Author Topic: 'This vehicle is being used for a mission and cannot be entered.' glitch  (Read 564 times)

Offline Hank_Montgomery

• Original Gangster
  • Respect: +51/-28
  • Bring 2000 vehicle armor health points back again!
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Hank_Montgomery
Date & Time of incident (UTC)24.08.2023
DetailsI just stopped to shoot some cop, but then I wasn't able to get into the car that I own with the 'This vehicle is being used for a mission and cannot be entered.' message appearing in the chat. I had to summon my other vehicle, but by that time I was dead. Can you fix this? It happens to me at least once a month or smth. Here's a 3 minute replay for investigation:
Evidence (Images/Videos etc.)4:56 - beginning of the clip
7:20 - the first attempt to get back into the car
7:32 - end of the clip
i=rVtUJ8K5off2VFJy

Online Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
Re: 'This vehicle is being used for a mission and cannot be entered.' glitch
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2023, 09:13:47 pm »
Wow ok, found two bugs for the price of one with this one.

The first bug I found was kinda unrelated, I don't think it could cause this problem. It just meant players could enter a mission vehicle that they weren't supposed to be able to - the stolen vehicle in the 'Stolen vehicle (parked)' cop job event.

The second bug - which caused your issue - was to do with the very same cop job event - 'Stolen vehicle (parked)'. When that mission starts, it picks a random parked car in the city to be the stolen one. Guess what it doesn't check? It didn't exclude personal vehicles ;_; Your vehicle was marked as being used by someone as part of that mission. The state never gets cleared until the vehicle is destroyed or gets respawned..

To verify this, I destroyed all vehicles and called my PV so it was the only vehicle for the script to choose, and guess what...

Fixed next update! Thanks.

EDIT: Make it three bugs for the price of one... it was also able to select vehicles in completely different virtual worlds... At one point it selected me the vehicle that drives up and down the street on the login screen ._.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2023, 09:19:34 pm by Mike »
View trailers here.