Author Topic: Hank_Montgomery ban appeal  (Read 811 times)

Offline Hank_Montgomery

• Original Gangster
  • Respect: +51/-28
  • Bring 2000 vehicle armor health points back again!
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Hank_Montgomery
Hank_Montgomery ban appeal
« on: February 26, 2024, 09:35:08 pm »
Ban ID (if applicable)6855
Your in-game nameHank_Montgomery
Ban or infraction appeal?ban
Date and time of ban/infraction including timezone26.02.2024 21:13 GMT
Ban/infraction reason and detailsBug/Glitch Exploit
Why was this ban/infraction wrongfully issued?I didn't exploit any bug or a glitch.
What was the situation which lead to this wrongful ban/infraction? What was happening?No idea, I got randomly banned while driving my car for a few seconds.
Any witnesses that can vouch for you?No.
Any more information to provide?I hope that, whoever banned me, would provide the info.

Offline SilenTHunteR

• Respect: +7/-19
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Sierra117
Re: Hank_Montgomery ban appeal
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2024, 09:59:05 pm »
I am the one banned you for skipping animations. Not just one time, but more than 10 times I clearly mentioned you and warned you again and again that "Skipping animation either by pressing shift or by using /door command to get in and out of the car quickly is restricted".

Before this you used to skip animation and get in the car quicky by binding the /door 1 command to your keybinder as shown in your own videos, now just few days ago I told you not to skip any animation either by command or pressing shift verbally, second time I warned you by putting you in jail for 5 minutes and then finally I had to ban you cause you don't seem to listen and understand what we are trying to tell you.

You even argued to me on my discord where I again cleared that "Skipping animation to get into car quickly is not allowed" which too you ignored.

Here's a combination of moments where you skipped animation while engaging with other players to escape quickly

Here's a clip when you perform full animation when you are not in rush.

You do perform full animation and so does everyone else, its just that you don't choose to do it.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 10:08:08 pm by SilenTHunteR »

Offline Hank_Montgomery

• Original Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2024, 11:04:16 pm »
Firstly, using keybinders is not forbidden if you read through /rules in the server or visit this webpage: https://mikescnr.com/forum/index.php/topic,20.0.html

Secondly, you can clearly see that the door is open on my screen at 0:26 in my video, and I didn't close it because I immediately reached for the gun. I didn't even use /door command in this particular instance, and if you actually cared, you would've gone through my command logs and noticed I didn't use this command, although it's allowed to use it. I've been using a lot of commands with my keybinder, and I'm unsure why you are picking specifically on the use of the /door one when there are other commands that a lot of people use to their advantage (like simple /ammo /rpv /pv, etc.). Saying that you can't use AutoHotkey in 2024 for SAMP is like telling not to use Internet because it gives advantage over people who use physical books.

As per why my doors appear shut, I have no idea. All I can suggest is try different GTA SA build; check your ploss; internet speed; ping; ask others to spectate me and spectate simultaneously, then check both replays and see the differences if any or smth, because leaving the doors open without shutting them when you reach for the gun (or whatever) is a basic GTA SA mechanic, and it absolutely doesn't matter what version of GTA SA you use. It works on vanilla, completely unmodded GTA SA too. Besides, what's unrealistic about the fact the door can be open and you go do something else? What am I being prosecuted for? For using the basic GTA SA mechanic that a lot of people use?

i=5_39olgvkJF849Ql

Offline SilenTHunteR

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2024, 12:15:18 am »
Firstly, using keybinders is not forbidden if you read through /rules in the server or visit this webpage: https://mikescnr.com/forum/index.php/topic,20.0.html

Keybinders are not forbidden, but anything that is turned out to be abused will be prohibited. Since the keybinder is allowed, we did not directly ban you but warned you that stop using /door command until further notice 2 times already before you forced me to ban you after you did it the third time.

I never particularly mentioned that you used /door command recently, and for the 5th time I am telling you that I already told you same thing more than 10 times that "skipping animation either by pressing shift or /door command is prohibited". Just few days ago I clearly mentioned to you (after discussing it with superior staff and according to their response that you were previously punished for skipping animations and that anything that gives you an advantage against other people which is done very often is not allowed") that as being discussed you are to cease using /door function or shift key function to get in and escape quickly while being engaged with other people in any activity, specially when you are chasing them or running away from them.

Secondly, you can clearly see that the door is open on my screen at 0:26 in my video, and I didn't close it because I immediately reached for the gun. I didn't even use /door command in this particular instance, and if you actually cared, you would've gone through my command logs and noticed I didn't use this command, although it's allowed to use it. I've been using a lot of commands with my keybinder, and I'm unsure why you are picking specifically on the use of the /door one when there are other commands that a lot of people use to their advantage (like simple /ammo /rpv /pv, etc.). Saying that you can't use AutoHotkey in 2024 for SAMP is like telling not to use Internet because it gives advantage over people who use physical books.

At 00:26 in your video, you did pressed shift key since when you get out of the vehicle, you character will only avoid performing the door closing animation if you press a movement key after getting out or you press the shift key, not if you press any other key specially the RMB (tested), then you did pressed shift key at 00:37 to avoid the door closing animation after you entered you car which is also not possible unless you press shift key.

As per why my doors appear shut, I have no idea. All I can suggest is try different GTA SA build; check your ploss; internet speed; ping; ask others to spectate me and spectate simultaneously, then check both replays and see the differences if any or smth, because leaving the doors open without shutting them when you reach for the gun (or whatever) is a basic GTA SA mechanic, and it absolutely doesn't matter what version of GTA SA you use. It works on vanilla, completely unmodded GTA SA too. Besides, what's unrealistic about the fact the door can be open and you go do something else? What am I being prosecuted for? For using the basic GTA SA mechanic that a lot of people use?

i=5_39olgvkJF849Ql

Its not about the appearance, its about the timings. I personally have experienced this when I first tried to jack you that when engaging in fights, you always do run away and when someone tries to car jack you, in their screen they are performing the whole animation of opening the door. By the time they open the door, you gain enough speed to stop them from jacking you since in you did not performed the door closing animation from your end, another way it advantages you except for the time advantage of course. No one can jack you vehicle.

Conclusion: You defied straight warnings from a moderator and instead of reaching out to higher staff for clarification you chose to violate the rules that you were told.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 01:27:17 am by SilenTHunteR »

Offline Hank_Montgomery

• Original Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2024, 01:26:25 am »
Then why the /door command exists in the first place? For decoration? What about other commands used while fighting/chasing like /oil /ammo /rpv, they also give advantage, right? And I use them more frequently than /door, so which one am i abusing more in the end? People have been using AHK since the dawn of SAMP, as I said. As they say, one man's abuse is another man's good conduct. What rule exactly did I break? No need for arbitrary reasoning, show me from this article: https://mikescnr.com/forum/index.php/topic,20.0.html

At 0:26 I just press RMB or WASD to prevent your character from closing the door (tested). Besides, what are you talking about when you mention Shift? What is Shift function? I'm using Shift for jumping and Space for running, FYI. If I had pressed the Shift key, my character would've jumped. As regard 0:37, I'm entering/leaving the car without pressing/holding either Shift or Space or both. I'm just playing the way Rockstar meant the game to be played. Test it with other players, not alone.

Conclusion:
you are trying to deliberately attempt to conceal the unpleasant and incriminating fact that you jailed me for no reason, and then banned me for whatever you saw while spectating me.

I'm not sure how related this is, but maybe contact Mike about why the cars I summon spawn without doors sometimes. Maybe it has something to do with it, and when you spectate, you see the doors, but they are not there (when outside of spectating mode), and I wonder if it could be vice versa, maybe the spectating mode is the culprit.

Offline SilenTHunteR

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2024, 01:47:28 am »
It is indeed there for there to take personalised photos and videos. Not for you to use it for your advantage (common sense). Why do think similarly trunk and hood can be opened by command too? It is not necessary that everything that isn’t mentioned cannot be called abuse. You are the only guy so far I have caught using this function for your advantage, just you. I always watch people where I found not a single one till now abusing that command or shift key function.

The point is, if not mentioned in the rules specifically, you were told to stop abusing it 2 times before you got banned which I think is more than enough for you to realise that you should stop at this point which you failed to.

I won’t reply any further, wait for an admin/manager to reply here.

Offline GerZ

• Busta
  • Respect: +0/-0
  • Masterful Champion
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: GerZ
  • Discord name: Insidious^#0149
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2024, 08:54:53 am »
Idk if I'm allowed to interfere or not But, There is no rule that says using this command as your advantage is not allowed. It's there for a reason and it depends on you meaning how you utilize it. If it provides any advantage to the players using AHK , the staff should remove the command as it is useless, it has no use at all rather than this animation skin.

Offline Kanarimortem

• Banned
  • Respect: +11/-41
  • Ina de mud me a pick kali bud
    • View Profile
  • Discord name: kanarimortem
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2024, 09:17:28 am »
I may get warned, but I've got to say that using a keybinder for a command that CAN and DOES give you an advantage (such as shorter anim) should be punished. You're not typing /door, you're using a program that does so in less than a second. It's not the same as when you keybind your annoying "DICK service", this is being used to get in your car faster in risky situations, meanwhile other players are not circumventing this animation, thus losing time which we all know you use in your advantage. You're not a saint, you know glitches and bugs, and you probably use them in your advantage, we all did it once, the problem is when you think nobody will notice and keep doing so again and again.

Offline Moody

• Respect: +27/-18
  • Lazy guy
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Moody
  • Discord name: Moodygod
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2024, 11:44:46 am »
use of keybinding is allowed there is no rule which states that.

the ban will be lifted.

Appeal accepted