Author Topic: Feature preview: Police station weapon locker  (Read 4111 times)

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
Feature preview: Police station weapon locker
« on: May 18, 2020, 03:08:04 am »
Here's a look at a new feature that will be coming in the next update: you'll finally be able to claim your guns back after jail!

I played on the server (with an undercover account) for a few hours earlier to assess some things, and I found it extremely annoying that you lose all your weapons when you're jailed. I’m surprised I haven’t seen more people asking for this to be added!

NOTE: This system is subject to change. I will likely be limiting the amount of ammo you can get back or something. Getting 100% everything back is a bit too much.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 03:19:12 am by Mike »
View trailers here.

Offline Elvis

• Street Soldier
  • Respect: +20/-19
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Elvis
  • Discord name: ElVIS#7099
  • Crew: [oG]
Re: Feature preview: Police station weapon locker
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 04:38:08 am »
Wow Relly Nice Good Job @Mike

Its veryy Nice see this next update :)

Offline YellowFlash

• Respect: +21/-15
  • Classic Man
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: YellowFlash
  • Discord name: Abzjor#2830
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 06:19:01 am »
I agree it's annoying that when you get jailed your guns that you bought are gone, but if you can earn them back, I feel like you should pay a small fee just like a impound vehicle. doesn't have to be a exessive amount, but enough to reclaim the confiscated weapons, and like you said with less ammo for the guns.

Other than that, looking forward to the update :D

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2020, 07:51:58 am »
I agree it's annoying that when you get jailed your guns that you bought are gone, but if you can earn them back, I feel like you should pay a small fee just like a impound vehicle. doesn't have to be a exessive amount, but enough to reclaim the confiscated weapons, and like you said with less ammo for the guns.

Other than that, looking forward to the update :D
Well my idea was that you’re stealing them back. If you have to pay for them you might as well go buy more unless it’s really cheap in which case there’s no point.
View trailers here.

Offline legend

• legend himself
  • Original Gangster
  • Respect: +145/-185
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: saz.1337
  • Discord name: MLGERROR#8473
  • Crew: 1337WESTMOB
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2020, 10:15:39 am »
Will be nice if implemented, but theres one big if.
1st,  civils will be no longer be afraid to get jailed, cause they just gonna steal them back, or buy them back cheap, that means, huge weapon hoarding will occur.
2nd, money will be useless according for weapons then, only cars/houses.
3rd, cops had before the weapon advantage (not losing them on death), because their pay is not that high, civils lose them on death/arrested, but earn cash easier.

There must be something that would affect money negatively if that will be implemented, which probs is soon.

- Like bail increasement depending on your crimes, medical fee, life insurance or something like that.
- You can buy the weapons back with half of the price you got them for.
- Lockpick the locker, immiediately granting you LVL 6 wanted.
- As you stated, limitting the ammo you can get back, or just the weapons, so you can buy new ammo yourself.
- Getting arrested 2nd-3rd time with same guns, will get them destroyed.

We all appreciate your effort you put in the server @Mike .

« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 10:23:21 am by saz »

Offline Evocator

• Respect: +1/-1
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Evocator
  • Discord name: Evocator#0001
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2020, 09:33:03 pm »
Nice feature but it will break the server. People will no longer care if they go to jail or not since they have nothing to lose anymore. Main investments go towards buying weapons, now it is impossible to lose them. Too many restrictions need to apply IMO. I would suggest:
- People arrested with a wanted level above a threshold (or based on previous crimes) can not retrieve weapons
- People jailed 2x within a game week cannot retrieve weapons
- Always getting half ammo player had upon arrest

Offline GtaFreak

• Respect: +38/-6
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: GtaFreak
  • Discord name: GtaFreak#4193
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2020, 05:47:23 am »
I think criminals should only buy the ammo they need, if they end up in jail and lose their remaining ammo. Bad luck.

Don't buy so much ammo that you have to be upset about losing it when you get arrested lmao.

By all means, put the feature in if you like, just understand that this mainly benefits career criminals and gangs who DM and barely anyone else.

Like you said yourself, you're surprised more people haven't asked for this, guess cause it's a bit OP and we already know better.

But if you're going to implement it, the ideas above me are a good indicator on how to go about it.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2020, 12:55:13 am »
This will be implemented in 1.8.2 with a 1-star wanted level, a high fine (3k), you'll only get 2 clips of ammo back, and it won't save your weapons if you get arrested inside a police station.

I will look into balancing this further in the future if need be, such as you don't claim them back on your second arrest in a short period of time, or something.

I've also made it so you have to break into the locker just like you break into cars, so it's not just instant.
View trailers here.

Offline Mazen

• Banned
  • Respect: +17/-4
  • BomBom
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mazen
  • Discord name: Mazen#0957
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2020, 02:09:35 am »
that will made cops camp there to catch wanteds or ticket players

Offline Dudesdog

• Smoke Weed Everyday
  • Respect: +129/-12
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Dudesdog
  • Discord name: Dudesdog#6216
  • Crew: 77 - Continental Crew
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2020, 03:11:49 am »
that will made cops camp there to catch wanteds or ticket players

I have to agree with this.. I really love the idea, but by making a wanted level... police will camp in PD to get a ticket / arrest.. They already do this for bribing in the vaults.

Overall, I give this a +1, but be weary that police will most likely wait around for criminals to get their weapons back.. maybe make a timer before they can be arrested/ticketed? This gives them time to get away.

Great work!

Offline Flyburger

• MOST TOXIC PLAYER 2020
  • Respect: +105/-98
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Flyburger
  • Discord name: Flyburger#9706
  • Crew: KoS always in heart
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2020, 04:43:41 am »
I have to agree with this.. I really love the idea, but by making a wanted level... police will camp in PD to get a ticket / arrest.. They already do this for bribing in the vaults.

Overall, I give this a +1, but be weary that police will most likely wait around for criminals to get their weapons back.. maybe make a timer before they can be arrested/ticketed? This gives them time to get away.

Great work!
yeah me too,they will just camp like how they used to in cells to bribe. I have a suggestion that "might be" a better way,and that is.

You pay double money and retrieve half ammo back.you have a cool down for 10minutes so that they can't retrieve weapons and start killing again.

I'm really don't like how you will get wanted level from stealing it,since it's a spawn place for cops ,and if you retrieve weapons and got wanted level,they will come after you. What's that? Ohhh you will need to shoot them, and then it can be abused by someone else to start rampage in PD as they claimed " I stole my weapon back and they wanted to arrest me,that was self defense"

Online puuro

• Best MCNR YouTuber 2023
  • Respect: +48/-82
  • Wu-Tang forever
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: aleksibob
  • Discord name: puuuro
  • Crew: Wu-Tang Clan
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2020, 05:00:27 am »
This will be implemented in 1.8.2 with a 1-star wanted level, a high fine (3k), you'll only get 2 clips of ammo back, and it won't save your weapons if you get arrested inside a police station.

I will look into balancing this further in the future if need be, such as you don't claim them back on your second arrest in a short period of time, or something.

I've also made it so you have to break into the locker just like you break into cars, so it's not just instant.

to be honest, this doesnt really encourage cops to camp since there is not much of a point to steal them since you are only getting 2 clips of ammo, and you can buy guns with 3 k anyway.

Offline howl

• Original Gangster
  • Respect: +110/-183
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2020, 05:57:35 am »
yeah me too,they will just camp like how they used to in cells to bribe. I have a suggestion that "might be" a better way,and that is.

You pay double money and retrieve half ammo back.you have a cool down for 10minutes so that they can't retrieve weapons and start killing again.

I'm really don't like how you will get wanted level from stealing it,since it's a spawn place for cops ,and if you retrieve weapons and got wanted level,they will come after you. What's that? Ohhh you will need to shoot them, and then it can be abused by someone else to start rampage in PD as they claimed " I stole my weapon back and they wanted to arrest me,that was self defense"

clip just showed you that he get 1 level of wanted, instead of arrestable.

which is pretty fine in general

Offline Solid

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +7/-9
  • Dua Lipa <3
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Solid
  • Discord name: Solid#3859
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2020, 09:28:38 am »
Idea is pretty fine, but as mentioned before civs won't care anymore if they get arrested.

Right now already most people don't give a shit if they get arrested. One of their friends just switches to a cop and lets them out really quickly and goes back off-duty, or just pay some random cop who doesn't even know English 500$ and you're out.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2020, 10:42:25 am »
Idea is pretty fine, but as mentioned before civs won't care anymore if they get arrested.

Right now already most people don't give a shit if they get arrested. One of their friends just switches to a cop and lets them out really quickly and goes back off-duty, or just pay some random cop who doesn't even know English 500$ and you're out.
You only get 2 clips of ammo back.

I may consider making it a charge to get your weapons back, but the idea I like most is stealing them. Otherwise the locker idea is pointless and it might as well just be an option at the reception desk, which is boring. The locker is cool :(

I'm not going to add a charge for the locker weapons, because it doesn't make sense breaking into a locker to then pay for the guns.. The idea is you get a 1-star wanted level and have to pay your ticket - that's the fine. I'll probably have to add an 'anti-camping' system where cops that have been inside the PD too much won't get any score/pay from ticketing suspects or something.

One restriction I'm considering is not allowing players to get their weapons back if they commit serious crimes e.g. murder.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.
View trailers here.

Offline legend

• legend himself
  • Original Gangster
  • Respect: +145/-185
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: saz.1337
  • Discord name: MLGERROR#8473
  • Crew: 1337WESTMOB
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2020, 11:55:56 am »
One restriction I'm considering is not allowing players to get their weapons back if they commit serious crimes e.g. murder.

thats a bruh moment

Offline chuppy

• Respect: +27/-42
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: chuppy
  • Discord name: chuppy#1337
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2020, 11:43:52 pm »
As someone said before, what's the point of arresting someone if they can get back everything they lost. Death costs like $500, bribing your friend / escaping removes the "punishment" time, your vehicle is teleported to you with just a few clicks, and now you can even get your weapons back.

I'd rather see the 'weapon locker' as a spot you can rob and get/steal weapons from..not the ones you lost but the ones that are stored in PD and belong to the cops. However it should give you the same wanted level as a bank robbery, and it should be just as "difficult" to crack the lock.

edit: maybe not an instant MW and the super complicated code as the bank, but being arrestable and doing some sort of cracking seems better than making it unlock that easly and get away with only a ticket.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 11:51:42 pm by chuppy »

Offline Solid

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +7/-9
  • Dua Lipa <3
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Solid
  • Discord name: Solid#3859
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2020, 06:20:41 am »
Bank is:
1. Further from cops
2. You can do way more with the money from bank in terms of buying weapons then stealing weapons directly from pd.
3. And the pd weps not always will be the ones you'll want.

Offline GtaFreak

• Respect: +38/-6
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: GtaFreak
  • Discord name: GtaFreak#4193
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2020, 07:54:25 am »

Good idea! I can agree with that.

Offline chuppy

• Respect: +27/-42
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: chuppy
  • Discord name: chuppy#1337
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2020, 09:56:22 am »
Bank is:
1. Further from cops
2. You can do way more with the money from bank in terms of buying weapons then stealing weapons directly from pd.
3. And the pd weps not always will be the ones you'll want.
True, but it's better than being unarmed when you /escape from your cell. Instead of trying to drive away you would then be able to fight your way through to safety.. That's pretty much the only useful scenario. Guns are super cheap and in any other case you'd just buy it from ammunation. That's also one of the reasons we don't really need the OP's kind if locker imo.