Author Topic: Make some NPCs shoot at you if you point a gun at them  (Read 3656 times)

Offline Vicio

• Respect: +7/-7
  • Smoker
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Vicio
  • Discord name: ASAP_Bórquez#1607
Make some NPCs shoot at you if you point a gun at them
« on: February 14, 2024, 08:37:52 pm »
If you try to rob a store and point your gun at the cashier, there is a chance of him becoming aggressive and shooting at you (similar to the vault guard). This can make robbing stores a little bit more challenging.

Offline ShadowWalker981

• Respect: +1/-1
  • Before you get one win, you gotta take 1000 losses
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: ShadowWalker981
  • Discord name: ShadowWalker981
Re: Make some NPCs shoot at you if you point a gun at them
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2024, 11:33:38 pm »
+1

Offline Andualem

• Busta
  • Respect: +2/-0
  • Enforcer
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Andualem
  • Discord name: andualem653
  • Crew: Not Interested
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2024, 08:31:26 am »
if they start shooting the only choice you will have is killing them and if you kill them the robbery will fail so you are saying there should be a chance to fail +1
also the Vault guard shooting is like an AOE damage even when he is not aiming at anyone if he is shooting everyone that passed the door to the vault will start losing health so idk how this system would work on the NPCs in the store

Offline Vicio

• Respect: +7/-7
  • Smoker
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Vicio
  • Discord name: ASAP_Bórquez#1607
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2024, 10:43:34 am »
if they start shooting the only choice you will have is killing them and if you kill them the robbery will fail so you are saying there should be a chance to fail +1
also the Vault guard shooting is like an AOE damage even when he is not aiming at anyone if he is shooting everyone that passed the door to the vault will start losing health so idk how this system would work on the NPCs in the store
the same way that it worked in crazybobs xD

Offline Baigannn!!

• Busta
  • Respect: +2/-0
  • I'm Corpse
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Ravager.
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2024, 02:56:45 pm »
If you try to rob a store and point your gun at the cashier, there is a chance of him becoming aggressive and shooting at you (similar to the vault guard). This can make robbing stores a little bit more challenging.
great idea +1 I'll be happy if owner does it to only ammunitions and some gas stations

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2024, 04:48:03 pm »
There are 200-250 interiors that would need the NPCs making controllable. NPCs take up player slots. That means there would need to be an extra 200-250 player slots. That uses a lot of resources.

I have thought about this before, and always come to the idea that I'd probably only do this for certain interiors (Ammunation, Bait Shop, General Store / Gas Station, cheaper clothing shops). I don't think the employee in Didier Sachs would start shooting a robber, but the guy that runs the general store or bait shop might, and the Ammunation guy for sure..

But it's not so simple, I'd have to rework the entire way the holdup system works, to allow some to be actors and some to be NPCs. They are treated very differently.
View trailers here.