Author Topic: Police pay is terrible! Let's change that!  (Read 1682 times)

Not rated

Offline Solid

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +7/-9
  • Dua Lipa <3
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Solid
  • Discord name: Solid#3859
Police pay is terrible! Let's change that!
« on: May 09, 2020, 04:20:34 pm »
Hello, ladies and gents.

Today I want to talk about the police pay. By the word "pay" I mean anything and everything that makes a player money for being specifically a cop. The post will focus directly on comparing how much money players who play more of the cop job make, compared to criminals, how much they make in various ways. And all of this is compared as you were to be max rank, that is level 100 and rank 10 cop.

So, first of all, I do not have a list of all the actions a cop specifically can make to earn money and how much money they make for each action, if someone can provide that, would be great!

I did a test over this week. Every day, during prime-time (the time when there are the most players on), I went on the cop job and played in 2 different ways.

Method 1:
- I geared my character out from the cop store with various weapons that I'd need in fight and chases, bought armor, medkit all that good stuff.
- Used a police car. That is normal cruiser and sometimes the fast cars, like Infernus, Bullet etc.
- Chased any and all criminals that were yellow or higher.
- All oranges/reds I tried to deliver to pd, if they resisted, arrested them without the bonus.
- Tried to stop as many bank robberies etc. as I could.

Method 2:
Because the /bribe is completely dumb right now, you can just get bribed all day long without any cooldown or punishment.
- So I just sat at the police departament near the cells and just offered bribes and took bribes. I didn't only take $500 bribes, but also asked for 1'000 and sometimes even 2'000, mostly to players that I know can afford w/o issues.
- Watched Netflix in the process  8)

So, I'll remind you that I did this for 5 days, both methods.
I pulled average stats across the 5 days.

Method 1:
- 1 hour  :: ~$15'000

Method 2:

- 1 hour  :: ~$40'000

So, that's the information I gathered. Doing your work, pays terribly. Only accepting bribes and half-afking in the pd awarded me with 40k per 1 hour of afking.

I want to also do criminal comparison to cop, but logically, you can rob the bank 1 time per day and get like 14-20k every time you rob it, so in 1 hour you should be able to do it 3 times, so 45-60k. I don't remember the times, since I haven't played that seriously in a long while. Also as a criminal you can go get safes, rob stores, etc.

One thing you should take in to account is that I was lucky with my measurings, because all the time I measured, there was a decent amount of cops online, so it was easier to capture criminals and also bribe them in prison. If there are too many cops, Method 2 will be really bad or won't work at all, but if there is a shit ton of criminals, you won't be able to do Method 1, because you'll just get killed over and over again.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
Re: Police pay is terrible! Let's change that!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 02:12:17 pm »
I agree that payday needs to be higher, and this is done in next update - $8 per XP changed to $12 per XP. Other jobs will get a similar increase.

I also agree that cops sitting at the cells constantly taking bribes needs to be prevented.

Possible ideas:
- Time limit between bribes (e.g. 3 minutes until you can accept another bribe)
OR
- Can accept X bribes in Y minutes (e.g. can accept 2 bribes every 5 minutes).
OR
- Bribes reduce your rank, multiple bribes reset it to 1

Or perhaps a combination.

The maximum bribe amount will be reduced from $50k to $10k next update, too. $50 is a lot of money for pressing a button.
View trailers here.

Offline Solid

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +7/-9
  • Dua Lipa <3
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Solid
  • Discord name: Solid#3859
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 06:45:10 pm »
The payday increase will hopefully help a bit, but can you possibly make it a bit more frequent or carry over even if you dc during your play time?
I'm not sure if this is the case, but I do remember playing quite a bit and then losing my progress due to things like internet dc'ing for 10-20 secs and being kicked.

Regarding the bribes, I think you should make it X bribes in Y minutes, but make it around 1-2 bribes every 5 mins. Bribing is a serious charge on a cop if he/she were to get caught, thus shouldn't be done frequently. On top of that, if you were to take X bribes in Y minutes it would also reduce your rank by 1 position, so if you're 10, it would go to 9, if you're 5, it would go to 4, but not reset to 1, that would be a huge pain.
Bribes are also kind of lame in their design, because $500 is literally nothing on one side, but on another it maybe half of what a player has when they join the server and get thrown in the jail instantly.

Offline Jurmaize

• Busta
  • Respect: +3/-0
  • Buster
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Jurmaize
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 07:38:00 pm »
Going in strong about X bribes un Y minutes !

+1

Offline [V]eteran950

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +9/-21
  • ??? I DON'T HAVE THE MONEY SONNY ???
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [V]eteran950
  • Discord name: Ayan Chanda #9370
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2020, 06:30:05 am »
What!! 50K!!!! maximum OMG!!! It's TOO MUCH!!!  10k is best
Subscribe my youtube channel "VETERAN 950"

Offline legend

• legend himself
  • Original Gangster
  • Respect: +145/-185
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: saz.1337
  • Discord name: MLGERROR#8473
  • Crew: 1337WESTMOB
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2020, 06:41:48 am »
Rank reset will be too harsh, Cause you need 5k XP to reach rank 10.
Id stick the other methods.
I'd suggest 1 bribe per minute.

Offline UnforgiveN

• Respect: +49/-14
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: UnforgiveN
  • Crew: 36 Boys
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2020, 03:23:47 pm »
1 bribe per min +1
logo" border="0