Author Topic: Add a rule explicitly allowing the use of keybinders  (Read 465 times)

Rated 3 times

Offline Hank_Montgomery

• Original Gangster
  • Respect: +51/-28
  • Bring 2000 vehicle armor health points back again!
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Hank_Montgomery
Add a rule explicitly allowing the use of keybinders
« on: February 27, 2024, 12:44:03 am »
« Last Rated on: February 29, 2024, 09:23:58 pm »
This is a dangerous moment where MCnR may change forever, and my message serves as a cautionary tale to anyone playing on a server with keybinders or not. As some of you may know, I’ve recently been harassed by one of MCnR’s staff members. Among other things, I’ve been repeatedly told by that stuff member not to use one of the commands that allows to open the recently operated vehicle’s doors using the */door* command, although, currently, the rules don't say anything against the use of keybinding software (https://mikescnr.com/forum/index.php/topic,20.0.html). The person reasoned that the command gives an advantage, and today I got jailed for no reason and then banned by this person. In between the two events, I tried to ask the person about what makes a command advantageous and what they saw when spectating me before jailing me, but I was told not to waste their time asking these, apparently for them, stupid questions.

I believe the rules should explicitly say that the use of AHK or any other keybinding software is allowed, because, until this rule isn’t added, people are going to be arbitrarily punished by moderators/admins, who have certain grudges against a particular player, because the person used a certain command deemed advantageous in the salt moderator's/admin's imaginary vision of what commands are advantageous and what are not.

Until this ambiguity is eliminated, with the current state of the rules, particular individuals, once they reach the moderator/admin status, can punish anyone who they don't like by suspecting them of using keybinding software. Imagine it happens to a new but experienced SAMP player, who joins MCnR and starts to use AHK, then gets screwed over for whatever command they used? What if it’s already happened multiple times already and we’ve just not heard of the stories of the people banned, who just felt unbothered to make a ban appeal and moved on to another server, with more adequate rules? What if YOU are to be punished next?

If all keybinders are suddenly forbidden, the certain admins/moderators will arbitrarily enforce the rule on whoever they don’t like for personal reasons, because, apparently, it’s not easy to spot a person using a keybinder. It’s been allowed, although not explicitly, to use software such as AHK for years on MCnR, and on other servers it’s been openly welcomed (especially on RP ones) almost since the release of SAMP. Once the new rule, that allows the use of keybinders, is added, it will put an end to any ambiguity and unfair treatment from the staff. The staff will also have more time to deal with real rulebreakers.

Offline parisisnthuman

• Baller
  • Respect: +16/-59
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Loli
  • Crew: Kensho
Re: Add a rule explicitly allowing the use of keybinders
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2024, 09:13:53 am »
currently, the rules don't say anything against the use of keybinding software (https://mikescnr.com/forum/index.php/topic,20.0.html). The person reasoned that the command gives an advantage, and today I got jailed for no reason and then banned by this person.
keybinders and AHK are actually disallowed, you cant really hide behind that ancient page of rules in forum because its so outdated and untouched
+you dont really need a full keybinder and AHK setup to play mcnr its not an esports game calm your tits
[T]ransgenders apply here!

Offline Kanarimortem

• Banned
  • Respect: +11/-41
  • Ina de mud me a pick kali bud
    • View Profile
  • Discord name: kanarimortem
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2024, 09:19:45 am »
keybinders and AHK are actually disallowed, you cant really hide behind that ancient page of rules in forum because its so outdated and untouched
+you dont really need a full keybinder and AHK setup to play mcnr its not an esports game calm your tits
He just got mad his little tricks got him punished.

Offline puuro

• Best MCNR YouTuber 2023
  • Respect: +48/-79
  • Wu-Tang forever
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: aleksibob
  • Discord name: puuuro
  • Crew: Wu-Tang Clan
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2024, 09:49:59 am »

they are? i never knew that, mainly due to the fact so much of the shit on mcnr is on boxes that require clicking instead of cmds

you dont even really need a keybinder for mcnr

Offline Vicio

• Respect: +7/-7
  • Smoker
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Vicio
  • Discord name: ASAP_Bórquez#1607
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2024, 04:08:44 pm »

they are? i never knew that, mainly due to the fact so much of the shit on mcnr is on boxes that require clicking instead of cmds

you type /rpv to call your vehícle? Or type /flare to call a flare? Or use /mk to heal yourself?

Offline Vicio

• Respect: +7/-7
  • Smoker
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Vicio
  • Discord name: ASAP_Bórquez#1607
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2024, 04:09:16 pm »

im 1 second ahead of you thanks to keybinds

Offline [RsA]Ikevoodoo

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +8/-7
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Ikevoodoo
  • Discord name: Axolotl
  • Crew: [RsA]
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2024, 09:31:43 am »
im 1 second ahead of you thanks to keybinds