Author Topic: Assigning Kills for Car Explosions with Occupants - Improved Kill Attribution  (Read 733 times)

Rated 4 times

Offline Ardealul

• Respect: +17/-11
  • [color=white]Why can't we use colors here[/color]
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Ardealul
  • Discord name: arduel
Assigning Kills for Car Explosions with Occupants - Improved Kill Attribution
« on: August 23, 2023, 03:50:48 pm »
« Last Rated on: September 03, 2023, 10:08:34 am »
Faster Vehicle Explosions:
With the recent modifications to vehicle armor, cars now exhibit a quicker rate of explosion. In light of this change, it's prudent to reevaluate the way kills are assigned in instances where players perish due to vehicle detonations. My proposition is straightforward: assign the kill to the last player who inflicted damage on the vehicle before it erupted. This alteration would introduce a heightened level of authenticity and complexity to vehicle-based encounters.

Player Suicides: 
Another aspect of the kill attribution system pertains to instances where players take their own lives. In such cases, it is currently observed that no kills are attributed. My suggestion is to enhance the gameplay by designating the kill to the last player who was actively engaged with the player who committed suicide. This adjustment acknowledges the strategic impact of the preceding altercation and fairly rewards those who contributed to the decision.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
I fully agree with both of these. The server keeps track of who last attacked a player and when (and the same can be done for each vehicle), so no reason the kill can't be credited to the player that last attacked the vehicle.

The problem comes with reliability. If I shoot someone's car with a single bullet and do 1hp of damage, then they drive into a gas station (which I can't really detect), I'd end up crediting the guy that took 1hp from the vehicle with the kill...
View trailers here.

Offline Ardealul

• View Profile
I fully agree with both of these. The server keeps track of who last attacked a player and when (and the same can be done for each vehicle), so no reason the kill can't be credited to the player that last attacked the vehicle.

The problem comes with reliability. If I shoot someone's car with a single bullet and do 1hp of damage, then they drive into a gas station (which I can't really detect), I'd end up crediting the guy that took 1hp from the vehicle with the kill...

I have no idea what data you have access to, so these ideas were the first that came to my mind

Setting a Damage Threshold: One way to handle this situation could involve setting a certain threshold of damage before the kill attribution kicks in. This means only players who've dealt a substantial amount of damage to a vehicle would be considered for the kill credit when the explosion occurs. Minor dings wouldn't be factored into the equation.

Checking Proximity: Another approach could involve checking the proximity of players to the explosion site. If a player who caused damage to the vehicle is far away when it goes boom, they wouldn't be in the running for the kill attribution. This keeps things fair and avoids any unlikely scenarios.

Time Window for Damage: To avoid attributing kills to players who might have caused minuscule damage ages ago, you could introduce a time window. This means only players who've inflicted damage within a specific time frame leading up to the explosion would be considered for the kill. This helps ensure that the right players get the credit they deserve.

I think the 3 combined would be best.

Also, if a player enters a gas station with a car, it's their fault. Anyway, this case is much less common than a player committing suicide to avoid giving kills, in my opinion.

Offline puuro

• Best MCNR YouTuber 2023
  • Respect: +48/-80
  • Wu-Tang forever
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: aleksibob
  • Discord name: puuuro
  • Crew: Wu-Tang Clan
I have no idea what data you have access to, so these ideas were the first that came to my mind

Setting a Damage Threshold: One way to handle this situation could involve setting a certain threshold of damage before the kill attribution kicks in. This means only players who've dealt a substantial amount of damage to a vehicle would be considered for the kill credit when the explosion occurs. Minor dings wouldn't be factored into the equation.

Checking Proximity: Another approach could involve checking the proximity of players to the explosion site. If a player who caused damage to the vehicle is far away when it goes boom, they wouldn't be in the running for the kill attribution. This keeps things fair and avoids any unlikely scenarios.

Time Window for Damage: To avoid attributing kills to players who might have caused minuscule damage ages ago, you could introduce a time window. This means only players who've inflicted damage within a specific time frame leading up to the explosion would be considered for the kill. This helps ensure that the right players get the credit they deserve.

Also, if a player enters a gas station with a car, it's their fault. Anyway, this case is much less common than a player committing suicide to avoid giving kills, in my opinion.

chatgpt ass answwer

Offline Ardealul

• View Profile
chatgpt ass answwer
Ofc, i am a developer, i use it all the time for development questions. It gave me 7 suggestions but 4 were not practical for samp

Online Vicio

• Respect: +7/-7
  • Smoker
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Vicio
  • Discord name: ASAP_Bórquez#1607
chatgpt ass answwer
FR XD +1 to this suggestion btw

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2

Wow, you're like a breath of fresh air, someone who understands logic and how development works!
Do you have SA-MP/PAWN development experience, and if so in what capacity (any examples etc.)?
@Poeteul2
View trailers here.

Offline Moody

• Respect: +27/-18
  • Lazy guy
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Moody
  • Discord name: Moodygod
Wow, you're like a breath of fresh air, someone who understands logic and how development works!
Do you have SA-MP/PAWN development experience, and if so in what capacity (any examples etc.)?
@Poeteul2
he actually does and i know that 💀

Offline Ravager

• Banned
  • Respect: +7/-86
  • fastest man alive
    • View Profile
he actually does and i know that 💀
o chal aa

Offline BUSTCARL

• Street Soldier
  • Respect: +12/-2