Author Topic: suggestion towards cuffing system  (Read 1583 times)

Not rated

Offline flareondash

• Busta
  • Respect: +1/-0
  • Buster
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: flareondash
suggestion towards cuffing system
« on: April 30, 2020, 06:31:26 pm »
Hello, I would like to suggest changing the cuff system for cops. It is cool how you have made the animation but being able to do it while only standing behind someone and the taser has a god awful range making you vulnerable to the sawed-off to uzi nuke (it is also hard when a wanted starts hopping because there ain't no rule against that you are pretty much forced to call someone to come help you). I suggest making it being able to cuff someone while you are near him, like some timer of 3-4-5 seconds of being near him and you cuff him that way wanted people will have to be more aware and actually run from cops instead of making a dm arena.

Offline Flyburger

• MOST TOXIC PLAYER 2020
  • Respect: +105/-98
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Flyburger
  • Discord name: Flyburger#9706
  • Crew: KoS always in heart
Re: suggestion towards cuffing system
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 09:39:17 pm »
It sounds nice for.me as a cop,but I don't like it as a criminal,overall I would just say this isn't neccessry. Current cuffing system is fine for me and I never had a problem with it,try to get some cops with you then this wouldn't be a big problem.

Offline Evocator

• Respect: +1/-1
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Evocator
  • Discord name: Evocator#0001
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2020, 10:09:49 pm »
I don't support the idea 100% but something definitely needs to be changed with the current extreme realistic cuffing / arrest system.

Offline flareondash

• Busta
  • Buster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2020, 10:43:41 pm »
with friends, it is better for sure but I don't wish to rely only on friends all the time and the problems is rarely if not at all anyone response to the /bk command at least make it possible to cuff all around the player don't really see a problem of being able to cuff someone in front or on the sides (especially while tased)

Offline Flyburger

• MOST TOXIC PLAYER 2020
  • Respect: +105/-98
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Flyburger
  • Discord name: Flyburger#9706
  • Crew: KoS always in heart
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2020, 10:54:37 pm »
Okay then tell me how criminal gonna fight cops if cops just run around criminal to get them auto cuffed by this system? It's pretty simple and I see this can be abused, imagine I'm against a pro criminal , I'll just run around him ,dodging all the bullets and let him got cuffed by this system automatically as I'm close to him. From your recent suggestion I knew that you like being a cop,but sometimes you gotta think of both side,it would be too overpowered if everything is one-sided.

Offline flareondash

• Busta
  • Buster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2020, 02:46:05 am »
that is why I said adding a timer (so the criminal can run away from cuff range so the cop can start chasing him again to get in range cops chasing robbers like the original idea of "cnr" is saposta be not the other way around like it is happening in the server).  That way a robber will have to think how to manuvar/trick a cop chasing him to a near by vehicle as an example or till his own car spawns to other robbers in hopes of helping him or call for assistance from friends in the same way a cop can call for assistance so the robber doesn't escape.  The thing happening atm is people running around in circles with saweed-off or uzis calling each other noobs for something based 50% on luck with the ocassional car parks when you get bored that is a DM mode not a "cnr"
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 03:31:36 am by flareondash »

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2020, 09:54:59 am »
I don't support the idea 100% but something definitely needs to be changed with the current extreme realistic cuffing / arrest system.
There's only so much I can do with this game.

In real life, the cops tackle you to the ground and restrain you and cuff you. Obviously this isn't possible in SA-MP, so the tackle/restraint is done by the tazer and cuffing.

You can break out of cuffs, cops can't cuff you if they were recently attacked (5) seconds, and they literally have to be stood inside you to cuff you. The tazer doesn't have a long range at all. I think it's perfectly balanced.
View trailers here.