Author Topic: Able to cause friendly fire with cops using grenades and sniper  (Read 787 times)

Offline WAP

• Respect: +20/-10
  • mike i've changed it 4 times now
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: WAP
Able to cause friendly fire with cops using grenades and sniper
« on: October 17, 2023, 07:52:19 pm »
- What is your in-game name and account ID (if known)? WAP
- What happened exactly? Messing about with Pop_Eye and [RTF]EGjunge. Launched grenades which caused health damage on Pop_Eye and killed. Shot with sniper (must not be close range) which caused damage. I then began recording.
- What circumstances may have led to the issue? Seems to be intermittent and no clear circumstances that lead to the bug
- Has anyone else experienced the issue? I think I have seen this before but never 100% confirmed due to other action going on
- Can you replicate the issue? Bug still remained after Pop_Eye died of grenade damage, as would still intermittently receive friendly fire damage. Unsure on how bug is replicated though.
- Can you provide us with step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce the issue ourselves? This only seems to work with grenades and sniper rifles, when the player is not immediately close
- If relevant, what was the time and date (GMT) of the issue? 2023-10-17 Approx. 00:56:08

0:44 showing damage from sniper:

Cyberbullying, racism, and homophobia is unacceptable in 2024. Please report users for saying n*gger and f*ggot to the internet police here.

Offline Jay_Dee

• Respect: +11/-0
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Jay_Dee
  • Discord name: Jay_Dee#5156
Re: Able to cause friendly fire with cops using grenades and sniper
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2023, 08:26:59 pm »
Hi @WAP to help us a little more can you tell me what was your $pl and $ping at the time this happened?

Offline WAP

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2023, 10:02:34 pm »
I didn't do $pl $ping during this time however 99% of the time I have a low ping (26~) and no packet loss.

I think Pop_Eye had a high ping. If I come across this again I'll check my pl/ping and ask the other player to, and will post back here.

Cyberbullying, racism, and homophobia is unacceptable in 2024. Please report users for saying n*gger and f*ggot to the internet police here.

Offline Jay_Dee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2023, 12:56:27 pm »
@WAP Please let me know when you are IG. We are struggling with replicating this issue. tried so many variable. forced Lag, simulated the worse connection ever to the point i could hardly join the game, literally tried all possible ways to simulate this issue with no luck. If possible when your IG me and you can try to simulate this issue again?

Offline WAP

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2023, 09:20:28 pm »
Sure, I'll DM you if I see you IG

Offline Jay_Dee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2023, 10:22:16 am »
hey @WAP What days and times do you usually play and what is your timezone please so i can be online when you are.

Offline WAP

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2023, 05:18:39 pm »
hey @WAP What days and times do you usually play and what is your timezone please so i can be online when you are.

We're in the same timezone but I'm on at weird times so if we're on at the same time I'll DM you. It's unlikely that I'll come on solely to try and troubleshoot this bug (sorry!) but if I'm already IG I'll be happy to help.

Offline Jay_Dee

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2023, 06:07:08 pm »
in your own time lol no rush. just want you to shoot me up like in the video for a cpl mins. you will be rewarded IG for the help dont worry.

Offline Jay_Dee

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2023, 04:32:40 pm »
I am moving this to Known Issues.

We are fully aware of this issue but replicating it is like 'finding a pin in a haystack'  Myself and Other testers have spent many hours trying to find the cause of this issue. At this moment we can only relate this to one thing when trying to debug it but making it happen enough to come to the root Cause is rare. If This happens again @WAP please try and get evidence and inform me over discord please.

Moved.

Offline Jay_Dee

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2023, 10:15:05 pm »
After a long long investigation into this. The actual cause is a shitty SA-MP bug. Also relates to the GRFF bug.

Moved to INVALID