Author Topic: Player ban "Dawson" - Statement  (Read 237 times)

Offline Dawson

• Busta
  • Respect: +0/-0
  • Buster
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Dawson
Player ban "Dawson" - Statement
« on: March 16, 2024, 08:25:52 pm »
Ban ID (if applicable)6967
Your in-game nameDawson
Ban or infraction appeal?Ban
Date and time of ban/infraction including timezone16.03.2024, about 8:45 pm (MEZ)
Ban/infraction reason and detailsCheats/Hacks; Details: Rapid fire cheats
Why was this ban/infraction wrongfully issued?I suppose it is not wrongfully issued. I am not certain if it counts as cheating. I know it is possible to deactivate the driver shooting mechanic while driving. What is the purpose of the function then?
What was the situation which lead to this wrongful ban/infraction? What was happening?It started as a chase between police and criminal. My partner tried to stop the vehicle via shooting. I wanted to assist him by shooting while driving (You could say it was rapid fire), the car crashed and the suspect was eventually apprehended.
Any witnesses that can vouch for you?Officer "c4r1" was my partner.
Any more information to provide?Yes, I may be guilty about it, but to my defence: I've been playing constantly for over a week now and saw it common practice to do that rapid fire in fights between police and criminals. So I assumed, it was legit to do it as well while playing more and more and didn't know it counts as a form of cheating, since you are able to do that and I know for a fact that you can deactivate that feature. So I'm wondering, why it is still possible to do that. Many players since I started are practicing this technique. The purpose was always to stop the car or kill a most wanted (red) criminal - mostly cars though. Moreover this applies also for the criminals perspective. Ideally, I'd be very happy to be unbanned, since I only like playing on this server - keeping order on the streets and I tried to state my position as best as I could on that regard. I guess I deserve it, if it's cheating. My defence is not an excuse or plead to unban me. However I simply plead to at least reduce the duration of the ban greatly and I will take that situation as a lesson to learn for the future. I am willing to learn and for example started educating others, because I sometimes see other cops violating cop rules. Finally I only wrote this appeal, because in the guidlines it says quote: "If you feel a ban/infraction is too harsh for the offense(s) you may appeal for your ban/infraction to be reduced", end quote. I feel 4 months for rapid fire is too harsh. I hope you can understand my perspective to the situation and I hope we come best in terms to a solution.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 11:08:11 am by Dawson »

Offline Dani.

• Respect: +14/-64
  • Buster
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Dani.
  • Discord name: dani_421
Re: Player ban "Dawson" - Statement
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2024, 12:21:21 am »
4 months are not harsh, it was supposed to be 6 months that's the durations we use for cheaters, After discussing this with other staff, Your ban will be reduced to a shorter time that you should take as a lesson and delete your hacks and once you're back have a look into our server rules incase you're unsure of something.