIDE] Installing Mod with Modloader| [SHR] sampgui n mouse pointer
6.1760°S 106.8228°E

GitHub pls

Offline Dudesdog

• Smoke Weed Everyday
  • Respect: +129/-12
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Dudesdog
  • Discord name: Dudesdog#6216
  • Crew: 77 - Continental Crew
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2021, 05:57:02 pm »