Author Topic: Add a Command To Call For A Car Instead of Using Menu  (Read 1488 times)

Rated 2 times

Offline Hank_Montgomery

• Original Gangster
  • Respect: +51/-28
  • Bring 2000 vehicle armor health points back again!
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Hank_Montgomery
Add a Command To Call For A Car Instead of Using Menu
« on: August 28, 2020, 11:45:09 pm »
« Last Rated on: October 13, 2020, 01:09:31 pm »
1st Suggestion: make a command, e.g. /callcar to spawn a car from any garage or a house, and add ordinal number to the garage/house (1,2,3...) like it's shown in the picture below. Then if a player wants a car, he could just use a binded command like '/callcar 1'. It's so much faster, and it would save a lot of time for all the players of MCnR.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 04:51:11 pm by Hank_Montgomery »

Offline ranja

• Respect: +106/-26
  • Ryder did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: ranja
  • Crew: WESTMOB
Re: Add a Command To Call For A Car Instead of Using Menu
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2020, 12:34:43 am »
Hey Mr. Montgomery, how's it going.

Before giving my different perspectives at both of your suggestions, I must stress the need of posting/uploading 1 suggestion at the time, as said in the post ONE (1) SUGGESTION PER TOPIC PLEASE THANK YOU ! Mike has created recently. This was done to avoid confusion for the developers when moving topics to Accepted or Rejected child boards so that one topic doesn't have two suggestions accepted and one rejected, for example.

I would advise you to cut out the 2nd Suggestion you've posted below the first one, and post it in a completely new topic with a clear straightforward title like you had created for this first suggestion.

Nonetheless I will give you my two opinions on both of your suggestions.

1st Suggestion
+1 I like this idea. It saves a lot of time and clicks throughout all the menus it inevitably pops up. I would add letters and numbers representing garages and vehicles, respectively. For example a garage in Ocean Flats has 4 slots occupied with Infernus, NRG-500, Sultan and Faggio. We would assign the garage as "A" and Infernus 1, NRG 2... therefore if I wanted a Faggio spawned I'd just do "/callcar a4". If we do like "callcar a5" it would be shown an error stating "There is no garage/vehicle assigned to this combination."

2nd Suggestion
I don't know if all those SEVENTEEN things you stated in the video are suggestions or bug reports. Like...:
Number 1 — I think it's a suggestion because in places like Ganton (near B Dup's apartment), Missionary Hill and Easter Bay Chemicals they have considerably nearby "suitable roads" and in my opinion Mike didn't put spawn points of personal vehicles in those places even when they're considered suitable roads. But I'm not sure.
Number 2 — Sometimes your car doesn't want to stunt, this seems like a bug report waiting to be posted and tried by the testers to see if they can re-create the occurrence to issue a legit bug. Same thing applied to the oil spills before jumping, I'm not sure how they work and/of if this is considered a bug.
Number 3 — Same thing, you should try to re-create the incident and see if it's reoccurring.
Number 4 — Bug report.
Number 5 — I think the locker's "health" is supposed to refill once it's not being breached.
number 6 — This happens because the script captures the car being sunk but I think the script doesn't measure the time the car is standing in the soil again. The script is like "car + water? = destroyed". But I know where you're coming from, first time I experienced this stunt of dipping my car into the water and then landing on soil again, I was waiting for the car to resume its course, but I was bamboozled.
Number 7 — This happened before right in front of the Police Dpt. in Pershing Square; whenever I stood outside the precinct and called a car, sometimes it'd spawn under me (inside the PD's parking lot). Mike should have a look at the height of the player calling the private vehicle, so it equalizes the player's altitude.
Number 8 — Bug report. I have also experienced this issue, strongly believing it was due to a bad connection, but I'm not sure.
Number 9 — This happened to me today, surprisingly. Go again to the checkpoint (but inside a vehicle) and wait for the gas station menu to pop up and do "close" and it should go back to normal.
Number 10 — There are ATMs there. They were probably destroyed by other players.
Number 11 — Can't even comprehend what happened there.
Number 12 — Going back to what I have said about Mike assigning spawn places to private vehicles: he probably pointed in GTA:SA map the places the cars should spawn and probably didn't measure this wall thinking the road was a bit wider. Happens.
Number 13 — Post it on bug reports.
Number 14 — Fixable by posting in bug reports.
Number 15 — This is SA-MP overall, the online game where you have to drive in front of another vehicle to actually ram into it, called Lag Pit. The Banshee was affected by the explosion because it detonated nearby and moved it, although I strangely think it should move sideways, not forward...
Number 16 — Post it on bug reports.
Number 17 — Vendor is a fixed NPC, it's like a lamp post. Same applies to the red marker, it's scripted to be fixed in place. The hot-dog stand it's funny because it won't "stand".

These are my intakes on both of your suggestions, although the second one was more like a bug report list rather than an unique suggestion.

Please abide by the rule of posting one suggestion per topic, thank you.

Offline Hank_Montgomery

• Original Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2020, 11:12:41 am »
Hey Mr. Montgomery, how's it going.

Before giving my different perspectives at both of your suggestions, I must stress the need of posting/uploading 1 suggestion at the time, as said in the post ONE (1) SUGGESTION PER TOPIC PLEASE THANK YOU ! Mike has created recently. This was done to avoid confusion for the developers when moving topics to Accepted or Rejected child boards so that one topic doesn't have two suggestions accepted and one rejected, for example.

I would advise you to cut out the 2nd Suggestion you've posted below the first one, and post it in a completely new topic with a clear straightforward title like you had created for this first suggestion.

Nonetheless I will give you my two opinions on both of your suggestions.

1st Suggestion
+1 I like this idea. It saves a lot of time and clicks throughout all the menus it inevitably pops up. I would add letters and numbers representing garages and vehicles, respectively. For example a garage in Ocean Flats has 4 slots occupied with Infernus, NRG-500, Sultan and Faggio. We would assign the garage as "A" and Infernus 1, NRG 2... therefore if I wanted a Faggio spawned I'd just do "/callcar a4". If we do like "callcar a5" it would be shown an error stating "There is no garage/vehicle assigned to this combination."

2nd Suggestion
I don't know if all those SEVENTEEN things you stated in the video are suggestions or bug reports. Like...:
Number 1 — I think it's a suggestion because in places like Ganton (near B Dup's apartment), Missionary Hill and Easter Bay Chemicals they have considerably nearby "suitable roads" and in my opinion Mike didn't put spawn points of personal vehicles in those places even when they're considered suitable roads. But I'm not sure.
Number 2 — Sometimes your car doesn't want to stunt, this seems like a bug report waiting to be posted and tried by the testers to see if they can re-create the occurrence to issue a legit bug. Same thing applied to the oil spills before jumping, I'm not sure how they work and/of if this is considered a bug.
Number 3 — Same thing, you should try to re-create the incident and see if it's reoccurring.
Number 4 — Bug report.
Number 5 — I think the locker's "health" is supposed to refill once it's not being breached.
number 6 — This happens because the script captures the car being sunk but I think the script doesn't measure the time the car is standing in the soil again. The script is like "car + water? = destroyed". But I know where you're coming from, first time I experienced this stunt of dipping my car into the water and then landing on soil again, I was waiting for the car to resume its course, but I was bamboozled.
Number 7 — This happened before right in front of the Police Dpt. in Pershing Square; whenever I stood outside the precinct and called a car, sometimes it'd spawn under me (inside the PD's parking lot). Mike should have a look at the height of the player calling the private vehicle, so it equalizes the player's altitude.
Number 8 — Bug report. I have also experienced this issue, strongly believing it was due to a bad connection, but I'm not sure.
Number 9 — This happened to me today, surprisingly. Go again to the checkpoint (but inside a vehicle) and wait for the gas station menu to pop up and do "close" and it should go back to normal.
Number 10 — There are ATMs there. They were probably destroyed by other players.
Number 11 — Can't even comprehend what happened there.
Number 12 — Going back to what I have said about Mike assigning spawn places to private vehicles: he probably pointed in GTA:SA map the places the cars should spawn and probably didn't measure this wall thinking the road was a bit wider. Happens.
Number 13 — Post it on bug reports.
Number 14 — Fixable by posting in bug reports.
Number 15 — This is SA-MP overall, the online game where you have to drive in front of another vehicle to actually ram into it, called Lag Pit. The Banshee was affected by the explosion because it detonated nearby and moved it, although I strangely think it should move sideways, not forward...
Number 16 — Post it on bug reports.
Number 17 — Vendor is a fixed NPC, it's like a lamp post. Same applies to the red marker, it's scripted to be fixed in place. The hot-dog stand it's funny because it won't "stand".

These are my intakes on both of your suggestions, although the second one was more like a bug report list rather than an unique suggestion.

Please abide by the rule of posting one suggestion per topic, thank you.

Thank you for the revision, and I like how you expanded the 1st suggestion. However, you got me wrong at the 2nd one. If you read closely, I say 'Open my video at 7:03". There was absolutely no need for you to watch the whole video. Thanks. I already reported those bugs 3 days ago. It's just a more convenient way for me to report tons of bugs in one video instead of making multiple uploads, because it's basically a waste of time.

Yeah, my bad, next time, I'll make 1 suggestion at a time. Thanks!

Btw, maybe I should remove the 2nd suggestion from this list so the first could be approved or smth?

Offline Domingo

• Respect: +100/-79
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Domingo
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2020, 12:00:09 pm »
1st - +1 on this, but honestly not really needed atm.
2nd - +1

Offline ranja

• Respect: +106/-26
  • Ryder did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: ranja
  • Crew: WESTMOB
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2020, 02:37:19 pm »
Btw, maybe I should remove the 2nd suggestion from this list so the first could be approved or smth?

Yes it will be better for you to delete the second suggestion (on this topic). I wouldn't say delete it altogether, but rather cut/paste on a whole new suggestion thread. Just so that the first suggestion makes it into the Accepted section in case it happens (in which I think it can be beneficial, imo).

Offline Parzival

• Respect: +79/-101
    • View Profile
  • Crew: Crew
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2020, 08:16:19 am »
About the /callcar suggestion, nah I don't agree with it.

Think of it yourself, people will bind the command and then it will be too easy to call a car and escape from situations, like when you're running on foot with 3/4 cops running behind you, this will just be an advantage to get away without even stopping to open interaction menu, making things too easy just makes it worse.
xo

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2020, 08:33:32 am »
Not a direct command, but maybe ‘favourites’.
View trailers here.

Offline Hank_Montgomery

• Original Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2020, 04:49:34 pm »
About the /callcar suggestion, nah I don't agree with it.

Think of it yourself, people will bind the command and then it will be too easy to call a car and escape from situations, like when you're running on foot with 3/4 cops running behind you, this will just be an advantage to get away without even stopping to open interaction menu, making things too easy just makes it worse.

You forgot that cops can use this command too and try to catch you faster. I don't see any disadvantages here.