Author Topic: When burglary goes wrong... lol  (Read 1153 times)

Not rated

Offline Matthias

• Block of Text 2021
  • Respect: +30/-3
  • rawr x3 *pounces u* owo
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Matthias
When burglary goes wrong... lol
« on: February 26, 2021, 01:49:05 pm »
Attached video : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R9k-6dJut8J0xSdAMda-X2JKGULcx-Io/view?usp=sharing

Alrighty - so I just finished emptying a couple properties in relation to one of my daily objectives, when madlads [MC]SNOOP and ViperRadius show up.
Being the nice guys they are I throw them a $10k bribe between them and am on my way (though I get Level 2 for getting into my van with the stolen goods again!)

I think to myself "oh well, no one is going to care about a level two van"...

Then disaster strikes : the radar around 40 seconds you'll notice will have their icons disappear and a different icon appears within a few seconds.
Thinking it is the officers I just bribed I'm confused and give up immediately (after being lit up with AK-47 and Tec9 fire) and say to myself "okay these guys are just fucking with me" now.

Not realising the situation I try to throw them a $500 bribe but end up getting cuffed and arrested. :'(
I was understandably cross about this >:( because I thought my guys [MC]SNOOP and ViperRadius had betrayed me - but now I know what actually happened I find it hilarious how unlucky I was xD

SA-MP really does produce some special moments sometimes.

[P]atchy[MAIN]

Re: When burglary goes wrong... lol
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 03:03:49 pm »
bro make a youtube channel and upload videos.

xDD Cops are betrayers, don't trust them lol

« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 03:06:08 pm by Patchy »

Offline Matthias

• Block of Text 2021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2021, 03:12:00 pm »
bro make a youtube channel and upload videos.
Hiya Patchy!
I'm well aware of how to create a YouTube channel.

The reason I do it this way is because Google Drive renders video files in the same way that YouTube does (Alphabet Inc., better known as Google purchased YouTube some years ago).
It also avoids shenanigans like copyright strikes and DMCA requests - something of particular concern with the radio in GTA SA.

If the quality is low (i.e. 360p max) this is because the video is still not fully rendered and may take some hours (the same thing will happen on YouTube).
You also have the option of downloading the raw file to view it in the proper quality (something which you can only do on YouTube if you have a YouTube Premium subscription).

All of that being said Google Drive links do not automatically embed videos onto posts on this version of SMF - I can look into finding the HTML required to embed Google Drive videos, however.

Hopefully all of that makes sense.
Thank you for the kind advice though. ♥ 

Offline Dracula

• Respect: +9/-5
  • inactiveBetaTester.
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Dracula.
  • Discord name: Dracula.#1584
  • Crew: Not in Crew.
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2021, 07:30:04 pm »
Hiya Patchy!
I'm well aware of how to create a YouTube channel.

The reason I do it this way is because Google Drive renders video files in the same way that YouTube does (Alphabet Inc., better known as Google purchased YouTube some years ago).
It also avoids shenanigans like copyright strikes and DMCA requests - something of particular concern with the radio in GTA SA.

If the quality is low (i.e. 360p max) this is because the video is still not fully rendered and may take some hours (the same thing will happen on YouTube).
You also have the option of downloading the raw file to view it in the proper quality (something which you can only do on YouTube if you have a YouTube Premium subscription).

All of that being said Google Drive links do not automatically embed videos onto posts on this version of SMF - I can look into finding the HTML required to embed Google Drive videos, however.

Hopefully all of that makes sense.
Thank you for the kind advice though. ♥ 

Wow 😲😱. What's inside your head? Looks like you have potential why not apply as a staff or help Mike with the server.

And the way you reply to some replies is so kind 💯

Respect +1
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 07:34:32 pm by Dracula. »

Offline Hank_Montgomery

• Original Gangster
  • Respect: +51/-28
  • Bring 2000 vehicle armor health points back again!
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Hank_Montgomery
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2021, 08:58:17 pm »
Hey, you could actually make a voiceover to your journeys on MCnR if you have a mic or you can buy one like Samson C01U Pro which is ~100 bucks and a pop filter and upload on YT (yeah, make sure to turn off the radio completely in the settings).

Offline Matthias

• Block of Text 2021
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2021, 10:02:54 pm »
Wow 😲😱. What's inside your head? Looks like you have potential why not apply as a staff or help Mike with the server.

And the way you reply to some replies is so kind 💯

Respect +1
Hi Dracula!

Really appreciate your endorsement - even if I wanted to apply for a Staff position, the application requires having played on MCNR for at least three months.
Since I started playing on just over a week ago (18/02) I wouldn't be eligible to make such an application.

That being said I have already written an Unofficial Law Enforcement Guide which you've already seen ;D (which btw, is close to completion but still awaiting feedback & input from Mike).

In general I'll stick around and try and help new players - and see if I'm still fully engaged with the server when we reach June.

Hey, you could actually make a voiceover to your journeys on MCnR if you have a mic or you can buy one like Samson C01U Pro which is ~100 bucks and a pop filter and upload on YT (yeah, make sure to turn off the radio completely in the settings).
Hi Hank!

You spoke to me in the voice chat the other day - was the quality of my microphone not good enough for you ? :o
Jokes aside I only really want to post clips if it's entertaining or evidence for something - doing the whole YouTube thing isn't for me.

Thank you for the suggestion though - I know what microphone to get if I decide to go down that path ;)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 10:05:40 pm by Matthias »