Author Topic: Pv getting reset  (Read 1650 times)

Offline Ravager

• Banned
  • Respect: +7/-86
  • fastest man alive
    • View Profile
Pv getting reset
« on: October 18, 2023, 07:08:08 pm »
What is your in-game name and account ID Corpse
- What happened exactly? My car got reset by itself
- What circumstances may have led to the issue? Can't say so
- Has anyone else experienced the issue? Don't know
- Can you replicate the issue? It happened to me 1st time don't know
- Can you provide us with step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce the issue ourselves? No
Will be adding videos as evidence

Offline Ardealul

• Respect: +17/-11
  • [color=white]Why can't we use colors here[/color]
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Ardealul
  • Discord name: arduel
Re: Pv getting reset
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2023, 08:05:57 pm »
We need at least a video with the last 10 minutes of your gameplay before quitting game before this happend(assuming you just logged in and you saw your car reset) and a video where you just login and you see your car reset.
If it reset in one session, we need the whole session of reset. Otherwise we can't replicate it and we will asume it's your client that did it.

Offline Ardealul

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2023, 08:08:27 pm »
Also, try to relog and check if they are back.

Andualem653

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2023, 04:09:44 am »
If possible i'd like to see the full video.

Offline Ardealul

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2023, 07:05:39 am »
How are we supose to replicate this with the information you provided? I told you what we need. Plus did you try to relog? Maybe the car settings package got lost and all you had to do was to relog. If the needed information is not provided I will invalidate this. Not losing my time trying to test something without information which can be a package loss. My neons disapeared when i had  bad internet at some point, when i saw it, i reloged and they were back on my car.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 07:09:48 am by Ardealul »

Offline Ardealul

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2023, 07:22:07 am »
Ok so, we don't need proof that you ain't lying. We belive you that for some reason you called /pv and your PV settings got lost, but we don't care about it. We care to be able to replicate it and not lose 6h testing it to come to the conclusion "oh, maybe it was just a package loss". So, you don't need to prove yourself, you need to give us valuable information in order to replicate the bug. That's why we keep invalidating your bugs. You wrote at some point "what were you doing? Eating lays", how can we use that information to replicate the bug? Do I need to eat lays so the bug also happens to me?

Offline overdoz

• Banned
  • rizzgod
  • Respect: +18/-30
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [wT]overdoz
  • Discord name: rizzlerdozz
  • Crew: Wu Tang forevaa
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2023, 07:23:20 am »
- What circumstances may have led to the issue? Can't say so
- Has anyone else experienced the issue? Don't know

Hello @Corpse ,

I wrote this on discord and I didn't know you weren't there so I'm writting it once again.

If you're going to report bugs in the way you do:
 -  What were you doing? Studying
 -  What were you doing? Eating lays
 -  What were you doing? Can't say so.
And not giving the proper evidence which helps us replicate it, I'd suggest you to not even try to report the bugs. If you ever read the instructions please follow the format and stop playing around. Take it serious, atleast when you're reporting a bug.
If we can't replicate it, Mike can't fix it. Which means you will keep getting 'PV reset' and you will keep losing money to buy vehicle mods.
So the video is not unlisted ill wait for an admin to respond this. You can see on this video and the actions he shows that he was killed by aventador and you and your friends were involved in killing ardealul. Which means your revenge has been already taken but still you somehow started shooting them even when they were running and wasnt shooting you. ill wait for admins to respond this appeal now
Goodluck

Offline Ardealul

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2023, 07:34:48 am »
https://mikescnr.com/forum/index.php/topic,18088.msg85620.html#msg85620

"Then put all things back except neons" - after relog you also had neons, right?

KSKSKSS

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2023, 07:35:06 am »
Hello @Corpse ,
I wrote this on discord and I didn't know you weren't there so I'm writing it once again.

His name is Corpse7 in Discord (I think?)

Andualem653

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2023, 08:02:04 am »
His name is Corpse7 in Discord (I think?)
unless he is multiaccounting both of them are different person

his discord account to this is the username "dead_786" and that account is not verified on mcnr discord
Corpse7's discord account is linked to this istats

KSKSKSS

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2023, 08:54:04 am »
his discord account to this is the username "dead_786" and that account is not verified on mcnr discord

ah my bad..

Offline overdoz

• Banned
  • rizzgod
  • Respect: +18/-30
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [wT]overdoz
  • Discord name: rizzlerdozz
  • Crew: Wu Tang forevaa
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2023, 09:41:03 am »
locking this topic completely coz i am not going to upload a fucking 60 min video which will take 4 hours to upload sorry for ur time loss from now on if i even get bugged or else ill try my best to not report that bug thx
regards:Corpse

We really appreciate you reporting bugs. We need more reports if a bug happens, but please do it the right way.

Thank you.
So the video is not unlisted ill wait for an admin to respond this. You can see on this video and the actions he shows that he was killed by aventador and you and your friends were involved in killing ardealul. Which means your revenge has been already taken but still you somehow started shooting them even when they were running and wasnt shooting you. ill wait for admins to respond this appeal now
Goodluck

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2023, 12:23:55 pm »
It's difficult to deal with rare edge case issues like this. If testers cannot replicate an issue, how are we supposed to investigate/fix it? If someone loses the neons on their PV once every 6 months, how are we supposed to replicate that and test/fix it?

I do wish people would stop blaming lag and packetloss for every single bug. The server controls everything, not the player. If a vehicle has neons and then suddenly doesn't, that's a server issue. The player doesn't keep track of if their PV has neons in the database... If they did, they would be able to hack them in...

Complex bugs like this have steps and/or specific circumstances that cause them. We need to find out what those steps and/or circumstances are.

Your report doesn't even explain the issue AT ALL:
- What happened exactly? My car got reset by itself
What the fuck does that even mean?
View trailers here.

Offline Ravager

• Banned
  • Respect: +7/-86
  • fastest man alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2023, 07:48:58 pm »
It's difficult to deal with rare edge case issues like this. If testers cannot replicate an issue, how are we supposed to investigate/fix it? If someone loses the neons on their PV once every 6 months, how are we supposed to replicate that and test/fix it?

I do wish people would stop blaming lag and packetloss for every single bug. The server controls everything, not the player. If a vehicle has neons and then suddenly doesn't, that's a server issue. The player doesn't keep track of if their PV has neons in the database... If they did, they would be able to hack them in...

Complex bugs like this have steps and/or specific circumstances that cause them. We need to find out what those steps and/or circumstances are.

Your report doesn't even explain the issue AT ALL:What the fuck does that even mean?
ok so u want me to write a whole essay starting from when i buy this car to when it happened?.i was using car before, than called my other car abondoned my (bullet bugged car)near sf hospital kill 30 cops and died 20 times at pd trying to complete my rev when i had enough i get out of pd called my car and boom it recalled like that. will that be enough for u guys or i write 100 words more essay that which guns i used in fight how many yards after i jump.and shit

KSKSKSS

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2023, 08:00:57 pm »
ok so u want me to write a whole essay starting from when i buy this car to when it happened?.i was using car before, than called my other car abondoned my (bullet bugged car)near sf hospital kill 30 cops and died 20 times at pd trying to complete my rev when i had enough i get out of pd called my car and boom it recalled like that. will that be enough for u guys or i write 100 words more essay that which guns i used in fight how many yards after i jump.and shit

Ngl essays do nothing compared to a video

Offline Jay_Dee

• Respect: +11/-0
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Jay_Dee
  • Discord name: Jay_Dee#5156
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2023, 08:13:59 pm »

Just a properly written bug report will do fine. If you need some help preparing a valid Bug report please take a look at reports others have posted and have a read about the information they supply to us. :)

Offline Ardealul

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2023, 12:20:16 am »

Your report doesn't even explain the issue AT ALL:What the fuck does that even mean?

Damn, I'm writing this on my phone and lost my entire reply. This has also happened to me before, where I lost my neon lights and car color. I relogged, and everything was fine afterward. I assumed it might be due to a packet loss, as I thought I lost the package containing my car's definition (I have no knowledge of how cars are saved and queried in the database). I'm unable to test if I receive no information, s-o I can't confirm the issue for developers to work on it. I know the server can fix everything but if you try to fix everything you will just have a laggy server.

Regarding the 'sometimes GRFF not working' issue, I spent six hours on it, but nothing happened. If the player doesn't provide real information, or the bug is not replicable after extensive testing with all available means, and only a very few people are experiencing it, I don't want to leave it open. I did move some bugs from 'invalid' to 'confirmed' after I received more information from users. However, SA-MP involves people playing with 5PL and 200ms in a 2004 game with various mods installed. I believe we can safely assume that sometimes the issue is related to ping or PL if we work our heads and we can't replicate it.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2023, 12:26:42 am by Ardealul »

Offline Jay_Dee

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2023, 10:02:29 am »

Also experienced this issue, have been trying to replicate it but happens so rarerly.  Note to self: Neons have automatic turn off depending on night/day and i didn't realize this until i did /neons and it then told me they were automatic.

But regarding mods being removed this only happened to me once and my vehicle was pretty smoking damaged so i went to pay'n'spray and after the black screen i was presented with no mods. Hydraulics and nos in my case. Doing /rpv then /pv returned my mods instantly. I don't suffer with PL or connection issues so can confirm that lag did not cause this issue for me.

Further testing underway.

Offline Jay_Dee

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2023, 10:18:46 pm »
I am moving this to INVALID. Reason: Lack of supporting evidence. This only happened to me once at a pay'n'spray a long time ago AND i am unable to replicate this issue. Also your Mods will return when you /RPV and /PV so they wont be lost forever.

If this happens again please provide the required info and evidence to help investigations.