Author Topic: Re-balance the servers economy!  (Read 1999 times)

Rated 1 time

Offline Solid

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +7/-9
  • Dua Lipa <3
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Solid
  • Discord name: Solid#3859
Re-balance the servers economy!
« on: December 02, 2019, 12:31:15 pm »
« Last Rated on: September 18, 2020, 12:44:15 pm »
The server really requires a economy re-balancing. The current ways of spending money are way too cheap and/or useless (or they limit you in other ways).

There are currently 5 ways of spending (or reducing) money:
1) Property
2) Transport
3) Weaponry
4) Useful/Useless items from stores etc.
5) Wealth Tax

1) Property
A player can own up to 5 properties at any given time. You are unable to sell your housing to the server, so the only people able to buy it off you are other players. The highest amount a house can go for is $1'500'000 and those are few of the Richman houses in LS. Yet the 1.5M price can only be set by players, by default most of the expensive houses cost from 500k-1.3M. At the moment of writing this, most of those houses have been already bought and won't be for sale any time soon, since the players that own them are quite active.
Once you have purchased a house, you can upgrade it with various small things such as a safe and better security as well as insurance. If you can buy a house for upwards of 100k, the prices of these upgrades are pretty much nothing, since they range from around 1k-9k.

2) Transport
Currently the only type of transport you can get is land transport AKA cars and motorcycles. These vehicles can cost up to 140k which is the most expensive car, the Infernus. The money for the cars isn't really all that hard to get, but the levels are, since, for example, the infernus requires level 99 to be able to purchase it. The thing is by the time someone is level 99 they can purchase 10+ infernuses. (Assuming they didn't waste their money on dumb shit)
Cars are super cheap compared to the levels of when you unlock them and how they overall perform. Even the level 35 Banshee can outrun 80% of cop vehicles and it's only 40k.

3) Weaponry
Weapons are quite decently priced compared to their unlock levels and use. The income of both cops and criminals matches quite well. Usually you can live quite a long while just by buying 2k worth of UZI ammo and some armor (or find it in the cities if you know where to look). In situational times you might wanna get a sniper or an M4.

4) Useful/Useless items from stores etc.
This section includes random items such as condoms from sex shops, bats etc. These items cost next to nothing and most of the time are absolutely useless.

5) Wealth Tax
So wealth tax only starts to show up on your paydays after you have 1 million. At this point your tax is around 5k, but since you have so much money in the bank you also get around 2-3k in interest, so you only pay around 2-3k in taxes per million you have, which is almost nothing. You can make 3k in robbing like 3-5 stores in a matter of minutes. At one point I had 3 or 4 mil in the bank and I paid around 15k in taxes, which as I've said before can easily be made back in a matter of minutes.

That's pretty much it. People run around with tens of millions of dollars since there's no real place to invest it in, houses have a cap and aren't all that useful, cars have a limit and are dirt cheap. There's cash coming in the server faster then it can be spent. Please check this out and think about it seriously.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 04:06:35 pm by Solid »

Offline Treba

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +32/-78
  • Buster
    • View Profile
Re: Re-balance the servers economy!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 03:42:38 pm »
Kinda agree.
Please stop +REP'ing me. I already know I'm most authoritative here

Offline _.please_delete

• ℙ𝕣𝕖𝕕𝕤𝕖𝕕𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕝' ℝ𝕖𝕕 𝔸𝕣𝕞𝕪
  • Original Gangster
  • Respect: +108/-73
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [RA]Alex184
  • Discord name: J.Alex#5103
  • Crew: Founder of Ex [RA] Red Army Crew
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 03:45:54 pm »
+1 ig
 “We must not allow other people’s limited perceptions to define us.”

Offline M3E6

• Respect: +52/-78
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: M3E6
  • Discord name: M3E6#5742
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 07:40:17 pm »
Agreed.

Perhaps the cost of items/upgrades for the house could be based on the value of the home?

Also the civilian jobs need a rebalance to make them all on the same playing field, right now nothing except securicar mission on civ side is worth doing for any reason.

Long Haul pays crap for teh amount of time you spend doing it. Sweeper and garbage man pay like garbage as well.

The "race" missions are pretty obscure and kind of boring as well, not really a point in doing it when you can go rob the bank and get 5-30k easy.

The useless items need to be given purpose. Perhaps boost the STD transmission rate for prostitute job to give condoms purpose? and make it worthwhile for somebody to do prostitute other than mess around.

Mechanic job also needs fixing and an overhaul price wise.

Wealth tax can be charged on income made during the time between paydays perhaps? this will allow large money balances to be maintained but less income over time which might help curb the ridiculous amount of money flowing into the economy with nothing to get it back out.

Maybe add decorations/props you can put in your houses? can be really expensive to give players a cash sink. Maybe let players sell these props to each other, transfer ownership?

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2019, 12:31:25 am »
All Solid ideas I think. See what I did there?

I’ll try and set time aside for a big rebalance. I also need to find things to add for people to spend their cash on - ideas?
View trailers here.

Offline Solid

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +7/-9
  • Dua Lipa <3
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Solid
  • Discord name: Solid#3859
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2019, 04:58:53 pm »
Things you can increase in price or just add to spend cash on:

1) Make vehicles more expensive and add planes/helis possibly, but not all. Also boats would be useful sometimes.
2) Make it so you can turn your normal vehicle in a police vehicle for a certain amount of money, but after that it won't be usable as a civilian vehicle.
3) Definitely increase wealth tax.
4) Fix the safes as I mentioned before in your dm's. Go check if you have forgotten.
5) Businesses!!! Cost a lot and can produce money slowly, increases if people buy things in it!
6) Lower the amount of money that can be obtained from places such as banks and increase the civ job awards so they all get evened out.
7) Possibly add drugs that can be bought from dealers for money. I think this was suggested already.
8) Nerf fishing. It's too profitable and gives too much score.
9) Some kind of player made street races that people could place money in to win.
10) That betting shop that has been saying "WILL BE IMPLOMENTED SOON"
11) Cops have the ability to spawn any cop vehicle in at will, set a small price of like 1k per spawn, or set a checkpoint at their garage where they can spawn any cop car for a price. Might be useful.
12) Ask money to train on the shooting range. Kind of doesn't make sense that you get paid for wasting the businesses ammo and using their weapons.
13) Let prostitutes set their own price from a minimum to a maximum set by the server.
14) I kind of would suggest making banks harder to rob, since at this point in time I've seen 4 criminals easily robbing a bank versus 6 cops. And like decent ones not complete beginners. I think it might be a tiny bit too easy.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 03:11:28 pm by Mike »

Offline shavejs

• Busta
  • Respect: +0/-0
  • Buster
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Taet_Led_LV
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2019, 12:26:12 am »
Not detectable on radar for some time for some nice money
Very expensive tank rent
Expensive one time Jetpack use/rent