Author Topic: obj not synced with gamble ability  (Read 989 times)

Offline Ei

• Respect: +7/-14
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [RsA]Unknown_1X
  • Discord name: unknown_1x
  • Crew: [RsA]
obj not synced with gamble ability
« on: August 16, 2023, 11:58:36 am »
somehow i was about to do obj and realized that i have obj called do 1 hand of video pocker and when i try to do it it says ablity is revoked by staff means obj can not be comepleted this bug have to be fixed it might result in some ppl losing streak of obj
Script: 038301f
Version: 1.15.3

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
Re: obj not synced with gamble ability
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2023, 11:09:43 am »
I'm not too sure how to handle this, and the wider gambling restriction crap. I am actually rethinking the whole 18+ prompt etc. because with that in place, if someone is 17 and gets given that daily objective, legally they aren't really supposed to gamble so they can't legally do the objective..

I either need to remove all that crap (shouldn't), or remove the gambling-related objectives entirely.
View trailers here.

Andualem653

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2023, 12:04:04 pm »
I'm not too sure how to handle this, and the wider gambling restriction crap. I am actually rethinking the whole 18+ prompt etc. because with that in place, if someone is 17 and gets given that daily objective, legally they aren't really supposed to gamble so they can't legally do the objective..

I either need to remove all that crap (shouldn't), or remove the gambling-related objectives entirely.
Just remove all the objectives related to gambling.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2023, 12:17:05 pm »
I have disabled any new issuing of those objects for now, until I figure out a solution.
View trailers here.

Andualem653

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2023, 05:53:15 pm »
All Gambling related objectives have been removed so this will be moved to Invalid Bugs.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2023, 07:47:38 am »
I'm moving this back to confirmed bugs because it's still a bug if I were to ever re-enable the objectives. I disabled the objectives because I'm not sure how to fix this easily yet.
View trailers here.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2024, 11:52:08 am »
Solution for this: When assigning new objectives, add the 'impossible' objectives to the query, to not select them (WHERE ObjectiveID NOT IN (list)).

Although also need to figure out what to do if objectives become unachievement after being assigned to a player. For example if a player hits their gambling limit for the day and didn't unlock their daily obj to play Blackjack, what do we do with that objective?
View trailers here.

Offline Ardealul

• Respect: +17/-11
  • [color=white]Why can't we use colors here[/color]
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Ardealul
  • Discord name: arduel
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2024, 12:01:02 pm »
Solution for this: When assigning new objectives, add the 'impossible' objectives to the query, to not select them (WHERE ObjectiveID NOT IN (list)).

Although also need to figure out what to do if objectives become unachievement after being assigned to a player. For example if a player hits their gambling limit for the day and didn't unlock their daily obj to play Blackjack, what do we do with that objective?

What about checking his gambling limit and gambling played before assigning gambling objectives