Poll

Would you like to see MCNR brought to FiveM?

Yes
7 (35%)
No
6 (30%)
Maybe
3 (15%)
My PC is too weak to play GTA V
4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: End of the Line: Reviving MCNR  (Read 686 times)

Offline WAP

• Respect: +20/-10
  • mike i've changed it 4 times now
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: WAP
End of the Line: Reviving MCNR
« on: November 11, 2023, 06:03:27 pm »

As I'm writing this, we have 30/100 players online, so MCNR is not dead. But, with the SA:MP master server disappearing, the existence of FiveM, and with GTA 6 incoming - it's certainly approaching. MCNR is one of a very few servers where you can tell the script has genuinely been created with proper care and attention, so it would be nice to see MCNR branch out before SA:MP actually does die out.

I've been checking out FiveM recently and it seems like MCNR would be perfect for it. There's also a lot of opportunity for monetisation - I won't include links, but look at any FiveM server and you'll see what I mean.

Now, Mike's a very busy guy and probably doesn't have the time for another project, but:
  • Lua seems easier than PAWNO.
  • MCNR has an existing development team that could help.
  • As Lua is "easy to learn" there's likely a wider pool of people that could assist.
  • I assume some code can be reused or at least referenced from MCNR.
  • The monetisation opportunity is unreal. Mike could make bank from expensive ranks/perks.
  • There aren't many CNR/PvE/PvP-type servers on FiveM, but they seem to be in demand. FiveM players tend to play one specific CnR server as the other CnR servers are shit - MCNR could fill that gap.

So, players of MCNR - would you like to see MCNR brought to FiveM?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2023, 06:06:43 pm by WAP »

Cyberbullying, racism, and homophobia is unacceptable in 2024. Please report users for saying n*gger and f*ggot to the internet police here.

Offline FugiTive.

• Banned
  • Respect: +2/-20
  • Silence is the best weapon in this cruel world!
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: FuGiTive (RIP)
  • Discord name: crystalz007
  • Crew: #SINGLE
Re: End of the Line: Reviving MCNR
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2023, 06:08:00 pm »
Why not, but l don't think so zat MIKE is going to do that, he is very busy with in rl..
Plus point: Half of the players aren't able to get FiveM...So i don't think so that'll happen.

My signatures won't be changed until my ban expires (05/5/2024)

Offline WAPs_Wife

• Respect: +1/-0
  • Buster
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: WAPs_Wife
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2023, 06:16:40 pm »
I think this is a very good idea and should be done!!!!

Offline Ralsei

• Banned
  • Weirdest Femboy 2022
  • Respect: +32/-164
  • герой
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Ralsei
  • Discord name: ralsiel
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2023, 06:16:45 pm »
FiveM has has CnR monopoly estabilished by ex-MCNR player sasino, there's no way you can beat that especially with that kind of management. I'd rather MCNR die naturally and be remembered as good server.

Offline WAP

• Respect: +20/-10
  • mike i've changed it 4 times now
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: WAP
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2023, 06:23:27 pm »
FiveM has has CnR monopoly estabilished by ex-MCNR player sasino, there's no way you can beat that especially with that kind of management. I'd rather MCNR die naturally and be remembered as good server.

Well, it's that server I'm specifically on about. I don't know much about sasino, but their community is toxic, staff protect their friends and punish people based on personal beliefs, people ban-baiting everywhere, and there's constant rule breaking despite tons of staff.

A decent CnR server, hosted by a server owner that isn't a tyrant, with consistent rules, proper moderation, and a good community could steal a lot of their player base.

Cyberbullying, racism, and homophobia is unacceptable in 2024. Please report users for saying n*gger and f*ggot to the internet police here.

Offline xgg

• Busta
  • Respect: +2/-5
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: xgg
  • Discord name: xiggi
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2023, 06:52:14 pm »
Maybe migrate to MTA?

Offline s1mple

• Original Gangster
  • Respect: +60/-51
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2023, 07:08:14 pm »
Maybe migrate to MTA?

lol, that's like migrating from samp to samp.

I also don't see the point in starting a FiveM server now, it feels too late with so much competition, and GTA 6 is just around the corner, ready to steal the spotlight.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2023, 07:11:16 pm by s1mple »

Offline puuro

• Best MCNR YouTuber 2023
  • Respect: +48/-80
  • Wu-Tang forever
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: aleksibob
  • Discord name: puuuro
  • Crew: Wu-Tang Clan
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2023, 08:43:33 pm »
I'd rather MCNR die naturally and be remembered as good server.

i agree. its better to let mcnr die peacefully when the time comes, instead of trying to keep kicking it forward like a dead dog.

same thing happened with sacnr and they handled the death of the server gracefully, hosting an event on the last day for rememberance, and good memories.

Offline x4x

• Respect: +12/-12
  • The Driver
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: x4x
  • Discord name: x4xsa
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2023, 06:23:08 pm »
Tbh GTA 5 will never have the charm of GTA SA. Played GTA Online a lot but never played FiveM and never will.

Online Mido

• Respect: +9/-22
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mido
  • Discord name: justmido
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2023, 02:02:12 am »
Well, some points. PAWN is great, yeah it's crap in terms of its limitations etc. But it's so fucking easy, lua is easy too but Mike is not considering it

(Ahm Ahm*)

And welp, I am sure not even 20% of the playerbase will even consider moving to GTAV. Also samp is gone yes. But while this is a sad news, it's yet another opportunity for omp to take over and breath a new life into this game we all love, they released a launcher a few days ago (FYI https://github.com/openmultiplayer/launcher/releases/) and they are working on a client now. open.mp server project kept getting updated, issues being fixed, new suggestions being added, and performance being enhanced so It's NOT DEAD.

Also an average of 60-80k players everyday, without a masterlist.

So I hope you get the point, this project will takeover and continue the legacy.