Author Topic: Jail and arresting is pointless right now...  (Read 2433 times)

Rated 9 times

Offline Solid

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +7/-9
  • Dua Lipa <3
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Solid
  • Discord name: Solid#3859
Jail and arresting is pointless right now...
« on: May 25, 2020, 04:52:55 pm »
« Last Rated on: December 03, 2020, 02:40:42 pm »
Hello!

I want to suggest making jail a bit more forceful, in the idea that most of the time you'll have to sit through it.

Currently there are 4 ways of getting out of jail:
1. Breaking out of it, by yourself or with the help of a friend.
2. Waiting out the sentence till it completely ends our paying the bail after time is done.
3. Offering a bribe to nearby officer.
4. A nearby officer offering you a bribe.

Now, I think the first way, breaking out is really balanced right now, I've tested it plenty of times and it can fail quite a lot which is logical, because it's a police departament, not your kindergarden playground.
The second way, waiting out the sentence is also pretty fair, If I'm not mistaking max was 4 minutes, which is plenty and the bail amount is also good, no issues there.

The third and fourth way is what I think is a bit bullshit right now for multiple reasons.
The bribing system right now is better then it was before, cops can only offer/accept X bribes in X minutes, which prevents a bit of the issue.
But we still have a lot of times where some newbie kebab (middle eastern player most of the time that can't speak English at all and breaks a lot of the servers rules), just goes to the prisons and finds out he gets a whole 500$ for doing 1 commands and then just sits there (even waiting through the cooldown) and accepts bribes and lets all those murderers, child rapists out...
A fix for that would be to limit bribing off to only like rank 5 and above cops, because you can kind of compare to real life, usually the recruits aren't the ones taking the bribes, they wan't to show that they are good cops, it's the old dogs that know the streets that accept bribes.

That brings me to the next issue. When you arrest a crew of members or in general a group of players one of their friends just goes to the police, goes on-duty, releases all his friends, goes back off-duty. I talked to M3E6 about this and he said it shouldn't be possible after the next update, but that was a while ago already, so obviously it didn't get added. Either make it a rule or just don't let them do it script-wise, because that obviously shouldn't be possible.

One other thing I'd like to mention here is the criminal delivering system. As most of you know, if you deliver a cuffed criminal with your car to the police departament you'll get a pay bonus! Which recently got increased, thanks to Mike. I think it would be also a bonus if you made it that criminals get 1 less minute of jail time if they don't fight back and let cops deliver them, so it would be a handshake from both sides.

So to sum it all up:
1. Make it so only Rank 5+ cops can take bribes, so newbies don't release murderers and farm cash.
2. Don't allow friends or crew members go on duty to release their friends and then pop back off-duty. Makes jail completely pointless if everyone just gets let out isntantly.
3. Reduce criminal sentence if they cooperate with cops and allow the cops to deliver them to the police departament.

Offline M3E6

• Respect: +52/-78
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: M3E6
  • Discord name: M3E6#5742
Re: Jail and arresting is pointless right now...
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 07:11:04 pm »
I didn't say it wouldn't be possible to bribe at all. I said there would be a cooldown. I believe  the cooldown is 5 minutes after 3 bribes currently, which I personally think needs to be nerfed to 1 bribe. Jail is useless right now so if we want it to stay like this might as well just do away with the arrest system and turn it into TDM.

Offline Solid

• Enforcer
  • Dua Lipa <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 07:28:15 pm »
I didn't say it wouldn't be possible to bribe at all. I said there would be a cooldown. I believe  the cooldown is 5 minutes after 3 bribes currently, which I personally think needs to be nerfed to 1 bribe. Jail is useless right now so if we want it to stay like this might as well just do away with the arrest system and turn it into TDM.

Ahh, then I maybe misunderstood you. But yes, jail right now is useless and people expect to get out in seconds after being jailed, since 500$ gives you a get out of jail card.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 08:11:16 am »
So to sum it all up:
1. Make it so only Rank 5+ cops can take bribes, so newbies don't release murderers and farm cash.
2. Don't allow friends or crew members go on duty to release their friends and then pop back off-duty. Makes jail completely pointless if everyone just gets let out isntantly.
3. Reduce criminal sentence if they cooperate with cops and allow the cops to deliver them to the police departament.
1. Yes. I was also thinking of making it reduce your rank by 1 if you accept too many bribes in a short amount of time (e.g. within a minute of each other), so the cop has to choose between money and rank, rather than it just being a win-win situation where the cops gets money and the criminals goes free.
2. There's two parts to this. Firstly there needs to be a cooldown when you change duty, of about 5 or 10 minutes, before you can change back. Secondly there needs to be a 10 minute or so wait from going on duty to being able to accept bribes.
3. This should already be a thing. It says 'cooperate with the cops for a shorter sentence and lower bail'. Perhaps it's bugged?

All around great suggestions, I'll implement them when I can. Thanks!

P.S. I also have some plans to make breaking out of jail a bit more fun and interactive (whether doing it solo or with another player), rather than just a random chance when you press a button. That's how I like things on MCNR, a little bit of interactivity. I'll keep it under wraps for now though in case it doesn't happen :P
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 08:13:19 am by Mike »
View trailers here.

Offline Flyburger

• MOST TOXIC PLAYER 2020
  • Respect: +105/-98
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Flyburger
  • Discord name: Flyburger#9706
  • Crew: KoS always in heart
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 08:15:43 am »
3. This should already be a thing. It says 'cooperate with the cops for a shorter sentence and lower bail'. Perhaps it's bugged?
Yeah but seems no one know about this and no one is doing this.

Offline Solid

• Enforcer
  • Dua Lipa <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2020, 09:05:45 am »
1. Yes. I was also thinking of making it reduce your rank by 1 if you accept too many bribes in a short amount of time (e.g. within a minute of each other), so the cop has to choose between money and rank, rather than it just being a win-win situation where the cops gets money and the criminals goes free.

Well one thing is for sure, don't allow new kids just to spam bribes all day. So it's awesome that you're looking in to it.

Offline Sasino97

• Respect: +44/-6
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [B]Sasino
  • Discord name: Sasino#7205
  • Crew: BloodZ &amp; SASP
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2020, 12:13:05 am »
But we still have a lot of times where some newbie kebab (middle eastern player most of the time that can't speak English at all and breaks a lot of the servers rules) ...

Was that racist note even necessary in a formal suggestion thread?

#FreeCuba

Offline DepressedKid

• Street Soldier
  • Respect: +4/-3
  • Jizzzz
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: DepressedKid
  • Discord name: depkid#2802
  • Crew: 59
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2020, 09:58:28 pm »
best suggestion

[P]atchy[MAIN]

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2020, 04:34:34 am »
+1 But why cops always press N double after cuffed? Yesterday I surrendered to a cop without killing anyone but why they always do that?

Make a thing to reduce the quick arrest chances I know its their choice but we always get quick arrest and sentence is large.

Offline Sasino97

• Respect: +44/-6
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [B]Sasino
  • Discord name: Sasino#7205
  • Crew: BloodZ &amp; SASP
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2020, 07:01:50 pm »
+1 But why cops always press N double after cuffed? Yesterday I surrendered to a cop without killing anyone but why they always do that?

Make a thing to reduce the quick arrest chances I know its their choice but we always get quick arrest and sentence is large.

It depends on the circumstances.

Basically, I only transport a suspect to jail if all those conditions are met:
  • the PD or Sheriff is close enough.
  • there are no other suspects to arrest in the area
  • you didn't flee or resist arrest
  • you didn't use any weapon

Thus, it only happens 5% of the time.

#FreeCuba