Author Topic: Regarding the number of onduty cops on the server  (Read 987 times)

Rated 6 times

Offline RavenGuard69

• Banned
  • Baller
  • Respect: +16/-60
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Bear
Regarding the number of onduty cops on the server
« on: August 04, 2023, 10:20:23 am »
« Last Rated on: August 07, 2023, 01:50:08 am »
lately, mcnr has gone to shit due to the amount of cops on-duty. it's become really boring and not fun to play since every player is going on duty as a cop as soon as they reach level 50.
there's even some people who haven't gone off duty in the past few months simply because they don't have the guts to go off duty knowing they'll be meeting the same fate that they reign upon criminals.
so everytime you try to commit a crime you'll be meeting a horde of cops in a sultan shooting you while you are not even a threat..
Every damn time you are met with 8 cops behind you. this problem is getting too annoying and making the server so boring.
Mike, i know you are really against a ratio system but you have to do something about this problem, otherwise your server will just die.
too many rule breaking cops which is also really annoying. reporting them does nothing. it just gives them a warning and they'll just keep doing the same shit over and over again until they are banned which by the time they do that you've probably took a break from the server. Reporting them doesnt give you enough satisfaction.
others may feel free to give their own suggestions/opinions.

Offline ARSHIA

• Respect: +14/-21
  • I was there when Jesus came down from the cross...
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: ARSHIA
  • Discord name: ARSHIA0133
  • Crew: Ex KoS Gangster
Re: Regarding the number of onduty cops on the server
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2023, 10:33:58 am »
Regarding the number of the cops, It had suggested I think two times one recently by me.
It just gets rejected..

Offline thomas_crosby

• Respect: +1/-0
  • Buster
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [T]Crosby
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2023, 05:16:18 pm »
Agree on ratio system.

Keep it under 40% cops.

Rated 4 times

Offline Cashewz

• Respect: +64/-43
  • vibe check
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Cashewz
  • Discord name: Cashewz#6666
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2023, 05:59:21 pm »
« Last Rated on: August 05, 2023, 02:59:19 am »
There's no way Mike will agree with the ratio system, however I do wanna propose a new rule and this will perfectly balance gameplay.

Enforce a new rule where cops aren't allowed to shoot at orange suspects AT ALL regardless of crimes (like store robberies, etc) with the exception of the suspects posing an obvious threat to cops like aiming guns at them. This will mean that suspects can actually try and avoid wanted level by having proper cop/suspect chases instead of being gunned down as usual (even whilst not being a threat at all) which is super boring and unbalanced, resulting in your car to be destroyed in a matter of seconds and then having 8 cops try and taze you where you just simply can't do anything at all. Most wanteds stay shoot on sight like it is right now.

Planes, boats, and swimmers can still be shot at aswell.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2023, 06:55:00 pm by Cashewz »

Offline DRAG0NFURY

• Banned
  • Respect: +39/-22
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: DRAG0NFURY
  • Discord name: lxtus0
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2023, 06:25:19 pm »
While we are here I'd like to give my 2 cents, getting rid of desk duty altogether would be a step towards the right direction as that's achieving absolutely nothing. The compensation for police imbalance should be sought elsewhere. Players should be free to play what they like so while I don't entirely agree with the ratio system, it seems to be the only way to go for the time being.

Reworking cops from the ground up would be another thing to look into that definitely wouldn't go astray.

Offline parisisnthuman

• Baller
  • Respect: +16/-60
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Loli
  • Crew: Kensho
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2023, 06:26:56 pm »
Enforce a new rule where cops aren't allowed to shoot at orange suspects AT ALL regardless of crimes (like store robberies, etc) with the exception of the suspects posing an obvious threat to cops like aiming guns at them.
i agree with cash on this. crimes which do not include other players in the process and dont give an instant 6star level should not be shoot on sight and there should be a coding change where crimes that are a threat to players/cops should give an instant 6star wanted level so theres a barrier between dangerous criminals and people who just want to normally do some npc related criminal activities on the server.
[T]ransgenders apply here!

Offline xev

• Banned
  • Respect: +41/-121
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: xev
  • Discord name: xev#4060
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2023, 06:58:03 pm »
While we are here I'd like to give my 2 cents, getting rid of desk duty altogether would be a step towards the right direction as that's achieving absolutely nothing. The compensation for police imbalance should be sought elsewhere.

it's hella buggy as well.

There's no way Mike will agree with the ratio system, however I do wanna propose a new rule and this will perfectly balance gameplay.

Enforce a new rule where cops aren't allowed to shoot at orange suspects AT ALL regardless of crimes (like store robberies, etc) with the exception of the suspects posing an obvious threat to cops like aiming guns at them. This will mean that suspects can actually try and avoid wanted level by having proper cop/suspect chases instead of being gunned down as usual (even whilst not being a threat at all) which is super boring and unbalanced, resulting in your car to be destroyed in a matter of seconds and then having 8 cops try and taze you where you just simply can't do anything at all. Most wanteds stay shoot on sight like it is right now.

Totally agree with this,
Orange suspects should only be arrested, despite of what their crimes are, to make it more easy weapon threats (wanted level) should be removed,
To separate most wanted criminals (vigilantes) from "robbers"(Orange suspect)

There can be additional rework in the wanted star color system which would point out who to chase and who to kill.
This will make it much easier for new players and even more for the staff as they wouldn't have to go through a thousand pages of action logs and crime to figure out who's guilty.

To be more specific

Orange Stars Criminals
-Rob as many stores as you want it'll grant you only 5 stars (Orange suspect) (Should only be arrested)
-Rob Other players, you get orange stars.(Orange suspect) (Should only be arrested)
-Cops shouldn't be able to shoot at (Orange suspect ) vehicle, they should use other ways of dismantling their vehicle once they do they should proceed to arrest them.

Most Wanted/ Red Vigilante Criminals
-Rob bank or do some other heist (hopefully in the future more heists will be added :Clueless:) will grant you 6 stars  (Most Wanted/Vigilante) (Can be killed by cops).
-Attacked a cop, instant 6 stars. (Most Wanted/Vigilante) (Can be killed by cops).
-Killed a cop, instant 6 stars.  (Most Wanted/Vigilante) (Can be killed by cops).

Rework in the Cops/Robber System is advocated
« Last Edit: August 04, 2023, 07:23:49 pm by xev »

Offline inferno.

• Respect: +4/-4
  • To be like The Sun, first burn like The Sun!
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: KurKure.
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2023, 07:21:59 pm »
I think level requirement for cop job should be increased, from level 50 to level 80, so that new players get more time to understand the rules of the server!

Offline puuro

• Best MCNR YouTuber 2023
  • Respect: +48/-80
  • Wu-Tang forever
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: aleksibob
  • Discord name: puuuro
  • Crew: Wu-Tang Clan
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2023, 07:28:52 pm »
+1 cant wait for this to get rejected

Offline Goldenman

• Banned
  • Respect: +14/-32
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Goldenman
  • Discord name: goldenboyi
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2023, 02:49:44 am »
it's hella buggy as well.

Totally agree with this,
Orange suspects should only be arrested, despite of what their crimes are, to make it more easy weapon threats (wanted level) should be removed,
To separate most wanted criminals (vigilantes) from "robbers"(Orange suspect)

There can be additional rework in the wanted star color system which would point out who to chase and who to kill.
This will make it much easier for new players and even more for the staff as they wouldn't have to go through a thousand pages of action logs and crime to figure out who's guilty.

To be more specific

Orange Stars Criminals
-Rob as many stores as you want it'll grant you only 5 stars (Orange suspect) (Should only be arrested)
-Rob Other players, you get orange stars.(Orange suspect) (Should only be arrested)
-Cops shouldn't be able to shoot at (Orange suspect ) vehicle, they should use other ways of dismantling their vehicle once they do they should proceed to arrest them.

Most Wanted/ Red Vigilante Criminals
-Rob bank or do some other heist (hopefully in the future more heists will be added :Clueless:) will grant you 6 stars  (Most Wanted/Vigilante) (Can be killed by cops).
-Attacked a cop, instant 6 stars. (Most Wanted/Vigilante) (Can be killed by cops).
-Killed a cop, instant 6 stars.  (Most Wanted/Vigilante) (Can be killed by cops).

Rework in the Cops/Robber System is advocated
you just typed art.

this change almost solves 9 out of 10 of the issues.

KSKSKSS

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2023, 03:00:13 am »

Planes, boats, and swimmers can still be shot at aswell.

agreed. if this gets implemented, id probably join as civ again 💀

they should use other ways of dismantling their vehicle once they do they should proceed to arrest them.

well they should start shooting if the passengers start a drive-by.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2023, 03:04:25 am by Veteran950 »

Offline xev

• Banned
  • Respect: +41/-121
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: xev
  • Discord name: xev#4060
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2023, 07:16:01 am »
well they should start shooting if the passengers start a drive-by.

Yeah no shit mr obvious, they'll be receiving an instant 6 stars wanted level (Most Wanted) if they "attack/shoot" at cops, doesn't matter whether they do it on foot or inside the car (db mode)

Removal of the WEAPON THREAT feature is a MUST, now I know you have a lot of questions about why it should be in the first place

-The whole point of this suggestion is to balance things up and make the cop job easier and simple if you keep the weapon threat system and someones aim at the Cashier/NPC for robbing the
 store it'll be registered as a "weapons threat" in their crimes and then cops would have to go through crimes again to check if they can kill the suspect or not, it'll be the same as it is now.
 This also includes aiming at civ.

-Aiming at cops should be a totally different thing in my opinion it should grant you an instant 6 stars (most wanted killable suspect) now I know most of you think it's absurd which you
 already thought before when the weapons threat feature was newly implemented as sometimes player mistakenly aims at cops/civ but come on you gotta be real here, there's always going to
 be ups and downs for both cops and criminals, to simply this further

Aims at Civ:

Aims at Clerk/Cashier:

Aims at NPC:

Aims at Cops:

-We Need to separate Orange Suspect (Non-lethal) from the Most Wanted/Vigilante Suspect (Lethal)
 Orange Suspect (Shall Be Arrested Only)
 Most Wanted/Vigilante Suspect (To Be Killed On Sight)

-In Addition, Weapons Threat doesn't work that well sometimes because of players' terrible lag and sync issues in the server, sometimes if you aim at the wall and
 if there's a cop standing nearby, you'll be surely receiving wanted stars. I'm sure most of you have already experienced this issue or similar.

Offline Hobgoblin

• Respect: +2/-20
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Hobgoblin
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2023, 12:12:37 pm »
lately, mcnr has gone to shit due to the amount of cops on-duty. it's become really boring and not fun to play since every player is going on duty as a cop as soon as they reach level 50.
there's even some people who haven't gone off duty in the past few months simply because they don't have the guts to go off duty knowing they'll be meeting the same fate that they reign upon criminals.
so everytime you try to commit a crime you'll be meeting a horde of cops in a sultan shooting you while you are not even a threat..
Every damn time you are met with 8 cops behind you. this problem is getting too annoying and making the server so boring.
Mike, i know you are really against a ratio system but you have to do something about this problem, otherwise your server will just die.
too many rule breaking cops which is also really annoying. reporting them does nothing. it just gives them a warning and they'll just keep doing the same shit over and over again until they are banned which by the time they do that you've probably took a break from the server. Reporting them doesnt give you enough satisfaction.
others may feel free to give their own suggestions/opinions.

Depend of day or hours, yesterday  there were only 4 cops and more than 10 most wanted players.

Offline basedSkeleton

• Street Soldier
  • Respect: +2/-18
  • Do not accept checks from this man.
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: basedSkeleton
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2023, 07:07:02 am »
Mike will never add this, so you just have to log on as a cop when the server's mostly cops if you want to have any fun playing the server.

Andualem653

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2023, 02:17:14 pm »
Mike will never add this, so you just have to log on as a cop when the server's mostly cops if you want to have any fun playing the server.
Can you please explain to me that which fun can you have if there is 40 players online 28 cops, 4 medics and 8 civils online that can barely rob any store because 8 or more cops will be chasing a poor 2 star wanted guy
« Last Edit: August 06, 2023, 02:24:21 pm by Andualem »

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2023, 04:18:51 pm »
I see no suggestion here, just whining..
View trailers here.