Author Topic: /dropweapon to lose weapons actually  (Read 3271 times)

Offline _.please_delete

• ℙ𝕣𝕖𝕕𝕤𝕖𝕕𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕝' ℝ𝕖𝕕 𝔸𝕣𝕞𝕪
  • Original Gangster
  • Respect: +108/-73
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [RA]Alex184
  • Discord name: J.Alex#5103
  • Crew: Founder of Ex [RA] Red Army Crew
/dropweapon to lose weapons actually
« on: November 23, 2019, 10:54:48 am »
so my friend "V3NOM" needed a sniper rifle 50 ammo and when i dropped it no one  could pick it up and that made me waste my ammo  :-\

[attachment deleted by admin]
 “We must not allow other people’s limited perceptions to define us.”

Offline _.please_delete

• ℙ𝕣𝕖𝕕𝕤𝕖𝕕𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕝' ℝ𝕖𝕕 𝔸𝕣𝕞𝕪
  • Original Gangster
    • View Profile
Re: /dropweapon to lose weapons actually
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2019, 12:02:53 pm »
and sometimes when iam in an interior and i drop a weapon i lose ammo and find my self didnt drop anything. just like discard

Offline M3E6

• Respect: +52/-78
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: M3E6
  • Discord name: M3E6#5742
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2019, 03:09:08 pm »
This seems to be a problem in interiors, not just with weapons but all pickup items such as money bags from bank robbing as well. You either can't pick it up/collect or it simply doesn't spawn or disappears.

Offline _.please_delete

• ℙ𝕣𝕖𝕕𝕤𝕖𝕕𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕝' ℝ𝕖𝕕 𝔸𝕣𝕞𝕪
  • Original Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 04:38:51 pm »
In interiors it doesnt spawn my ammo just decrease. But outside the dropped gun by /dropweapon spawns. But cant be picked up

Offline M3E6

• Respect: +52/-78
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: M3E6
  • Discord name: M3E6#5742
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2019, 05:01:31 pm »
Looking into it a bit more, assuming Mike is using createPickup SA-MP scripting command, the pickups don't spawn if the X or Y coordinate is lower or higher than 4096 or -4096. Since interiors spawn in the sky or under the ground, they might be affected by this....

https://wiki.sa-mp.com/wiki/CreatePickup

Offline _.please_delete

• ℙ𝕣𝕖𝕕𝕤𝕖𝕕𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕝' ℝ𝕖𝕕 𝔸𝕣𝕞𝕪
  • Original Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2019, 06:09:24 pm »
Ye I got it. Still this need to be repaired.dont forget about the throwing weapon exterior bug

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2019, 09:14:06 pm »
Looking into it a bit more, assuming Mike is using createPickup SA-MP scripting command, the pickups don't spawn if the X or Y coordinate is lower or higher than 4096 or -4096. Since interiors spawn in the sky or under the ground, they might be affected by this....

https://wiki.sa-mp.com/wiki/CreatePickup
X and Y coordinates are East/West and North/South respectively. Interiors are in the center of the map at a height of around 1000 so still within limits.

I’ve not seen this issue reported before I’ll have to do some investigating. Pickups should work fine in interiors. Note that the pickup is created in front of you so if you’re facing a wall it will be created outside the interior. Face an empty space.
View trailers here.

Offline _.please_delete

• ℙ𝕣𝕖𝕕𝕤𝕖𝕕𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕝' ℝ𝕖𝕕 𝔸𝕣𝕞𝕪
  • Original Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2019, 09:24:00 pm »
I did this but still. The weapons sometimes doesnt spawn.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2020, 03:22:56 pm »
Can you please tell me if you are using SA-MP 0.3.7 R4? I think Kye has broken something in regards to pickups. They fall through the fucking floor..

To clarify I believe there are two issues in one here. The first issue is that pickups appear but cannot be collected. I'm pretty sure this is a script bug but I haven't been able to replicate this issue in the sterile test server environment.

The second issue is a pickup not appearing at all. They sometimes fall through the ground. The two situations I have observed this in are in interiors, where the pickup falls through the floor down to the ground below (1000 meters down), and the next issue is when it falls through an object to water below, such as on a bridge over water.

The second issue I can do absolutely nothing about as it's a SA-MP issue. I don't control the pickups, I just tell the server where to place them and it tells me when someone picks it up. I have no control past that.

EDIT: Ok so it turns out my script was getting the 'true ground position' to create the pickup on. In interiors the height of the ground will be down below. This is the issue. I have removed this code so it now just creates a weapon pickup in front of you wherever you are no need to get the ground position. This will be fixed in 1.4.5. Not sure about issue #1 though (being unable to collect a dropped weapon). Will have to do some more testing for that one.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 04:05:53 pm by Mike »
View trailers here.

Offline _.please_delete

• ℙ𝕣𝕖𝕕𝕤𝕖𝕕𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕝' ℝ𝕖𝕕 𝔸𝕣𝕞𝕪
  • Original Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2020, 05:35:54 pm »
Can you please tell me if you are using SA-MP 0.3.7 R4? I think Kye has broken something in regards to pickups. They fall through the fucking floor..

To clarify I believe there are two issues in one here. The first issue is that pickups appear but cannot be collected. I'm pretty sure this is a script bug but I haven't been able to replicate this issue in the sterile test server environment.

The second issue is a pickup not appearing at all. They sometimes fall through the ground. The two situations I have observed this in are in interiors, where the pickup falls through the floor down to the ground below (1000 meters down), and the next issue is when it falls through an object to water below, such as on a bridge over water.

The second issue I can do absolutely nothing about as it's a SA-MP issue. I don't control the pickups, I just tell the server where to place them and it tells me when someone picks it up. I have no control past that.

EDIT: Ok so it turns out my script was getting the 'true ground position' to create the pickup on. In interiors the height of the ground will be down below. This is the issue. I have removed this code so it now just creates a weapon pickup in front of you wherever you are no need to get the ground position. This will be fixed in 1.4.5. Not sure about issue #1 though (being unable to collect a dropped weapon). Will have to do some more testing for that one.
Apperciate your efforts :)
The bug I encountered is that the weapon is dropped. And I can see it. But you cant pick it up, you just fixed a main bug about when the dropped weapon doesnt appear but the other bug is that you cant pick it up.
Maybe it's another issue in the script and it may be issosciated with the new protocol of that a civilian cant pickup a weapon from a cop,

Good luck in fixing it and once I come back to the server I will return as a bug reporter and send you further information if I experienced this again or any other bug  :D

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2020, 11:09:16 pm »
it may be issosciated with the new protocol of that a civilian cant pickup a weapon from a cop
I completely forgot that was a thing. Perhaps that is where the issue lies. I’ll add a message stating ‘you cannot pick up a weapon dropped by a cop’ if one isn’t already there.
View trailers here.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2020, 11:57:34 am »
I'm not sure whether or not the 'unable to pick up' issue is fixed in 1.4.5. I have added a testing command /lastpickup for debugging purposes. If anyone experiences this issue of not being able to pick up a weapon pickup, please immediately type /lastpickup and post the chat message here so I can see. Treba reported that sometimes going into a weapon pickup will trigger a keypad to appear in the bottom-right corner like so:

Again, if this happens type /lastpickup and show the chat message here.
View trailers here.