Author Topic: making the gameplay less tedious and slow paced  (Read 1910 times)

Offline DRAG0NFURY

• Banned
  • Respect: +39/-22
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: DRAG0NFURY
  • Discord name: lxtus0
Re: making the gameplay less tedious and slow paced
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2023, 05:10:07 pm »
*inhale*
I don't know if you're referring to specific dialogs, but that's literally how dialogs work in SA-MP....

The small box system is more elegant and allows movement, if you walk too far from the place where you are getting a certain service from the dialogue box closes automatically. I understand that it may not be appealing to you but as you can tell people who replied on my post agree with me. With all due respect, I really suggest you to keep a healthy balance between what the players want and what you genuinely like because while it is your server and you can do what you want you aren't trying to please yourself as much as you are trying to please the players with the updates.

This was added to balance the fact that criminals have to waste time in jail as a result of 'losing' to cops, yet cops can't seem to 'lose'. This was a big complaint from players. What else could we make cops do for a couple of minutes? Wash their balls in the showers?

They aren't actual cops, they are players. Like everyone else. They don't have ADHD and could use a simple 1-2 minute break if the class is that unbalanced. I suppose implementing a system where in case of an unfair cop to warrant ratio the respawn timer is applied, wouldn't be bad. Besides I really don't see the point behind police stacking 10k+ ammo on every weapon and not having to visit ammu nation or police dept for a refill like ever. We should also lose weapons just like criminals upon death and with the new update where you can retrieve your weapons for a fee at the reception on PD theres literally 0 need to visit ammu nation for either class apart from buying armor. Not only does this change/revert increase ammu nation relevancy but this also ensures players dont hoard on money excessively. I really don't understand how cops are unbalanced they are perfectly fine in my eyes however this would be better than spamming space, ask anyone.

It make no logical sense. Police officers don't go up to the reception desk and suddenly change outfit. This was for realism. You're making a big issue out of walking 5 steps.

It is a basic thing in every game you play. It's to hide things loading, it looks nice. Again, you're complaining about something very insignificant.

It really doesn't look nice. Again, like I mentioned several times in the post its the small things that really make the difference. Realism should be applied where its due and in these cases its absolutely irrelevant. Doing an extra 5 steps is no issue of course but there's also 0 meaning behind it. There was nothing wrong with the way it was before. Very unnecessary change. The "loading screens" take simply more time than they should, so speeding them up or just straight up removing them would be excellent. I'm not demanding this server becomes the next CSGO however speeding a few things up wouldn't cost you anything and would increase overall happiness around the community. You may think my takes are rather stupid but trust me I can distinguish a good game from a bad game as I've got tons of hours on different titles ranging from FPS shooters to MOBA to RTS to slow paced single player games and while your server is definitely not bad it could definitely use a little bit of speed ups. Time is insanely precious for a lot of folks and cutting down on some slightly time consuming processes here and there could really make a difference.

CBCNR's 'dialog' system is horrendous. Getting players to type in numbers to select things is terrible UX. Allowing players to run around with a menu on their screen is equally as bizzare. Have you ever played any games that aren't SA-MP? Tell me another game that has a menu where players have to type in numbers to select things.

You may beg to differ but his server was probably the number 1 CnR server. Apart from a few flaws on management and player combating I could seriously try for hours to find other issues without success. This is not to lower the value of your work put into the server but rather to point out the fact that while you may not find something appealing its the right way to go. Besides the technology is very limited in a game that wasn't even intended to be MP. CB could have also been unhappy with the solution however seeing as he didn't have much choice that could have been the most appealing option to go with. Being stuck with a large menu in front of your face that blocks movement is problematic. What if someone is attacking me while I'm trying to repair my car or simply get armor? I have to click close and respond to whatever threats are before me which means more than half my armor is gone by that time. With your movement unblocked you can just leave whatever you were doing and instantly respond with little to no armor or HP gone.(this is just an example)

Finally, you make a valid point. I know more robberies are needed.

The server is branded as CnR, if the robbers have no purpose the server also loses purpose. This should be your number 1 priority. I also believe the economy needs a revamp so that players don't have infinite money as they therefore lose the incentive to rob.

Features like this make the game more interesting and challenging. It's not just for realism purposes. It's also functional -- you can't just go on a cop chase indefinitely, you realise you're going to run out of fuel and this creates another factor to think about.
You missed my point, its not about having to stop at a gas station its about having players do less work to get refueled. Parking your car right next to the station and holding still should be all it takes.

This is not Call of Duty. Every game does not have to be super fast-paced to work. Have you ever played single-player GTA SA? Do you think that's fast-paced? Because it's not.

Yes, I've played it so many times I've lost count and like I said above the game was never intended to be multiplayer however if you are willing to add multiplayer you need to make the game fast paced if you want it to further see success. The goal on SP is to unlock the campaign and because there are no other players involved, with you being the only one, you really don't have to worry about whats going on around you. With MP however, your environment is insanely dynamic - 1 second you are refilling armor the very next second you are being shot at. SP and MP are insanely different in every game and GTA SA is no different.

Since you brought up Call Of Duty I'd like to make a comparison. The SP on the game is also slow paced, you progress slowly and its a lot more focused on the story, characters, plot and so forth. Its main focus is not to test your skills (though you can do that by increasing difficulty) but rather to entertain you. Think of it like a movie where you are also participating, you also have to interract with fellow characters or shoot the NPCS. Everyone can do that, which goes to show that the SP is purely meant for slow paced entertainment. The MP is a whole different story, in COD the MP has gamemodes to choose from with each and everyone of them not lasting for longer than 15-30 minutes that is because people don't have the nerves to go on for entire hours just to finish a game of MP. MP is A LOT more fast paced knowing theres not going to be just 1 player but rather a few in one lobby. Theres also the competition factor which applies in every game. While its true that these are just games theres a big number of players myself included, enjoy a little bit of competition. I can assure you thats the case for your server as well, people like being good at what they do and videogames are no exception. Allowing a bit of room to increase competition between players also increases overall satisfaction and a good way to do that would be to increase the pace at which the game is played. Like I said earlier, I'm not demanding this to be the next CSGO but a few QoL changes would definitely make a lot of people happy (as seen by the number of people agreeing with me in this post).

In the time it took you to write this post which you know 99% of I won't agree with or action, you could have walked from the PD reception to the locker room about 500 times.

You are being stubborn and impolite, I'm representing what the community wants and what I genuinely feel like they need. I'd appreciate you to at least have the decency to not "get bored reading" the words of a community veteran with pretty healthy takes as that also reflects how much you care about the server.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2023, 07:54:21 pm by nxy »

KSKSKSS

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2023, 05:52:18 pm »
Trust me I'd much rather wait a respawn timer than spam space but I can see where you're coming from.

Use mouse scroll for sprinting, ez.

Offline aydin

• Banned
  • Respect: +4/-58
  • Christ is Lord
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: aydin
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2023, 07:10:04 pm »
+1 i agree

Offline Myself117

• Banned
  • Enforcer
  • Respect: +4/-15
  • Lez go
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Myself117
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2023, 07:20:12 am »
You are being stubborn and impolite, I'm representing what the community wants and what I genuinely feel like they need. I'd appreciate you to at least have the decency to not "get bored reading" the words of a community veteran with pretty healthy takes as that also reflects how much you care about the server.

@nxy I don’t know you, but you seem like a good player, so I’ll help the situation.

Stubborn and impolite? I think that’s a bit of a stretch, it’s more of an attitude with strong passion…
Easier to see when not directed at me, I get that…

But yeah he read everything, including the last two lines of the suggestion he omitted.

That’s it folks, if you want more visit good quality entertainment:
https://mikescnr.com/forum/index.php/topic,16051.msg76427.html#new

BTW @nxy I strongly disagree with the last part of the suggestion mainly for the reason you provided :/

Offline DRAG0NFURY

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2023, 01:40:25 pm »
@nxy I don’t know you, but you seem like a good player, so I’ll help the situation.

Stubborn and impolite? I think that’s a bit of a stretch, it’s more of an attitude with strong passion…
Easier to see when not directed at me, I get that…

But yeah he read everything, including the last two lines of the suggestion he omitted.

That’s it folks, if you want more visit good quality entertainment:
https://mikescnr.com/forum/index.php/topic,16051.msg76427.html#new

BTW @nxy I strongly disagree with the last part of the suggestion mainly for the reason you provided :/

I try to maintain respect towards everyone but I mean when the owner himself gets bored reading elaborate suggestions that actually make sense instead of the usual 2 sentence suggestions he is used to reading from other players, I really don't know what to say. I tried.

Also, mind you that everyone who replied here agrees with me meaning that while Mike doesn't like my ideas, players do - which also means they aren't as useless as he thinks.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 05:58:02 pm by nxy »

Offline Ahsoka_Tano

• Respect: +17/-24
  • A wolf in disguise
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [TFLW]Alice
  • Discord name: WOLF#1193
  • Crew: Task Force Lone Wolf
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2023, 02:17:06 pm »
I don't agree with your ideas, at least not in most cases.

Police desk job was there to prevent people from respawning very often as police officers, this works in a certain way to not force police officers to blindly attack criminals but rather use "tactics". (quotations)
Refueling is good as it is; it's not Arma 3 and it's a good way to force you out of your vehicle for some time.
Fade in Fade out screens have been a thing since the beginning. In GTA V there are short cutscenes when leaving or entering buildings; I suppose this is here to imitate the animations.

It's a game with some RP elements, but just because it's a game doesn't mean we need to play it like Counter Strike (fast-paced and quick). Mike wants to put it in a way where you can roleplay but also actively participate in deathmatching, and if people keep repeating the same sentences, which will turn the server into something that Mike does not want the server to become, it gets boring to read. For now, it fits both sides; however, certain people who just DM want it to be one-sided, so for people like ME who like to do little roleplay like putting up a checkpoint or using swat vans or police helicopters to deploy swat operators, it's already hard as it is.

Hey shitposters.. you have a history of multiple infractions and bans for inappropriate behaviour, yet you still disrespect the staff team and the owners in any way you can when you are not satisfied with the result even when you are given multiple chances to improve, you are still the same... If it were up to me, you would be gone by now and would be sucking off the manager just to enter the server.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 02:26:02 pm by Ahsoka_Tano »
Nobody can escape their sins, everyone gets punished whether it takes a day or an eternity.
You can change who you are, but you cannot run from yourself.

Offline DRAG0NFURY

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2023, 02:26:33 pm »
I don't agree with your ideas, atleast not in most cases.

Police desk job was there to prevent people from respawning very often as police officers, this works in a certain way as to not force police officers to blindly attack criminals but rather use "tactics". (quotations)
Fueling is good as it is, it's not arma 3 and it's a good way to force you out of your vehicle for some time.
Fade in Fade out screens have been a thing since the beginning. In GTA V there are short cutscenes when leaving/entering buildings, i suppose this is here to immitate the animations.

It's a game with some RP elements, just because its a game doesnt mean we need to play it like it's counter strike... (fast paced and quick). Mike wants to put it in a way where you can roleplay but also actively participate in deathmatching and if people repeat the same thing which Mike does not want the server to become it gets boring to read. For now it fits both sides, however certain people who just dm want it to be one sided, so for people like ME who like to little roleplay like putting up a checkpoint or using swat vans/police helicopters to deploy swat operators it's already hard as it is.

Hey shitposters.. you have a history of multiple infractions and bans for inappropriate behaviour yet you still disrespect the staff team and the owners in any way you can when you are not satisfied with the result even when you are given multiple chances to improve, you are still the same... if it was up to me, you would be gone by now and would be sucking off the manager just to enter the server

I dont understand what you mean by "boring to read". And I like how both of you emphasize on my idea of speeding up the gameplay as if im demanding it to be the next CSGO which is not the case. Speeding up a few things is all I'm asking which is definitely nowhere close to me asking for the server to be turned into super fast paced action.

The server is branded as CnR and not RP, while some RP features arent bad the server is full of them making it a lot more RP oriented than CnR oriented. My suggestions are guaranteed to bring new players in as well as old ones but of course I'm just a player and have 0 say in anything so its just pointless to keep discussing I guess.

I speak for everyone when I say that RESPAWN TIMERS are better than desk duty.
Fade in/Fade outs take way too much time and while they may look smooth in GTA V which by the way, is far more modern than this game, they simply don't work here - at least not for me.
Being forced out of your vehicle does literally nothing and is pointless, in real life I guess you could use that as an argument for lazy people to put them in motion but in a game this doesn't make much sense.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 02:46:23 pm by nxy »