Author Topic: Locksmithing skill  (Read 664 times)

Not rated

Offline WAP

• Respect: +20/-10
  • mike i've changed it 4 times now
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: WAP
Locksmithing skill
« on: May 18, 2023, 02:53:00 am »
I propose a new skill to MCNR that can be levelled up: Locksmithing. This is intended to be a balanced feature that can be used by both criminal and police jobs.

This will allow players to:
* Reduce the probability of a failed jail breakout attempt (from both inside and outside)
* Reduce the time required to break into a car
* Reduce the probability of a failed house break-in
* Increase (criminals)/reduce (police) the probability of breaking out of handcuffs
* Increase the chance to break into a house without an alarm going off
* Increase the time before notifying the police that a safe is being robbed
* New crime: Going Equipped ((1) Caught breaking into X, (2) whilst carrying a Locksmithing Kit, (3) in the vicinity of police)

Purchasable items:
* Lock pick - Required to break in/out of things - Levelling reduces probability of lock pick breaking - May carry more with a kit
* Locksmithing kit - Required to carry several lock picks - Levelling increases amount of picks that can be stored
* Big Red Key/Battering Ram (Police) - Will be good for the upcoming arms dealer system (if illegal job) and if a drugs system were ever implemented.

Rank 10:
* Ability to install a Reinforced Door - Heavily increase time required to break into house

This is an unfinished suggestion that requires more thought, but I would like to get a feel for how the developers and players feel about this before putting more effort in. Likewise, please provide your thoughts and suggestions to expand this idea.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 05:45:37 am by WAP »

Cyberbullying, racism, and homophobia is unacceptable in 2024. Please report users for saying n*gger and f*ggot to the internet police here.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
Re: Locksmithing skill
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2023, 07:03:47 pm »
I do plan to add 'skills' in some way. Without copying CBCNR...

I'm thinking of having a 'stats' system like single-player, with driving skill etc. but MCNR-specific like carjacking skill, jailbreak skill etc. and the more you do things the better you get at them. And maybe you can somehow 'train' these skills for a cost, idk
View trailers here.

Offline WAP

• Respect: +20/-10
  • mike i've changed it 4 times now
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: WAP
Re: Locksmithing skill
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2023, 09:38:42 pm »
I do plan to add 'skills' in some way. Without copying CBCNR...

I'm thinking of having a 'stats' system like single-player, with driving skill etc. but MCNR-specific like carjacking skill, jailbreak skill etc. and the more you do things the better you get at them. And maybe you can somehow 'train' these skills for a cost, idk

😍

Surprised nobody else posted on this yet, are several different skills in the works or just locksmithing?

Cyberbullying, racism, and homophobia is unacceptable in 2024. Please report users for saying n*gger and f*ggot to the internet police here.