Author Topic: make cops lose more on deaths  (Read 2582 times)

Rated 6 times

shells

make cops lose more on deaths
« on: December 22, 2020, 12:45:37 am »
« Last Rated on: February 28, 2021, 10:01:46 am »
i think cops lose like $500 per death and criminals get jailed for 5 mins and 4k bail, dont seem balanced to me. maybe increase the $500 to like 1k or 2k, any ideas?

Offline Ahsoka_Tano

• Respect: +17/-24
  • A wolf in disguise
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [TFLW]Alice
  • Discord name: WOLF#1193
  • Crew: Task Force Lone Wolf
Re: make cops lose more on deaths
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2020, 01:54:39 am »
I lose money when i die?
Nobody can escape their sins, everyone gets punished whether it takes a day or an eternity.
You can change who you are, but you cannot run from yourself.

Offline Parzival

• Respect: +79/-101
    • View Profile
  • Crew: Crew
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2020, 04:01:19 am »
I lose money when i die?

XD

I agree with you, the 500$ was long ago, later on they even removed that and now they keep respawning and jailing suspects without losing a penny after dying. Making it like 700$ will be dope, fair play is what I'd like.
xo

Offline Domingo

• Respect: +100/-79
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Domingo
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2020, 11:41:30 pm »
+1

Cops doesn't lose their weapons after dying, so seems fair to me.

Offline Ahsoka_Tano

• Respect: +17/-24
  • A wolf in disguise
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [TFLW]Alice
  • Discord name: WOLF#1193
  • Crew: Task Force Lone Wolf
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2020, 01:16:13 am »
Cops doesn't lose their weapons after dying
You also don't lose your weapons after dying, only if you are arrested/locked in jail, thats when you lose your weapons.

Cops earn little money performing their duties, all i earn is basically spent on armour and weapons mostly since you get most money by arresting/neutralizing suspects. (which in most cases is suicide seeying how 1 newbie cop gets graped by 6 goofed up most wanteds)
Nobody can escape their sins, everyone gets punished whether it takes a day or an eternity.
You can change who you are, but you cannot run from yourself.

Offline SausageParty

• Busta
  • Respect: +37/-15
  • I will not miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2020, 01:52:54 am »
Nerf police already, they too OP. Cop class is still unbalanced, 1-2 cops already fuck over the whole server. +1 from me
Cops should lose guns (should respawn with same % as from evidence locker for criminals) and pay little $$$ on death like criminals, when they die.
Tschüss ihr kacklappen

Offline RavenGuard69

• Banned
  • Baller
  • Respect: +16/-60
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Bear
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2020, 08:29:44 am »
Nerf police already, they too OP. Cop class is still unbalanced, 1-2 cops already fuck over the whole server. +1 from me
Cops should lose guns (should respawn with same % as from evidence locker for criminals) and pay little $$$ on death like criminals, when they die.
thats not called nerfing... u are downgrading the cops like hell fuck ur comment bro thats too much

Offline Parzival

• Respect: +79/-101
    • View Profile
  • Crew: Crew
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2020, 09:01:27 am »
no need to deduct their weapon ammo and money both at once, that's too harsh. Only a small money deduction i.e 500-600$ will fair it up
xo

Offline SausageParty

• Busta
  • I will not miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2020, 01:29:23 pm »
Its my opinion. Cops are currently like bugs. You kill them, they come back.
Its literally just Spawn, kill, spawn, kill, spawn, kill. They don't even care when they die.
Tschüss ihr kacklappen

Offline Domingo

• Respect: +100/-79
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Domingo
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2020, 03:01:04 pm »
What about a little system which could stop cops of constantly coming back?

Maybe like if you get killed repeatedly in a short period of time, like I don't know, 10 deaths within 2-3 minutes, you get suspended from your job for 5 minutes due to constantly 'not performing your job well' or I don't know, something like that. I know Mike said he won't add any restrictions to cops, but lets see.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 03:09:06 pm by Domingo »

Offline SausageParty

• Busta
  • I will not miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2020, 10:46:17 pm »

Maybe like if you get killed repeatedly in a short period of time, like I don't know, 10 deaths within 2-3 minutes, you get suspended from your job for 5 minutes due to constantly 'not performing your job well' or I don't know, something like that. I know Mike said he won't add any restrictions to cops, but lets see.

Ye that was suggested already I guess. A respawn timer, e.G 30 secs before coming back + the spawn location when you die.
Tschüss ihr kacklappen

Offline abeabe

• Respect: +29/-30
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: abeabe
  • Discord name: abeabe#1234
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2020, 11:05:57 am »

https://mikescnr.com/forum/index.php/topic,5763.0.html
Zack Hemsey enthusiast

Offline RedX

• cringe
  • Respect: +42/-91
  • gg ez noob
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: RedX
  • Discord name: RedX#0809
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2020, 01:34:48 pm »
I don't think that's a nice idea because cops are a part of public service and why should they pay when they die while on duty? newbies become cop just because they die too many times while they were criminals and losing even 1k so many times can amount to more than what they earn. Instead of doing this
 make the respawn far enough. For example if a cop died in the main city of SF, spawn them in Angel Pine or Bayside. And if cop dies in Bayside or Angel Pine, spawn them in SFPD. That would be much better from my point of view.

Offline Sasino97

• Respect: +44/-6
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [B]Sasino
  • Discord name: Sasino#7205
  • Crew: BloodZ & SASP
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2020, 10:51:23 pm »

This sounds a lot better

#FreeCuba

shells

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2021, 01:05:11 am »
This sounds a lot better
i agree on that

Offline GtaFreak

• Respect: +38/-6
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: GtaFreak
  • Discord name: GtaFreak#4193
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2021, 08:41:51 pm »

Cops hardly make any money, our job is to stop you, and we get paid garbage.

No need to make us lose more on death when we hardly gain anything in the first place.

Offline _.please_delete

• ℙ𝕣𝕖𝕕𝕤𝕖𝕕𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕝' ℝ𝕖𝕕 𝔸𝕣𝕞𝕪
  • Original Gangster
  • Respect: +108/-73
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [RA]Alex184
  • Discord name: J.Alex#5103
  • Crew: Founder of Ex [RA] Red Army Crew
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2021, 03:39:49 pm »
This is not a danged team deathmatch server so you feel that the cops "team" have unfair advantages, it is normal that cops respawn normally after they die, they are working to make the city clean of crimes, not to compete in a team deathmatch way.
 “We must not allow other people’s limited perceptions to define us.”

Offline chuppy

• Respect: +27/-42
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: chuppy
  • Discord name: chuppy#1337
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2021, 09:32:34 am »
Cops don't earn any cash, so they shouldn't lose a lot either. Even when you arrest someone, once you fix your car and get some fuel you still lost more than you earned. Tbh i earn more on tickets than arrests which makes no sense either.

Also the "ban" from job because you die a lot makes no sense either..it's not really that hard to die because rules of killing cops aren't that strict and because there are gangs in PD and bank 24/7 slaughtering everyone that comes close.

Offline Matthias

• Block of Text 2021
  • Respect: +30/-3
  • rawr x3 *pounces u* owo
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Matthias
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2021, 10:01:32 am »
Many people have echoed my opinions on this already - police don't earn much and therefore it would be harsh to penalise police for dying.
The thing we have to keep in mind is that of all the jobs - Police are the only ones that are likely to die with any regularity, there are plenty of non-criminal activities that are fun and earn good money.

You only risk losing your weapons if you are level 2 wanted - you can store extra guns / ammo in properties to prevent this loss. The police are only going to kill you if you are a threat - you always have the option to surrender and /bribe . As for jailtime, the minimum you need to pay is $1000 for bail (just wait a couple mins and it'll tick-down) - but you can always bribe for $500 or get paroled for free by a level 5 officer.

Personally I think the *opposite* should be implemented with better pay than $50 for tailing 30 seconds, a few hundred after 15 minutes and getting an arrest - but personally I've never played cops for money, I play them because it is really fun ♥
So for the suggestion it is a 2/5

There are discussions on this same thread about Spawn Timers / changing spawns for police who have been killed to prevent them coming back constantly at the PD and hunting down nearby criminals.

My views:
Spawn Timers - I'd rather there be a short spawn timer than the shaky camera, but that isn't really keeping to the point. In my view criminals should *not be able* to flagrantly camp outside of PDs and get away with it unscathed - if you are wanted, then your goal (to be honest), should be to commit other crimes or evade. If you are chilling near to one of the PDs you deserve to be tazed / arrested and shot at if necessary - play stupid games and win stupid prizes.

Changing Spawns - Please no. As others have mentioned in the thread - ending up on the other side of the map and having to drive all the way back to the city would fucking suck. In addition I quite enjoy playing as a Sheriff in the Bone County / Red County areas (where it's rare to deal with large groups of criminals) - being spawned in the cities would also suck because I would have to drive all the way back to my *base location* where I am likely the only cop there anyways. ;D

Anyways. Hope it gives people things to think about ♥