Author Topic: Houses should be decorable  (Read 1283 times)

Rated 1 time

Offline diogogames

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +3/-7
  • Professional Noob
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: diogogames
  • Discord name: Stormnet
Houses should be decorable
« on: February 01, 2020, 09:05:52 am »
« Last Rated on: May 20, 2021, 06:33:30 pm »
So, right now in the game, houses come with preset objects you cant interact, move, nor buy more. I thought on a system where people could buy furniture and place it whetever they want on their houses, and this are the reasons why:

1 - It would add another layer of progression, as you can now grind for the expensive furniture (egg gold cell phone) you always wanted for.

2 - It would add another layer of customization. Right now there are preset models, that are likely chosen based on the exterior of the house to fit it. Right now each model have the same items the same placements, and by being able to customize them, not ony diferent houses would look less standardised, as it could make buying properties somewhat more enjoyable and less bland.

3 - Some objects could serve a utilitarian porpose. This is more of a side objective, but what about things like cell phones acting as home payphones, consoles being interactible and able to play games (i think that it needs multiple console cinfigurationsfor each for diferent games, or maybe you could buy cartriges and insert them into consoles and being able to choose the game, but consoles should only work if in a certain radius nearby the TV), kitchen items being able to cook food (apply icecream/hotdog animation) and heal, radios to pump music in a certain radius etc...

4 - It would make a bigger "shock" to find out you've been robbed and dont have insurance, since you spent time and money buying that stuff and placing it.

5 - So, I'm not claiming that I know this, but I think it shouldnt be that hard to make a system like this.

If you think I'm wrong on any point let me know please.

EDIT: So Mike told me that it isnt possible to do this because of technical problems. But is it still possible to make items intereactible?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 08:11:35 pm by diogogames »

Offline Riley

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +19/-1
  • erobere dich, damit du stark sein kannst.
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Riley
  • Discord name: Vulcan#6258
  • Crew: Killed On Sight
Re: Houses should be decorable
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 04:00:26 pm »
Would be great.

Offline M3E6

• Respect: +52/-78
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: M3E6
  • Discord name: M3E6#5742
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 05:07:50 pm »
From a technical standpoint it is possible to do probably. Store XYZ of objects inside the interior for every house on the map.

It is a good idea although probably low priority. The items could be really expensive as a cash sink for players to dump all of their money into.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 08:20:01 am »
When I added the house system (before server launch) I made it with a furniture and decoration system but ran into technical issues which I cannot grt around so it will never be added unfortunately.

Pleee keep suggestions to only one suggestion per topic please. It’s impossible to categorise suggestions differently (accepted/rejected) if they’re all in the same topic. Thanks.
View trailers here.