Author Topic: Record/Replay feature  (Read 2405 times)

Not rated

Offline diogogames

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +3/-7
  • Professional Noob
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: diogogames
  • Discord name: Stormnet
Record/Replay feature
« on: March 13, 2020, 06:42:43 pm »
I hate when people break the rules of this game. Either by hacking, RDMing, breaking cop rules, theres always one asshole lurking around the corner. I know about the /report function ingame and the complaint section in this forum (I use them quite frequent), but when admins ask for proof, I cant provide it, as I'm not constantly recording footage, and most times the rule-breakers just get away.

So in order to make it much easier to get evidence, I thought of some sort of replay system, one like War Thunder.
The server could be constantly recording a 3D video, the records could last maybe the last 2/3 cities (depending on the size of it, to avoid filling the server with records) (it would provide enought time for people to search and record the evidence), and if someone wanted to access it, it would apear in a freecam sort of view, where the player could go foward, backwards, 2x speed etc. Not only it would be much easier to get evident, you could record it from other angles, viewpoints, and overhaul make it so the scene is more clear. This would also help in other situations suck as reporting bugs etc.

My main worries about this system is the work and if it is possible to aply something like this-game. It may be too much work or maybe impossible to create in SAMP, but I just think it is a good idea to improve this server and help getting rid of rule breakers.
Thanks for reading this.

Offline Treba

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +32/-78
  • Buster
    • View Profile
Re: Record/Replay feature
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 07:56:04 pm »
Such would require at least 4 hosted bots (counting on average online) to record, tons of tons of physical space to store recorded stuff at and the algorithm would be too complicated at all.

Simply logging damage players manage to each other or at least murders would cut out half of the problem, I'm pissed off by admins' approach too
Please stop +REP'ing me. I already know I'm most authoritative here

Offline Eldy.

• Respect: +15/-50
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Eldy.
  • Discord name: noteldy
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 08:19:32 pm »
I'm pissed off by admins' approach too

admins are doing their best to provide you the best experience, are sacrificing their gameplay time and their IRL time for your better experience, and are working their asses off for the server. Along with the fact that you don't really know how hard it is to manage as a admin. better choice of words next time, bruh.

There is a application called "Nvidia Shadowplay" which you can install in order to save the last 10 minutes of your gameplay, install that. Its function is the same as you are trying to suggest!
Face your fear.

Offline Mazen

• Banned
  • Respect: +17/-4
  • BomBom
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mazen
  • Discord name: Mazen#0957
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 08:48:07 pm »
rather then record the hall city maybe records all the deaths would be fine at least you can just search for the players name and trace the killing records

in general +1

Offline Salem hassan

• Street Soldier
  • Respect: +4/-12
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Surya_
  • Crew: Fk u
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 08:53:11 pm »
I hate when people break the rules of this game. Either by hacking, RDMing, breaking cop rules, theres always one asshole lurking around the corner. I know about the /report function ingame and the complaint section in this forum (I use them quite frequent), but when admins ask for proof, I cant provide it, as I'm not constantly recording footage, and most times the rule-breakers just get away.

So in order to make it much easier to get evidence, I thought of some sort of replay system, one like War Thunder.
The server could be constantly recording a 3D video, the records could last maybe the last 2/3 cities (depending on the size of it, to avoid filling the server with records) (it would provide enought time for people to search and record the evidence), and if someone wanted to access it, it would apear in a freecam sort of view, where the player could go foward, backwards, 2x speed etc. Not only it would be much easier to get evident, you could record it from other angles, viewpoints, and overhaul make it so the scene is more clear. This would also help in other situations suck as reporting bugs etc.

My main worries about this system is the work and if it is possible to aply something like this-game. It may be too much work or maybe impossible to create in SAMP, but I just think it is a good idea to improve this server and help getting rid of rule breakers.
Thanks for reading this.
-1 most of time there will be laggy and this cannot support as our stats will be damaged and logging problem

Offline M3E6

• Respect: +52/-78
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: M3E6
  • Discord name: M3E6#5742
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2020, 12:32:30 am »

There is a application called "Nvidia Shadowplay" which you can install in order to save the last 10 minutes of your gameplay, install that. Its function is the same as you are trying to suggest!

The AMD equivalent of this is AMD Relive

Offline Treba

• Enforcer
  • Buster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2020, 08:03:59 am »
Along with the fact that you don't really know how hard it is to manage as a admin. better choice of words next time, bruh.

Along with the fact that I held head position in power distribution company and slept for 6 hours in best cases, I am sure you're doing well. I respect the effort staff put into this community, and time they sacrifice, but, after all, this doesnt belong to every single dude appealing for moderator position after 3rd ingame session (nor this doesnt relate to you personally) and this is absolutely voluntary.

Its function is the same as you are trying to suggest.

As far as I understood, the author is suggesting tracking every single movement done by who-and whatever in order to be able to later represent it in a '3D movie', which, in turn, supposes repeatable scenario based on those tracked actions.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2020, 08:16:43 am »
It would not be feasible to record every single players actions as an NPC recording constantly.

I do plan to add ‘interaction logs’ at some point which will log what interactions players have with each other:
- Player attacked a player or their vehicle
- Player robbed a player
- Player carjacked a player
- Player arrested/cuffed/tazed player

Any other interactions which need logging?

The one thing that can’t be logged is vehicle-on-vehicle collisions.

Also what about defending a friend? If player A attacks player B and player C defends player B because they are friends, wouldn’t it look like player C DMed player A because player A didn’t attack player C? It’s impossible to log absolutely every little thing and understand situations from logs.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 08:21:38 am by Mike »
View trailers here.

Offline Treba

• Enforcer
  • Buster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2020, 08:41:45 am »
Also what about defending a friend? If player A attacks player B and player C defends player B because they are friends, wouldn’t it look like player C DMed player A because player A didn’t attack player C? It’s impossible to log absolutely every little thing and understand situations from logs.

Such situations wouldnt be considered correctly until there are officially gangs/crews accounting

Offline Eldy.

• Respect: +15/-50
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Eldy.
  • Discord name: noteldy
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2020, 12:28:26 am »
Along with the fact that I held head position in power distribution company and slept for 6 hours in best cases, I am sure you're doing well. I respect the effort staff put into this community, and time they sacrifice, but, after all, this doesnt belong to every single dude appealing for moderator position after 3rd ingame session (nor this doesnt relate to you personally) and this is absolutely voluntary.

As far as I understood, the author is suggesting tracking every single movement done by who-and whatever in order to be able to later represent it in a '3D movie', which, in turn, supposes repeatable scenario based on those tracked actions.

The first line makes me think that you're saying that to me since you said "nor this *doesn't*", which says that you're saying that to me personally.
Face your fear.