Author Topic: Kidnapper  (Read 2065 times)

Rated 4 times

Offline Dan

• Respect: +324/-39
  • They Saw The Dan ... They Ran 💨
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Dan
  • Discord name: illlDaN#6065
Kidnapper
« on: January 30, 2021, 06:57:43 am »
« Last Rated on: April 03, 2021, 07:51:56 pm »
We have a mechanic, medic prostitute, medic and cop
Why dont we add kidnapper?
A guy with the ability to kidnap players by cuffing them like cops and putting them in his van to a hangout which will ask the guy who got kidnapped to either pay or to wait for 5 mins  it can even be visible for others to pay the Ransom to that guy, it will really be funny if we implemented that

Offline howl

• Original Gangster
  • Respect: +110/-183
    • View Profile
Re: Kidnapper
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 10:10:45 am »
gay suggestion, but sure why not. +1

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2021, 10:12:22 am »
It won't be a 'job' but perhaps an ability that anyone can do, I'm not sure. I've thought about it before, but haven't had any proper ideas on how the implementation would actually work.
View trailers here.

Offline howl

• Original Gangster
  • Respect: +110/-183
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2021, 10:32:38 am »
It won't be a 'job' but perhaps an ability that anyone can do, I'm not sure. I've thought about it before, but haven't had any proper ideas on how the implementation would actually work.

it's simple, as you try to bait a person to sit in your car as a passenger, then you kidnap him out of nowhere.
globally everyone will be able to ransom him.
and, the kidnapper will have a choice to either deliver him to his hideout for further gay purposes, and steal his money, or either free him, or await till someone ransoms his poor gay ass

Offline Ahsoka_Tano

• Respect: +17/-24
  • A wolf in disguise
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [TFLW]Alice
  • Discord name: WOLF#1193
  • Crew: Task Force Lone Wolf
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2021, 12:19:41 pm »
I highly DOUBT that you would want to spend the next 30 minutes being tortured and unable to move whilst you are being held for Huge ammounts of money. If its a newbie why would anyone even bother to pay a ransom for him if he ever got kidnapped? There is no gain for the one paying or the one being kidnapped, only the kidnapper.

Not to mention the abuse that it can bring, friends kidnap friends and beg people to pay ransom for them.
I see this as more of an event for cops not a regular job, because if i were kidnapped and spent the entire evening being cuffed by some "random", id just ragequit.
Nobody can escape their sins, everyone gets punished whether it takes a day or an eternity.
You can change who you are, but you cannot run from yourself.

Offline Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2021, 02:32:06 pm »
wat about buying cuffs from gas station or 24/7 or even steal them from pd and then u cuff the guy u kidnap and put him in the car or (the ability to kidnap without cuffing if the player is already in ur vehicle

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2021, 02:39:48 pm »
If kidnapping was added, imagine being kidnapped, not really fun is it to sit in the back of a car, then get trapped in a room, for god knows how long. Yeah it might be an interesting experience the first time, but then you'd never get in the back seat of a vehicle ever again..
View trailers here.

Offline The_Centurion

• Street Soldier
  • Respect: +2/-19
  • Every dog has its day.
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: R4Gnar
  • Discord name: Ragnar#9557
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2021, 03:55:13 pm »
its a good idea and i remember it was a class like mechanic in Lsncr , they needed a rope and it took some time to trap the victim in a car , then he couldn't move or eject and the driver had to bring him to a place . eventually he would be released (after few mins) but also players could pay his ransom .

[P]atchy[MAIN]

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2021, 05:04:00 pm »
Lol
Like this?

Offline Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2021, 08:17:02 pm »
Lol
Like this?

no bro not like that my idea is by cuffing the player and putting him inside the van right after u cuff him

Offline Domingo

• Respect: +100/-79
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Domingo
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2021, 01:12:32 pm »
It would be fun if we can kidnap players, but  I don't know how much it will be in usage even after a week. Most of the kidnapped players would be newcomers, they would shout that they are kidnapped and cops would just come over and destroy your car. Probably new rule regulations for implementing this and probably some score boosting aswell.

Idk seems interesting, but not really needed at the moment.

Offline chuppy

• Respect: +27/-42
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: chuppy
  • Discord name: chuppy#1337
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2021, 09:17:22 am »
we don't have rape nor stds, you lose pretty much nothing on death..this server isn't really suitable for those kind of features

even if it does happen in future, no one would be stupid enough to sit in someone's car twice, so the amount of time to script another thing no one ever uses is kind of wasted for nothing.

Offline Matthias

• Block of Text 2021
  • Respect: +30/-3
  • rawr x3 *pounces u* owo
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Matthias
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2021, 09:40:09 am »
To share my views on this suggestion...~

I think that right now the only in-game mechanic featuring getting into a vehicle as a passenger is the 'Taxi' job.
At the moment the player count averages between 20 and 50 people often without any taxis online for reasons I won't go into on this post.

Getting to the point though - if there are kidnap mechanics it's likely that new players will be targeted which might cause them to leave because of the negative reinforcement.
In general it will make players suspicious of getting into cars - and this will be of serious concern for Taxis whose entire job revolves around this.

On-top of that as Mike/Ahsoka_Tano have pointed out - being stuck in a vehicle and held hostage isn't inherently fun either. It would need to be implemented in a really clever way.
And then there is the concern of why someone would pay a ransom to begin with and as Ahsoka_Tano said the issue of friends abusing it and kidnapping each-other for easy cash.

Not an inherently bad suggestion but I think we need a bigger player base - one where Taxis are regularly used before we implement features that might harm their business.
This is of particular concern because Taxi workers don't have any job events implemented yet.

2/5 from me.

Offline Hobgoblin

• Respect: +2/-20
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Hobgoblin
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2021, 07:27:57 pm »
no.