Author Topic: Recovery prices  (Read 1198 times)

Offline Ardealul

• Respect: +17/-11
  • [color=white]Why can't we use colors here[/color]
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Ardealul
  • Discord name: arduel
Recovery prices
« on: January 24, 2024, 07:04:06 pm »
So, bullet is 1.8m now, ok, legit, you want people to not own multiple bullets. The only thing I don't like because it is crazy is the recovery cost. Nowdays you can't use bullet for driveby because recovery is 90k, which is insane. Please reduce this at 20k or something, we pay 1.8m and then we realise we can't even use it because it costs 90k if we distroy it.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2024, 07:32:34 pm by Ardealul »

Offline Ardealul

• View Profile
Re: Recovery prices
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2024, 07:06:23 pm »
How is this affecting the game? Cops get cars for free, also chettah's. Even with 2x you need two bank robberies to pay one bullet distroyed while cops dont give a fuck, they get free cars. How is the outcome of this decision? People just go in sultan and go 4vs1, which is not any better lol

Offline Ardealul

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2024, 07:07:17 pm »
Bullet was one of the reasons people were not 4 vs 1 all day and it boosted soloplay

Offline DRAG0NFURY

• Banned
  • Respect: +39/-22
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: DRAG0NFURY
  • Discord name: lxtus0
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2024, 08:03:36 pm »
Think of it this way, if you were to purchase a G wagon IRL, you'd do your due diligence and find out that the costs of maintaining such a high-end vehicle are substantially high. This also implies that purchasing an expensive car isn't just a matter of paying a one-time fee but rather a continuous commitment, there's the luxury taxes, vehicle services etc... that'll cost you a fortune which means that if you don't have a deep pocket there's no point in investing in such a car. In our case here, a Bullet is considered a pretty good vehicle and because this is a game, you can't get taxed. On top of that, your vehicle needs no servicing (apart from occasional repairs which have a minimal cost) which in an ideal world, it otherwise would. So keeping something luxurious has to come with its drawbacks, in this case, high recovery fees.

If you ask me, Bullets should have higher repair costs and such but that would probably mean going a little too far so it's fine the way it is.

Offline Ardealul

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2024, 08:30:51 pm »
Think of it this way, if you were to purchase a G wagon IRL, you'd do your due diligence and find out that the costs of maintaining such a high-end vehicle are substantially high. This also implies that purchasing an expensive car isn't just a matter of paying a one-time fee but rather a continuous commitment, there's the luxury taxes, vehicle services etc... that'll cost you a fortune which means that if you don't have a deep pocket there's no point in investing in such a car. In our case here, a Bullet is considered a pretty good vehicle and because this is a game, you can't get taxed. On top of that, your vehicle needs no servicing (apart from occasional repairs which have a minimal cost) which in an ideal world, it otherwise would. So keeping something luxurious has to come with its drawbacks, in this case, high recovery fees.

If you ask me, Bullets should have higher repair costs and such but that would probably mean going a little too far so it's fine the way it is.

Real life gas nothing to do with how mcnr work. It's not roleplay.

Offline DRAG0NFURY

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2024, 09:08:01 pm »
Real life gas nothing to do with how mcnr work. It's not roleplay.

I'm well aware it's just a game, realism should be sought where necessary and in this case it should definitely be applied. We aren't looking for a 1 to 1 ratio with the way complex economies work but for the games' financial system to operate as intended there needs to be balance. I don't think you got my point...

Offline Ardealul

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2024, 10:11:26 pm »
I'm well aware it's just a game, realism should be sought where necessary and in this case it should definitely be applied. We aren't looking for a 1 to 1 ratio with the way complex economies work but for the games' financial system to operate as intended there needs to be balance. I don't think you got my point...
Why is this one of the necesarry things? Bullet was 20k, now it's 1.8m. It's 90x the price. It's ok, people wont own 40 bullets as I did before. But it was always targeted. It has the worst gas tank point to shoot(I mean you wanna driveby shoot and it's almost next to the head, it's easy af to blow it up) but 90k for a vehicle recovery while you get 20-30k from a bank robbery in which cops will come to kill you and shoot your vehicle down is too much. I say this again. Cops get free cars. Remove then the free cops cars.

Offline Clo

• Respect: +4/-2
  • Boomer
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [RsA]Clo
  • Discord name: anekrif
  • Crew: RsA
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2024, 10:15:41 pm »
-1,the price is good  :)

Offline Ardealul

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2024, 10:55:52 pm »
-1,the price is good  :)

Fr? U wanna pay 90k everytime your bullet breaks?

Offline DRAG0NFURY

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2024, 12:47:29 am »
Why is this one of the necesarry things? Bullet was 20k, now it's 1.8m. It's 90x the price. It's ok, people wont own 40 bullets as I did before. But it was always targeted. It has the worst gas tank point to shoot(I mean you wanna driveby shoot and it's almost next to the head, it's easy af to blow it up) but 90k for a vehicle recovery while you get 20-30k from a bank robbery in which cops will come to kill you and shoot your vehicle down is too much. I say this again. Cops get free cars. Remove then the free cops cars.

The main reason why the reset happened in the first place was because players had no incentive to play. This mostly derives from the fact we were all maxed out stats wise while having huge sums of cash with nothing to spend it on and as such it makes sense that not only do said stats get wiped, but the prices also see an increase to ensure this very thing doesn't happen again. Give it 2-3 weeks and you'll have more than enough money to sustain the Bullet you claim to be so expensive to keep.

This also ensures you don't drive carelessly while trying your hardest to keep the vehicle alive so you don't have to pay such hefty recovery fees. As for the cops having free vehicles, they are really not even comparable to the Bullet and like I said earlier even civilians have access to slow vehicles, just pay attention to your surroundings and look at the minimap there is parked vehicles everywhere lol

Offline Ahsoka_Tano

• Respect: +17/-24
  • A wolf in disguise
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [TFLW]Alice
  • Discord name: WOLF#1193
  • Crew: Task Force Lone Wolf
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2024, 03:02:30 am »
The most overpowered car in-game is now properly expensive. Before the reset every second vehicle on the Road was a Bullet, it's good right now.
Nobody can escape their sins, everyone gets punished whether it takes a day or an eternity.
You can change who you are, but you cannot run from yourself.

Offline MW

• Respect: +4/-22
    • View Profile
  • Crew: 1337
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2024, 03:22:33 am »
No.TBH Mike should add Luxury taxes.Besides being taxed for having $5m+ in the bank acc (no one is depositing more than that),players should be taxed for their cars & houses too.Whats the point of the game if you earn some money,buy houses and then everything you earn just stays in your pocket.This is a reason why it is boring.There isnt the need to grind for money.
 Also,even life insurances would be a goos thing to be added.At least players would pay a fee to buy something besides guns and ammos.Die without life insuraces,lose a certain amount of money.Be broke (less than you can afford to pay taxes of house/cars),lose a property to the bank.

Offline x4x

• Respect: +12/-12
  • The Driver
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: x4x
  • Discord name: x4xsa
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2024, 12:11:00 pm »
Nowdays you can't use bullet for driveby because recovery is 90k, which is insane.

If this is indeed true, then it's too expensive. It happened to me like a million times to have a cop destroy my car for no reason (most of the times I was already jailed or innocent). Imagine multipling 1 mil with 90k.

Edit: As a donor, if you own a banshee it's like 9k to get it back which is 'decent'. The Banshee doesn't have a great handling but you get used to it and I find it price-drive-costs-speed ratio to be the best. You can also get it at a low level.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2024, 01:13:15 pm »
If you can't afford to own such an expensive car, then you shouldn't buy one. This gives a real reason to be annoyed when a vehicle gets destroyed. Replacing an exensive vehicle for pennies just makes no sense.

That being said:
- I didn't realise it was so high, this was not 100% intentional. Not to this extent at least.
- I will look at 'insurance' so you can pay x amount per game week or something, and recovery costs will be less.
- I would love to add a 'blame' system so if someone destroys your vehicle unfairly you won't pay for it, but it's simply not possible to make such a system be accurate in SA-MP.

Also it should be noted that donators currently get 50% off recovery fees, however I don't know how I feel about keeping this really. It may get nerfed or removed.
View trailers here.

Offline [RsA]Ikevoodoo

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +8/-7
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Ikevoodoo
  • Discord name: Axolotl
  • Crew: [RsA]
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2024, 03:09:36 pm »
If you can't afford to own such an expensive car, then you shouldn't buy one. This gives a real reason to be annoyed when a vehicle gets destroyed. Replacing an exensive vehicle for pennies just makes no sense.

That being said:
- I didn't realise it was so high, this was not 100% intentional. Not to this extent at least.
- I will look at 'insurance' so you can pay x amount per game week or something, and recovery costs will be less.
- I would love to add a 'blame' system so if someone destroys your vehicle unfairly you won't pay for it, but it's simply not possible to make such a system be accurate in SA-MP.

Also it should be noted that donators currently get 50% off recovery fees, however I don't know how I feel about keeping this really. It may get nerfed or removed.
i think we cant even maintain normal cars

Offline Mido

• Respect: +9/-22
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mido
  • Discord name: justmido
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2024, 03:05:58 pm »
+1, I'm with this.

Offline Ast

• Respect: +5/-12
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: zinasumoko
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2024, 04:23:58 pm »
+1 ( i'm fully agree with this..)

Offline Salem hassan

• Street Soldier
  • Respect: +4/-12
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Surya_
  • Crew: Fk u
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2024, 05:00:01 pm »
First cause reset on everything second increase price of vehicles third increase price for repair what a logic +1 and wat you expect when u get chased and agian and agian

Offline Ast

• Respect: +5/-12
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: zinasumoko
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2024, 05:24:18 pm »
First cause reset on everything second increase price of vehicles third increase price for repair what a logic +1 and wat you expect when u get chased and agian and agian
price of vehicles are already increased and no need to say anything about a repair.

Offline s1lentwS

• Respect: +1/-4
  • Ye Dharti Meri Maa Hai
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: s1lent
  • Discord name: pappu_pichkaari
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2024, 05:27:12 pm »
The main reason why the reset happened in the first place was because players had no incentive to play. This mostly derives from the fact we were all maxed out stats wise while having huge sums of cash with nothing to spend it on and as such it makes sense that not only do said stats get wiped, but the prices also see an increase to ensure this very thing doesn't happen again. Give it 2-3 weeks and you'll have more than enough money to sustain the Bullet you claim to be so expensive to keep.

This also ensures you don't drive carelessly while trying your hardest to keep the vehicle alive so you don't have to pay such hefty recovery fees. As for the cops having free vehicles, they are really not even comparable to the Bullet and like I said earlier even civilians have access to slow vehicles, just pay attention to your surroundings and look at the minimap there is parked vehicles everywhere lol

I dont think so there should be any more explanation regarding reducing the price of recovery of the vehicle.
Negative.