Author Topic: Vehicle's health [/VHEALTH]  (Read 1438 times)

Not rated

Waddles

Vehicle's health [/VHEALTH]
« on: February 01, 2020, 02:07:51 pm »
How about adding a new command [/vhealth]? This command will show vehicle's health as HUD under Money Hud. Now I know that many of you will ask why to add it when we already have default command [/dl]. See here's a thing, FPS drops down when they are many vehicles located in one location and that's not a good thing. I would like to know your viewpoint.

Thank you!

Offline ranja

• Respect: +106/-26
  • Ryder did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: ranja
  • Crew: WESTMOB
Re: Vehicle's health [/VHEALTH]
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 03:10:51 pm »
From a person that have had used /DL before I think that could be a beneficial aspect to have, for example at the bottom left corner of the screen (when it's shown the vehicle's name and all that). +1
Although it must be a small text in order to not overweight the screen or the player's PC performance (for lads with difficulty obtaining more FPS).

Offline typtics

• Respect: +63/-128
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 03:20:05 pm »
+1

Offline Riley

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +19/-1
  • erobere dich, damit du stark sein kannst.
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Riley
  • Discord name: Vulcan#6258
  • Crew: Killed On Sight
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2020, 04:02:33 pm »
nice idea +1

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 06:39:56 am »
In the early development stages of the server I had a vehicle health HUD element in the bottom right corner. It’s the fuel bar you see today. I decided to use it for fuel rather than health. Could very well add health next to fuel with the same design for consistency.

Thing is I’m very against clutter. In my eyes you can easily see your vehicle health by how much it is smoking and what color the smoke is. Do you really need to know if your vehicle health is 60% or 65%?

I hate seeing people driving around with /DL on; it looks ugly AF.
View trailers here.

Waddles

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2020, 04:05:36 am »

Thing is I’m very against clutter. In my eyes you can easily see your vehicle health by how much it is smoking and what color the smoke is. Do you really need to know if your vehicle health is 60% or 65%?

I hate seeing people driving around with /DL on; it looks ugly AF.

Thank you for your reply.

There are some people, like me, who has removed smoke effect in order to gain FPS. That smoke effect includes clouds, the smoke when we fire and the smoke that you are talking about. To be very honest, I don't want percentile system for vehicle health. I want something like this and a option to every player whether to enable that hud or keep it disabled.

Here is one example of the thing that I am talking about :-

Please do consider my thoughts.