Author Topic: Remove chainsaws, sawn-offs and skins with rollerblades  (Read 3287 times)

Not rated

Offline Jager90

• Busta
  • Respect: +1/-1
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Jager90
Remove chainsaws, sawn-offs and skins with rollerblades
« on: March 23, 2020, 08:15:26 am »
After playing a while after a long break here I noticed several things: there's imbalanced stuff and some people tend to just go along with it and abuse it, and those who abuse it get an advantage, while others have a choice: get on the train of abusing things or suffer eternally because of their unwillingness to just exploit things for the sake of effectiveness. There's no way to fix 'em, so I just suggest removing this things and here's why if you don't understand or maybe you haven't exeprienced it yourself yet.

1. Chainsaws: If your opponent has this - you're dead. it's just impossible to survive in close quarters when your opponent has this and there're no countermeasures(it's impossible to block or evade this, if you was attacked by this one time - well, you're stuck only to be sawn to death), so why won't everyone just use it? (I think at some point it will definetely happen)
2. Sawn-offs:  If your opponent has this - you're dead(x2). The lamest weapon. You are at the same time moving fast and deliviring deadly blows while weilding it. There's no point in using other weapons(like Tec-9/Micro UZI/SMG/other shotguns/DEagle) than sawn-offs at a close range. Many people are already exploting this, leaving other no chance in a shootout and making them use that too, thereby killing the diversity of options regarding different weapons.
3. Skins with rollerblades: self-explanatory, they are moving MUCH faster than any other skin in game and that's just you know a "fair" advantage of players using it especially against cops, who just don't have any analogue of such skins.

Yeah, you've read the title right and I think most of those reading this know well the things I'm talking about.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 08:19:52 am by Jager90 »

Offline Parzival

• Respect: +79/-101
    • View Profile
  • Crew: Crew
Re: Remove chainsaws, sawn-offs and skins with rollerblades
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 08:35:46 am »
-1 on removing roller skater skins, they do have a disadvantage on running on the sandy/grassy areas, it makes them slower, and for the runaway, running straight won't work with it, players can use jump while sprinting to speed up a bit and catch up. similar to this, as Mike said in the same suggestion of removing skaters from the game, we do have an infernus which is literally faster than any car in the game, should it be removed too then? this can't happen.
xo

Offline Jager90

• Busta
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 08:45:00 am »
-1 on removing roller skater skins, they do have a disadvantage on running on the sandy/grassy areas, it makes them slower, and for the runaway, running straight won't work with it, players can use jump while sprinting to speed up a bit and catch up. similar to this, as Mike said in the same suggestion of removing skaters from the game, we do have an infernus which is literally faster than any car in the game, should it be removed too then? this can't happen.
Okay, that's a valid counterargument and I can agree on this. Didn't know it has disadvantages like this.

Offline RoboKill

• Ass of the month - All year
  • Respect: +57/-10
  • Sweaty bank hacks <3
    • View Profile
  • Discord name: RoboKill#7970
  • Crew: Killed on Sight
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 09:50:06 am »
1. The chainsaw does have an animation like a reload one to balance the game and prevent getting stuck and knocked down immediately, but I think at this version it isn't playing the animation as much and needs to be fixed or nerfed.
2. Doesn't really make sense to remove a decent gun like sawns you can counter it with other guns, it ain't overpowered like an RPG or a Minigun. Just get good.
3. I'll have to agree with what Parzival said on this one.

Also, please only make one suggestion per topic, if half of your suggestion is approved and half of it denied how are we supposed to move it into approval or denial?

Offline Jager90

• Busta
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2020, 10:16:47 am »
1. The chainsaw does have an animation like a reload one to balance the game and prevent getting stuck and knocked down immediately, but I think at this version it isn't playing the animation as much and needs to be fixed or nerfed.
2. Doesn't really make sense to remove a decent gun like sawns you can counter it with other guns, it ain't overpowered like an RPG or a Minigun. Just get good.
3. I'll have to agree with what Parzival said on this one.

Also, please only make one suggestion per topic, if half of your suggestion is approved and half of it denied how are we supposed to move it into approval or denial?
Sawns and chainsaws have to be either nerfed or removed completely. Nerf can be done by reducing damage and removing this stumbling upon hit animation which makes it impossible to fight back.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2020, 11:55:48 am »
I am always looking to improve balancing. I will review the things you mentioned. I’ve already made an alteration to the chainsaw in the next update. I’ll update this topic soon.
View trailers here.

Offline Treba

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +32/-78
  • Buster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2020, 02:35:12 pm »
1. Yes, I'd dearly use this instead:

2. My vote goes for cutting out the James Dong 007 dual-wielding feature but keeping the guns.

1) I'd say 90% of ingame interactions are held on concrete/asphalt.
2) As an on-duty cop, you can use infernus for duty purposes but can't switch the cop skin to a rollerskater one
Please stop +REP'ing me. I already know I'm most authoritative here

[C]alleb

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2020, 05:48:00 pm »
good topic,
I suggest a reduction to sawn-off's damage, 15 % ? maybe more? Its to OP has it is right now

Offline Rockstarboi

• Baller
  • Respect: +63/-52
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2020, 06:06:13 pm »
No point of removing SAWN-off unless you are loser and noob. Agree on skins and chainsaw
Skins like machine one it's fast and rollerblades
chainsaw is so OP try to increase/add time for chainsaw a 5sec rest when you use it or you can use it for 10 sec and rest 5 sec and like this

Offline Lancerb1

• Respect: +33/-11
  • Buster
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Lancerb1
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2020, 06:13:37 pm »
Another possibility is to give certain clothes some bullet resistant properties like a helmet can reduce the chances of a headshot, a vest has the chance to reduce some bullet and explosive damage, and so forth. A way to balance this is to give some weight to the clothes in order to reduce mobility as a trade-off.

Offline Mazen

• Banned
  • Respect: +17/-4
  • BomBom
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mazen
  • Discord name: Mazen#0957
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2020, 06:20:52 pm »
1-i faced few suspects with roller and it is not hard to encounter especially with good aiming you can taze them and arrest them fast but sure
2-the chainsaw high +1
3-the sawn-offs trust me it is really low to kill someone since it have animation  trust me if there no animation no one will stand a chance specially with the pro dm players double shots and fast switch will smoke you in seconds

Offline Jager90

• Busta
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2020, 07:19:45 pm »
No point of removing SAWN-off unless you are loser and noob. Agree on skins and chainsaw
Not yet using an OP weapon? Well, you're loser and noob, swallaw that, haha! The stupidest argument here I guess. Let's use sawn offs all together, to hell with other weapons let's just turn server into sawn-off DM or whatever.

Offline Mazen

• Banned
  • Respect: +17/-4
  • BomBom
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mazen
  • Discord name: Mazen#0957
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2020, 08:25:38 pm »
why not you tray and join a dm server and try the sawnoff there you will change your mind

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2020, 11:54:01 pm »
Chainsaw is already ‘nerfed’ in the next update and I’ll look at reducing dawn-off damage also. As I’ve said before I won’t be removing skater skins. Their advantage is minor and comes with downsides.
View trailers here.

Offline legend

• legend himself
  • Original Gangster
  • Respect: +145/-185
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: saz.1337
  • Discord name: MLGERROR#8473
  • Crew: 1337WESTMOB
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2020, 12:11:46 am »
-1 towards all.
I do personally hate skater skins, but that doesn't mean I want to get rid of them. With chainsaw? Just learn to keep distance between fight and with sawn-offs, the damage is reduced dramatically, max damage you can do with it, is already 100 hp, normal max damage is 150.

And if sawn-off gets removed, enjoy getting busted by combat-shotgun aimbots, trust me. I could use any weapon, the same way I use sawn-offs, excluding ak/m4 cause they are long range weapons.

Offline _.please_delete

• ℙ𝕣𝕖𝕕𝕤𝕖𝕕𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕝' ℝ𝕖𝕕 𝔸𝕣𝕞𝕪
  • Original Gangster
  • Respect: +108/-73
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [RA]Alex184
  • Discord name: J.Alex#5103
  • Crew: Founder of Ex [RA] Red Army Crew
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2020, 08:04:53 pm »
1-I would not say remove sawns but make it impossible to wield 2 sawns, only 1 is enough.
2- remove those skaters, they have a big advantage while in combat as they sprint fast while using dual UZI
3- chainsaw damage shall get reduced and shall overheat too
 “We must not allow other people’s limited perceptions to define us.”