Author Topic: [M]The swat class[M]  (Read 2017 times)

Not rated

Offline Yolown

• Busta
  • Respect: +3/-3
  • You Only Live Once
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Yolown
[M]The swat class[M]
« on: November 20, 2019, 05:58:20 pm »
The Swat Class
I would like to bring back a fundamental point that touches all of us players
Many players are complaining after the last update where the swat class has undergone various changes
and seen from my point of view this change is really bad, some vehicles have been removed like: the''rhino''/''hydra''and other vehicles
also because many people like me struggled to rank up and to be able to use these types of vehicles that I reported on
I would like this post to be considered to improve an important class for us cops
Peace ;) ;) ;)

Offline Solid

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +7/-9
  • Dua Lipa <3
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Solid
  • Discord name: Solid#3859
Re: [M]The swat class[M]
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 12:03:24 pm »
So, that whole huge picture was really unneeded.
Originally, I wanted to bring up this type of discussion as well.

I personally am a rank 10 cop as well. I enjoy playing cop from time to time, one thing that I really wanted to do is fly the Sea Sparrow helicopter that has a gun on it.
From my experience neither the airplane 'nor the sea sparrow are too op for cops in terms of damage. Yet there is one issue, that I don't know how the server could combat.
Cops have it too good in terms of mobility. They have all these planes, helis, super fast cars w/o needing to place a lot of work in.
A good example was when me and my friend were fighting Clara (the admin girl, who likes to play cop alot).
Me and my friend were both 6 stars wanted. Clara chased us with the shooting airplane and jumped out. We had a battle with her at Flint Intersection. We barely won, both with low hp. I instantly got in my Banshee after that and headed straight to the neared LS Hospital. And by the time we got there, she was back again with another airplane. She spawned at Fort Carson and just took a random car to Area 69 and got a plane there. She got back with full armor and weapons in like under 1 minute or so.

This isn't suspicious, but what I'm trying to say is that she can 'reset' super quickly, while us criminals just have to fight endless waves of cops w/o the ability to get our health, armor or ammo back inbetween fights. It's unreal.
So I think the worst thing you can do, is give them helis that can one shot and can't be stopped pretty much. I'd like to fly a hydra myself, but it would just be too unfair.

Offline Giorno

• Busta
  • Respect: +0/-0
  • Buster
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Giorno
  • Discord name: Kinazura#0803
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2019, 12:45:54 pm »
I personally think that cops SHOULD have the upper hand in mobility and general damage, since it's harder to chase than to run in my opinion. Seasparrows and Rustlers are perfectly fine and aren't that easy to use anyway, but Rhinos, Hydras, or the big attack helicopter is just way too much and is borderline BS. Since there is only one class of criminal that police are allowed to actually kill, and you don't get to Most Wanted that often, bringing out the big guns is unecessary.

Offline Kool

• Respect: +5/-0
  • Stay'n Kool
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Kool
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2019, 02:57:20 pm »
Quite frankly, for me, Rhinos/Hydras/Hunters are never ideal in a CnR server. Currently the cops are living their best lives, cheap arsenal, spike strips and road blocks, not to mention a cop car that you could spawn instantly while civs have to wait for their Personal Vehicle to arrive. If you're thinking of adding a new class to the Law Enforcement, I think it should have something exceptional and something that you can only use/do using that specific class (e.g the Sea sparrow), but not something too extraordinary and unbalanced like overpowered vehicles that civs have no chance facing against.

Offline MrAz18485

• Respect: +12/-6
  • Gone.
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Henry_Oaks
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2019, 04:12:53 pm »
Hydra is not overpowered,Hunter is not overpowered.But the tank is overpowered.I used all of these vehicles,only tank was the one which needed a nerf.Now,most of the cops struggle because of the criminals.I've seen 4 criminals in a sultan,shooting at cops.It's the "Tank of the Criminals" which makes the criminal class overpowered.In my opinion,the removal of the Hydra/Hunter is because of the saltiness of the criminals which is unfair against cop classes.

Regards
MrAz18485

Offline Kool

• Respect: +5/-0
  • Stay'n Kool
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Kool
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2019, 04:28:03 pm »
Hydra is not overpowered,Hunter is not overpowered.But the tank is overpowered.I used all of these vehicles,only tank was the one which needed a nerf.Now,most of the cops struggle because of the criminals.I've seen 4 criminals in a sultan,shooting at cops.It's the "Tank of the Criminals" which makes the criminal class overpowered.In my opinion,the removal of the Hydra/Hunter is because of the saltiness of the criminals which is unfair against cop classes.

Regards
MrAz18485

The hydra is considered as one of the fastest in the list of the aerial vehicles. I would stand no chance trying to get away from this vehicle as a warrant even on a vehicle because of its.. well, signature 'lock' mechanism.

The hunter has something already similar to a minigun which could literally pulverize you in seconds. Additionally, its rockets that would melt you, even your car within again, even faster than how its minigun would do. Its speed is not slow especially when used right.

Plus, a very obvious point is that all of the 3 aforementioned vehicles have rockets or an area of effect effectability. Which means, everyone else near the vehicle or person you're trying to target will get affected too, even cops. I accidentally shot a gas tank which instantly killed 2 cops which were chasing the vehicle, what more harm could rockets do?

''Tank of the Criminals'' or are these people just teaming? I don't think you can complain about this especially when what they're doing is not only limited to them, unlike Hydra, Hunter, and Rhino only accessible to the cop class. 4 warrants in a sultan is not overpowered, when you can do the same as a cop.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2019, 10:35:31 am »
I’ve explained countless times why the Hydra, Hunter and Rhino have been removed.

http://mikescnr.com/forum/index.php/topic,509.msg4236.html#msg4236
View trailers here.