Author Topic: Cop proximity detection.  (Read 1087 times)

Rated 12 times

Offline Karbz

• Respect: +131/-38
  • Former Operations Manager
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Karbz
Cop proximity detection.
« on: December 04, 2022, 07:59:33 am »
« Last Rated on: February 13, 2023, 04:30:14 pm »
Currently upon committing any type of crime whether it's robbery, murder, grand theft auto, or anything in between players are given a wanted level even if no cops were actually around to witness the incident taking place. In scenarios like robbing a 24/7, or any shop that uses an interior the 'clerk' could press the silent alarm or ring the cops after the player leaves the building.  This should give the player 3 stars upon leaving the building.

Yet crimes that happen outside, such as robbing the little food vendors they should gain at minimum 1 star since they've got no way of actually notifying the cops unless other vendor stalls are around the stall you're deciding to rob.  Also brings my next crime - Murder, players who commit murder should not be given a wanted level as high as they do unless cops are present in the vicinity. I'm not sure what the perfect distance radius would be, but becoming most wanted for murdering someone in grove street doesn't make sense when all cops are in SF or even the other side of LS- You should either get away with the murder,  or allow cops to pull over innocent players and perform 'random vehicle searches' where a 'murder weapon' could be found which would give the player a wanted 6 star wanted level.

I'm thinking if there is a cop within 200m to 500m of a player, the player should gain a wanted level as such,  but if the distance is any greater either no wanted level should be given, or minimal level at that.

Discuss below

@Charlie

Waiting for all cop players to complain criminals already have too much of an advantage

Offline s1mple

• Original Gangster
  • Respect: +60/-52
    • View Profile
Re: Cop proximity detection.
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2022, 08:28:47 am »
Overall good suggestion but I think the distance can be increased a bit.

Offline xxzc1g

• Respect: +17/-87
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Clink
  • Discord name: xxzc1g#5269
  • Crew: none
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2022, 08:37:05 am »
I think thats a good suggestion

it doesnt give advantages to criminals it just makes the game more realistic

And it gonna make cops spread around the city to caught criminals doing crimes rather than camping at pd waiting for crimes
allow cops to pull over innocent players and perform 'random vehicle searches' where a 'murder weapon' could be found which would give the player a wanted 6 star wanted level.

And maybe u can get away with it in 5 mins if no cop asked u to pull over

But what if the cops pulled u over and u didnt stop ?
Ik some answers will be u get a wanted level but this gonna be abused by cops cuz its just a waste of time for anyone tbh

My suggestion on this is making the /crimes cmd works with distance too, if u get near the cop with in 300m or 400m and the cop check ur /crimes ur new crimes should appear to him and u get a wanted level (if its possible)
Or make it if cops checked ur /crimes u instantly  get wanted (cops gonna keep checking everyone’s crimes and spam the cmd)

Offline Ralsei

• Banned
  • Weirdest Femboy 2022
  • Respect: +32/-165
  • герой
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Ralsei
  • Discord name: ralsiel
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2022, 08:45:25 am »
Yes

Offline punisher

• Respect: +24/-84
  • Buster
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: phonk
  • Crew: not needed
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2022, 12:10:56 pm »
or allow cops to pull over innocent players and perform 'random vehicle searches' where a 'murder weapon' could be found which would give the player a wanted 6 star wanted level.
everything u said above is good
but this pull over thingy aint it i think.. So ur saying that cops will be able to pull me over.. search my car and if they found the "murder weapon" ill instantly get mw.. meaning they are able to shoot me on sight.. if theres only 1 cop on me then its fine but what happens when 6 cops just randomly search my shit and found it.. ill just be a sitting duck waiting to get fucked. id say to not put this "pull over" thingy and ur suggestion will be perfect
or maybe im just overcomplicating things..
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 12:14:11 pm by punisher »

Offline typtics

• Respect: +63/-128
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2022, 12:21:58 pm »
Sure thing, why not? besides that'd would be a great idea though. +1

Offline hatz

• Respect: +5/-1
  • pOztEriZed
    • View Profile
  • Discord name: kise#7777
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2022, 11:31:47 am »
that's actually a good suggestion it will avoid you getting 10v1 or get hunted by 30 hungry cops. The cop responsible in arresting/hunting you should be the one near to you
« Last Edit: December 10, 2022, 11:39:33 am by Kise_PizzaBoy »

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2023, 12:07:29 am »
My thoughts are: pretend there's NPC peds everywhere - they are the ones calling the cops.
View trailers here.

Offline Astro

• Original Gangster
  • Respect: +27/-29
  • Шутер сум во скуадот бејби викај ме Бекам!!
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Astronaut
  • Discord name: Panter#8103
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2023, 04:17:26 pm »
My thoughts are: pretend there's NPC peds everywhere - they are the ones calling the cops.
if they are on the street they aint no snitch so pretending that the peds are calling the police= snitches get stitches