Author Topic: Killing with the silenced pistol doesn't give you stars unless they see you  (Read 1500 times)

Not rated

Offline LinkOscuro457

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +1/-5
  • Arriba España
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: LinkOscuro457
  • Discord name: Link Oscuro457
Hello, I had thought to suggest that as the pistol with a silencer does very little damage in that it has a special function such as if you kill someone with this pistol that they do not put stars and do not appear in the chat that you have killed someone unless that someone else see you kill and that it only appears that you killed someone to the administrators.
Arriba España

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
This is a cool idea. There's currently no point in using the silenced pistol over the colt 45 but this would give it an advantage which I like. I definitely think not showing the 'x killed y' message is a good idea and very easy to implement. I'm not really sure removing the wanted level from it is wise though. What would the criteria be for getting a wanted level? How am I supposed to 'detect' if the victim can 'see' you?

EDIT:
Turns out the silenced pistol already has an advantage I just noticed..

The distance from a player you have to be for the 'Shooting in public' crime is reduced from 150m to 40m.
I'll reduce it to 30 and remove the killfeed for now. I'll leave the wanted stars though.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 03:38:46 pm by Mike »
View trailers here.

Offline LinkOscuro457

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +1/-5
  • Arriba España
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: LinkOscuro457
  • Discord name: Link Oscuro457
This is a cool idea. There's currently no point in using the silenced pistol over the colt 45 but this would give it an advantage which I like. I definitely think not showing the 'x killed y' message is a good idea and very easy to implement. I'm not really sure removing the wanted level from it is wise though. What would the criteria be for getting a wanted level? How am I supposed to 'detect' if the victim can 'see' you?

EDIT:
Turns out the silenced pistol already has an advantage I just noticed..

The distance from a player you have to be for the 'Shooting in public' crime is reduced from 150m to 40m.
I'll reduce it to 30 and remove the killfeed for now. I'll leave the wanted stars though.
I think it's great so at least we will have a reason to use it
Arriba España

Offline AllyLily

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +4/-2
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: LoneTraveler
  • Discord name: AlliedTalks
What would the criteria be for getting a wanted level?

It could still give you WL, but after a while, giving you a chance to escape before any fuss happens?