Author Topic: Increasing Cop Payout Is Actually A GOOD Idea. Let me explain  (Read 837 times)

Rated 2 times

Offline Hank_Montgomery

• Original Gangster
  • Respect: +51/-28
  • Bring 2000 vehicle armor health points back again!
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Hank_Montgomery
Increasing Cop Payout Is Actually A GOOD Idea. Let me explain
« on: November 14, 2022, 11:20:10 pm »
« Last Rated on: November 15, 2022, 08:02:25 pm »
So I just a clip today of a cop chasing a suspect, and the cop was getting paid $500 every 30 seconds. That made me come up with a suggestion.

It would be much better if the payout was scalable. What I mean is let the amount of money paid increase every 30 seconds or 1 minute of a chase.
For example, the first 30 seconds into the chase you are paid $100, in next 30 secs you are paid $200, then $300 and so on until it caps at around $1000 when you are 10 minutes into the chase or so. Or you could decrease it to $50 every 30 seconds. And you can tie it to the multiplier of the rank this cop has. This is the formula you can use to pay them, where R is the cop's rank and A is 30 seconds spree (like 1st 30 seconds, 2nd, 3rd, etc):

$100 + $10 * R * A = Payout

Examples:
1) The cop of 2nd rank follows a suspect. In the first 30 seconds the payout is $120  because R=2 and A=1. If they are following the suspect for 10 minutes, on the 10th minute they will get $500 because R=2 and A=20.
2) The cop of 10th rank follows a suspect. In the third 30 seconds the payout is $400 because R=10 and A=3. If they are following the suspect for 600 seconds, on the 10th minute they will get $2100 because R=10 and A=20.

Of course you can tweak the formula and add/replace/remove paramaters in it to get the desired results. Also, if some of them will be getting paid more, you could let them lose money if they die during the chase, but that probably deserves another suggestion.

Why this suggestion is a good idea:
1) Increased session times since the returns keep on giving and give you that dopamine boost every 30 seconds, unlike now when there are diminishing returns of $500 and the cop has to waste ammo shooting and/or lose their vehicle (more on that later);
2) More motivation to come to the server to play again;
3) This could could be intertwined with other suggestions (more on that later);
4) Probably easier to make it work than other suggestions, but it's up to developers' assessment.

What suggestions and features could this suggestion be intertwined with?
1) Police officers finally losing money by dying while chasing suspects and having to buy all of the equipment again with their money making them more accountable, making the cops acquire that gambling mindset of winning vs losing, risk assessment, teaches them responsibility. AFAIK cops aren't charged anything after dying, which is a huge mistake imo.
2) Making acquire a police rank more difficult (again more motivation with the new payout system).
3) Increase the amount of money that can be stolen with /rob
4) Charging high-ranked police officers every time they decide to use a Seasparrow and/or Rustler.

I'd like to have other players engage in the conversation here under this post. What do you think? Is it a good or bad suggestion and why? What could be changed? What else could be applied to it? What other features and suggestions can supplement each other with this suggestion?

Offline punisher

• Respect: +24/-82
  • Buster
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: phonk
  • Crew: not needed
Re: Increasing Cop Payout Is Actually A GOOD Idea. Let me explain
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2022, 11:24:53 pm »
i dont mind to be honest.. but i think people are gonna abuse it
for example people who were camping in area 69.. i was flying around with a rustler and i gained around 20k by just doing that.
its a 50/50 for me

Offline Hank_Montgomery

• Original Gangster
  • Respect: +51/-28
  • Bring 2000 vehicle armor health points back again!
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Hank_Montgomery
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2022, 11:30:12 pm »
i dont mind to be honest.. but i think people are gonna abuse it
for example people who were camping in area 69.. i was flying around with a rustler and i gained around 20k by just doing that.
its a 50/50 for me

Hmm, maybe the range within which a person is considered to be chased by a cop should be shrunk

Offline BehindYou

• Respect: +9/-11
  • Buster
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: boomdata
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2022, 12:11:31 am »
The main area of concern is that money is a big factor, you think from a criminal mindset that robbing banks, robbing players, robbing vaults etc has value to gameplay however meaning the amount is ridiculously low and not enough to supplement the average criminal expenses. The expenses are things like your bail time, reclaim confiscated ammo bill, calling flares, modification to vehicle armour, tyres, and all other necessary repairs. The equation amount just utterly outweighs the money gained when being a criminal that's why your right with the expenses being lowered/balanced out. Realistically speaking it should just be super cheap and equal for every civilian.

Practically speaking in order for this to even work there has to be a mature balance between cops and robbers because it makes no sense having few cops against thousand of criminals, this would just weaken the defense mechanism of a cop resulting in rage quit and a defeat mindset.

Honestly don't think cop having to pay for the expenses would make sense because end of the day players choose to become a cop cause it's free and everything given is zero cost. That's why they enjoy the benefits of unlimited spawn, cheap ammo, call any car you want and even medical expenses paid by the public.

The ranking system does not make sense too me because I understand that if you want a cop to rank up to new levels, let's say new abilities to do certain new things sure why not as this would encourage cops to rank up a new style system of your choice.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 12:20:25 am by BehindYou »

Offline legend

• legend himself
  • Original Gangster
  • Respect: +145/-185
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: saz.1337
  • Discord name: MLGERROR#8473
  • Crew: 1337WESTMOB
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2022, 01:00:56 am »
add med fees to cop, then ill agree

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2023, 07:19:23 pm »
I like the thought that's gone into this.
View trailers here.

Offline Scav

• Banned
  • Respect: +6/-47
  • me with the dogs
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Scav
  • Discord name: scav.566
  • Crew: oG
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2023, 07:23:55 pm »
after a year but okay
Reminder if you get mocked/insulted by a Albanian, please respect them and I apologize if I hurted any Albanian in past.