Author Topic: Revenges on cops  (Read 3228 times)

Offline 51ck51ck

• Respect: +12/-28
  • I'm a crazy mfking retard
    • View Profile
  • Crew: Wu-Tang
Revenges on cops
« on: May 01, 2020, 04:31:20 pm »
Hi, i'm here to ask a review to prevent people being able to take their revenge on cops. There is a disadvantage between cops and civs, cops can't camp bank, civs can camp bank and even turn around it to avoid arrests, so if civs are able to take their revenges on cops, they are a little bit more disadvantaged, because not only will they have difficulty arresting (because all the suspects are close to bank) but they will also have to watch out for possible revenges by innocents guys, so what you think about making revenges on cops possible just for valid reasons ? Like killing unarmed or arresting people with moneybag / stolen safes ? It will be a little bit more fair for cops being able to play without issues.

If you don't like this suggestion, at least i'm asking to prevent suspects camping bank without a reason (so if someone chasing them or camping without robbing it), if cops can't camp bank to chase suspects and avoid crimes, why suspects can camp bank to avoid arrest ?

There are many people playing alone because they can't deal with groups, few things doesn't allow them to play alone because you will be always outnumbered for everything, okay their fault, but at least making things balanced for both.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 05:01:33 pm by p4bl0 »

Offline Evocator

• Respect: +1/-1
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Evocator
  • Discord name: Evocator#0001
Re: Revenges on cops
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 06:28:19 pm »
Agreed

Offline GtaFreak

• Respect: +38/-6
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: GtaFreak
  • Discord name: GtaFreak#4193
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 06:40:33 pm »
just put something inside the bank interior, if you are a suspect, after 2 minutes, you start to lose -5HP every 5 seconds, if you don't come out in time (i.e camp) you will slowly die.

Offline 51ck51ck

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 06:47:56 pm »
just put something inside the bank interior, if you are a suspect, after 2 minutes, you start to lose -5HP every 5 seconds, if you don't come out in time (i.e camp) you will slowly die.

cool thing, but i don't pretend to add things to avoid civs camping bank, if they want to camp, let them, cops will make a better team to chase suspects in bank, i'm asking just for valid reasons to take a revenge on a cop nothing else, if no one like this thing, at least making something to prevent civs camping bank and abusing it to avoid arrests (same for cops, they can't camp police department if they have a bribe).
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 11:52:06 pm by p4bl0 »

Offline howl

• Original Gangster
  • Respect: +110/-183
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 10:52:30 pm »
the server itself is still missing some features at some point, what would you do in the spare time while bank is locked, if you're a warrant?

half the server usually camp the bank, because they have nothing else to do, so they just wait for the bank to be unlocked, and quickly rob it again

they're not doing it to keep the cops away.

Offline 51ck51ck

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2020, 11:43:21 pm »
the server itself is still missing some features at some point, what would you do in the spare time while bank is locked, if you're a warrant?

half the server usually camp the bank, because they have nothing else to do, so they just wait for the bank to be unlocked, and quickly rob it again

they're not doing it to keep the cops away.

The point of this suggestion is to prevent people revenges on cops without valid reasons, i added the bank thing just as an example, i agree, maybe sometimes they don't know what to do until the bank opens, but the most of them camping there just to avoid arrest, trust me, they can rob something else or fish but they still camping, even suspects being chased always turn bank around   to avoid arrest. If we consider people in bank and innocents near bank which have reasons to revenge on a cop and if more than someone take his revenge, it's really hard to arrest someone. Anyway cops can't camp around bank, and i thought, to get things a little bit more balanced, don't let people revenge on them, or if you want to keep it, just prevent suspects camping bank the whole day (without robbing it or to escape cops).

I think there are enough features and enough rules, just little revisions to make it smooth and fair for everyone.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 11:49:45 pm by p4bl0 »

Offline parisisnthuman

• Baller
  • Respect: +16/-59
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Loli
  • Crew: Kensho
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2020, 06:15:50 am »
i dont get the general idea of this suggestion , there are rules on killing cops. you cant just start shooting a cop as a civ youll end up with jail time and infraction. the limit of wanted stars to shoot cops was 2 but apparently mike decided to lower it to 1 star (which is less fair). and it isnt camping when you follow a criminal to bank and there are civs there waiting to rob the bank. its their problem not yours youre just doing your job. if im looking at this suggestion the wrong way explain the full thing either in here or ingame to me. thanks.
[T]ransgenders apply here!

Offline 51ck51ck

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2020, 12:43:01 pm »
i dont get the general idea of this suggestion , there are rules on killing cops. you cant just start shooting a cop as a civ youll end up with jail time and infraction. the limit of wanted stars to shoot cops was 2 but apparently mike decided to lower it to 1 star (which is less fair). and it isnt camping when you follow a criminal to bank and there are civs there waiting to rob the bank. its their problem not yours youre just doing your job. if im looking at this suggestion the wrong way explain the full thing either in here or ingame to me. thanks.

People can defend their friends even if they are innocents and the problem isn't following someone in bank to arrest him, just people abusing bank (everytime) to avoid arrest. I always chase suspects running in bank (and sometimes they wasn't even close) and it's weird being killed by 10 people just because you was chasing another guy (maybe you chased him around the whole map, and finally he got bank and you died), sometimes most of them are innocents or yellow and they shoot you without a reason (if you consider i was chasing another guy and he wasn't even friend of suspects camping bank).

Anyway it isn't a suggestion to bring more deathmatch rules, i made it just to prevent revenges on cops without a valid reason, as i said civs have already many ways to kill a cop, at least they shouldn't be able to avenge cops for a normal arrest. Maybe i had to avoid this thing about bank, it brings just confusion.

Offline RoboKill

• Ass of the month - All year
  • Respect: +57/-10
  • Sweaty bank hacks <3
    • View Profile
  • Discord name: RoboKill#7970
  • Crew: Killed on Sight
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2020, 03:33:58 pm »
There are many people playing alone because they can't deal with groups, few things doesn't allow them to play alone because you will be always outnumbered for everything, okay their fault, but at least making things balanced for both.
This is just how the game is, sometimes criminals outnumber cops and sometimes the opposite. This is not going to be changed as people should have a free will to play with however they want to.

The point of this suggestion is to prevent people revenges on cops without valid reasons
It seems like you kind of have a question in this rather than a suggestion.
I am not sure why this is not known by most players, but revenging a cop is not allowed whether you are an innocent or wanted, if you're wanted your reason of killing a cop is because the cop is trying to catch you. A cop is doing his job and catching criminals, it's not fair if he gets shot at later by an innocent for just doing his job right?

People can defend their friends even if they are innocents and the problem isn't following someone in bank to arrest him, just people abusing bank (everytime) to avoid arrest. I always chase suspects running in bank (and sometimes they wasn't even close) and it's weird being killed by 10 people just because you was chasing another guy (maybe you chased him around the whole map, and finally he got bank and you died), sometimes most of them are innocents or yellow and they shoot you without a reason (if you consider i was chasing another guy and he wasn't even friend of suspects camping bank).

Anyway it isn't a suggestion to bring more deathmatch rules, i made it just to prevent revenges on cops without a valid reason, as i said civs have already many ways to kill a cop, at least they shouldn't be able to avenge cops for a normal arrest. Maybe i had to avoid this thing about bank, it brings just confusion.
Indeed, people can defend their wanted friends that are currently with them from cops if they are innocent. But, it's not like a wanted can run inside the bank or any other place and have any other innocent shoot the cop just to defend a random wanted out of nowhere. This is not allowed, an admin should take a look at this and punish the person depending on how the situation went. If possible as the situation may get complicated, the cop can take a video recording following the deathmatch complaints guide on how to gather evidence and report it on the forum if it happened too fast and the admin couldn't see what exactly happened.

Hopefully I answered your question, if I missed something or you're still confused with the rule ask about it.

Edit: Moved topic to General Discussion and Help.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 03:43:43 pm by RoboKill »

Offline 51ck51ck

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2020, 02:57:47 am »
Oh god, you solved most of my questions about gameplay with your answer, you understood me and my questions, so the only thing i can say, is thank. Anyway i will avoid wasting my time reporting people running inside bank to claim help from others and avoid arrest. Thank you again man, i can enjoy my duty in peace now.

Offline chuppy

• Respect: +27/-42
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: chuppy
  • Discord name: chuppy#1337
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2020, 11:35:28 am »
I am not sure why this is not known by most players, but revenging a cop is not allowed whether you are an innocent or wanted, if you're wanted your reason of killing a cop is because the cop is trying to catch you. A cop is doing his job and catching criminals, it's not fair if he gets shot at later by an innocent for just doing his job right?

Makes no sense to me. You got arrested, you lost the weapons therefore cash, you lost your car, you lost few minutes of your time. That's more than enough reason to kill someone / take revenge on someone, right? It doesn't matter if it's his job, he's hurting players so they should be free to seek revenge.

Killing players (players who didn't harm you) because your name tag is orange/red is fine, but killing players who actually hurt you is not? Sorry, but your logic makes no sense.

If there's anything that needs changing it's the players killing cops without having a good reason; again, colours shouldn't be reasons to kill someone. If he didn't harm you, if he didn't show any kind of intention of harming you, you don't really have a legitimate reason to kill him. He's a threat just as much as any other player (civilian) standing next to you who may or may NOT rob you - who you can't kill before he does something, right? It's unfair that cops don't get treated the same way because not every cop wants to kill you, some just want to go around collecting tikis or whatever.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 11:44:55 am by chuppy »

Offline chuppy

• Respect: +27/-42
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: chuppy
  • Discord name: chuppy#1337
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2020, 03:16:03 pm »
When was this changed? You may wanna make a topic to warn players, instead of changing rules in the dark. I find it hard to believe that this is true tbh, considering there are a lot of petty reasons you can kill someone for and this one is definitely one of the -more serious- ones.

Also just a nerdy fyi, RDM isn't really a term you should use. Deathmatch already implies the kill was random aka made without a legitimate reason. So you're basically calling it "random random killing" which most people can't really take seriously.

Offline 51ck51ck

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2020, 04:52:08 pm »
Makes no sense to me. You got arrested, you lost the weapons therefore cash, you lost your car, you lost few minutes of your time. That's more than enough reason to kill someone / take revenge on someone, right? It doesn't matter if it's his job, he's hurting players so they should be free to seek revenge.

Killing players (players who didn't harm you) because your name tag is orange/red is fine, but killing players who actually hurt you is not? Sorry, but your logic makes no sense.

If there's anything that needs changing it's the players killing cops without having a good reason; again, colours shouldn't be reasons to kill someone. If he didn't harm you, if he didn't show any kind of intention of harming you, you don't really have a legitimate reason to kill him. He's a threat just as much as any other player (civilian) standing next to you who may or may NOT rob you - who you can't kill before he does something, right? It's unfair that cops don't get treated the same way because not every cop wants to kill you, some just want to go around collecting tikis or whatever.

Wasn't you the guy who told me cops already fucked up here ? revenge on cops aren't fair, people can kill them just for a ticket and anyway the 70% percent of suspects always in bank or near bank, so cops can't do much things most of times.

Offline M3E6

• Respect: +52/-78
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: M3E6
  • Discord name: M3E6#5742
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2020, 05:11:50 pm »
Mike's ruled on this now. Cops that do anything to criminals in any way can be attacked or killed for revenge.