Author Topic: M3E6 (Admin Abuse)  (Read 1376 times)

Offline BehindYou

• Respect: +9/-11
  • Buster
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: boomdata
M3E6 (Admin Abuse)
« on: March 01, 2020, 11:22:35 am »
Your name: BOOMDATA

THEIR  NAME: M3E6

DATA/TIME: [10:53:09]: 01/03/2020

DETAILS: I was chasing a suspect with my aircraft, the suspect vehicle health was low at this point, so i landed  my aircraft and got on foot and shot him from
a few distance away, as i was shooting his health was low before at the time and was a (orange) suspect. As i decided to shoot him from the windshield because his car was already on fire and therefore this was a legitimate course of action.

Problem: I then was sent to jail and issued a PSO offence, for the reason "Shooting an unarmed suspect". Problem is you cant determine whether he or she was armed at the time because the car was on fire and if he exited, he would have been dead anyways. This is clearly a form of admin abuse as you cant just use admins powers without proper insight into the situation and then making false management actions.

The rules clearly indicate i havent broke any at the time and therefore this sort of behaviour is not acceptable.

I understand after responding the situation, you unjailed me and clearly unjailing me would indicate you done a mistake "[10:56:20] Message from admins: {FFFFFF}just because you've done it before and gotten away with it doesn't mean it isn't against rules lmao" but according to your response, this is what a guilty person would say and i dont find it funny because this behaviour should not be tolerated by any other player.

EVIDENCE: https://pastebin.com/rXZcSdCL

Offline M3E6

• Respect: +52/-78
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: M3E6
  • Discord name: M3E6#5742
Re: M3E6 (Admin Abuse)
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 12:37:00 pm »
I unjailed you to be generous, but it seems you do not care for it and took my generosity as me doing something wrong.

This is not a infraction. It is a public service offence that disappears after a short time. Their /crimes indicated they had not done anything threatening. They trespassed and stole a couple police cars. The vehicle was disabled and you could've went and pulled them out of the car and arrested. Instead you decided to shoot the person sitting in the car and you killed them as a result.

About the message you quoted, I meant that just because you may of shot and killed unarmed people before doesn't mean it isn't against the rules, and you may of gotten way with it because staff was either busy or wasn't online at the time. It has nothing to do with "doing something wrong" or "a guilty person", that is just hot air and making stuff up completely.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 12:43:31 pm by M3E6 »

Offline BehindYou

• Respect: +9/-11
  • Buster
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: boomdata
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 01:01:15 pm »
You mentioned the "vehicle was disabled". But you dont seem to understand, his vehicle was on fire and then you cant expect me to "pull him out and arrest". If you re-read my statement you would understand my point of view.

"Making stuff up completly"? Are you sure because you sound in denial. Your actions were "admin abuse" and you dont have any right to jail me without proper justification and then making false accusations is clearly not acceptable.

Issuing "PSO" for fun is not nice and you abusing your previleges is also not acceptable in this server.

Offline M3E6

• Respect: +52/-78
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: M3E6
  • Discord name: M3E6#5742
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2020, 03:28:55 pm »
You mentioned the "vehicle was disabled". But you dont seem to understand, his vehicle was on fire and then you cant expect me to "pull him out and arrest". If you re-read my statement you would understand my point of view.

"Making stuff up completly"? Are you sure because you sound in denial. Your actions were "admin abuse" and you dont have any right to jail me without proper justification and then making false accusations is clearly not acceptable.

Issuing "PSO" for fun is not nice and you abusing your previleges is also not acceptable in this server.

The vehicle was not moving at all. The rustler shooting it caused the engine to smoke enough that the engine stopped.

It only caught fire once you started unloading into it with your M4 after landing your rustler.

Offline codeshadow

• Respect: +43/-20
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2020, 12:40:30 am »
For your information that is not against the rules. If you are running away from cops in a vehicle then cops have the right to shoot the vehicle to disable it. If you die in that process, then it is your fault. If you wanted to be arrested, then you would have surrendered.
This is how I resolved a complaint recently. Cops shouldn't be punished for killing suspects who are fleeing in a vehicle. Cops can shoot to disable wanted suspects’ vehicle and if they die in that process there is nothing much can be done. If they really wanted to be arrested, then they would have surrendered. That public service offence has been revoked. 

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2020, 08:30:56 am »
This is how I resolved a complaint recently. Cops shouldn't be punished for killing suspects who are fleeing in a vehicle. Cops can shoot to disable wanted suspects’ vehicle and if they die in that process there is nothing much can be done. If they really wanted to be arrested, then they would have surrendered. That public service offence has been revoked. 
I disagree with that. If a suspect is fleeing in a vehicle and they have not recently committed a violent offence and they aren’t shooting from their vehicle there is no reason to kill them. You should use spike strips or shoot tires only (passenger drive by required).
View trailers here.

Offline codeshadow

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2020, 08:48:36 am »
I disagree with that. If a suspect is fleeing in a vehicle and they have not recently committed a violent offence and they aren’t shooting from their vehicle there is no reason to kill them. You should use spike strips or shoot tires only (passenger drive by required).
So cops are not allowed to shoot with rustler unless if the suspect commited a violent offence? You should be more clear about those things in the rules then. This can also turn into endless chase.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2020, 08:56:39 am »
This can also turn into endless chase.
That's one of the main reasons I added a fuel system.
View trailers here.

Offline codeshadow

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2020, 11:11:53 am »
Then I don’t really see a point of chasing wanted suspects anymore. Most of them will just run to their 5 to 6 other friends who are waiting for them and then gang up on the cop. If you want to turn this server like rp servers then you might as well disable the bunny hopping. Unarmed wanted suspects or wanted suspects who switch to their fist bunny hop around all over the map. Some of them switch to their fist just to trick you then if you try to taze them they will pull out a weapon and kill you. Some wanted players runs around with weapon in their hands and expect cops to arrest them then if the cops try to taze them they just shoot at the cops. Maybe cops should be allowed to kill wanted suspects who are holding weapons? At least that’s how they do it on the rp servers as far as I know.

We should be issuing infraction to cops those who use seasparrow to damage fleeing nonviolent suspect's vehicle? When we had access to hydra there were staff members who killed nonviolent wanted suspects using those kinds of heavy vehicles. So, they have been breaking the rules too?

« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 11:38:41 am by codeshadow »