Author Topic: Helped with friend's car, his car add-ons instead applied to mine  (Read 1356 times)

Offline Giorno

• Busta
  • Respect: +0/-0
  • Buster
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Giorno
  • Discord name: Kinazura#0803
 Your in-game name: Giorno

- What happened?
 So, here's the story. My friend just bought a Club and I bought an Euros car at the Los Santos dealership. The TransFender garage didn't work for him apparently, so I offered to fix his car up instead of him. He gave me some cash and I went in, installed him a hood scoop, a spoiler, 10x Nitrous, and I think that was about it. Also colored it black. He drove away with it, and later on told me that his decals/new parts didn't stick with his car and that it might have something to do with the fact that I installed it instead of him. Later on, me and my other friend tried out the car spawning thing after sending it away to the garage. I spawned mine back to myself, and a couple of errors appeared on the screen(something about opcode, I'm no expert). I got to the car, and it seems like the decals I bought for my first friend's car(the Club) transferred to my car(the Euros). I'm pretty sure this was the case because Euros doesn't allow for almost any changes to it besides the couple basic ones, and I'm sure I bought new wheels and NO nitrous.

In the screenshots you will see that I have both the hood scoop, the 10x Nitrous, and the spoiler, on a car that doesn't allow for most of those things, which you can also see in one of the screenshots. The color didn't translate though, since I remember coloring mine white and his black, so the color stuck to my car. Also, it seems like only some of the car add-ons apply from car to car, since I also installed some Vents on his car, and those didn't apply to mine.

Hopefully this helps you in figuring out the bug, unless this is an intentional thing(which I doubt). I personally wouldn't have made much of a fuss about it if it didn't bother me, and I'm not about to sell my car to buy it back again since that's some big money for someone who just started a couple days ago.

- Is this a reoccurring issue? Has it happened to you or others before?
 I honestly have no clue, it seems like this is the first time.

- Please provide steps for us to reproduce the issue ourselves, if possible.
 1. Take another player's car and mod it
 2. Send your car away, and then bring it back with the menu when holding Y
 3. Voila.
(this method is not tested and I can't guarantee you will recreate the bug, however this is what I assumed will recreate this particular bug.)

- Images and videos:
 https://ibb.co/album/jsi53v
 (in case this doesn't work, please tell me so I can reupload it)

- Date and time of incident if known: Today, around 8:00 PM.

On a side note, I was sent by the admin active then to post this bug.

Offline Giorno

• Busta
  • Respect: +0/-0
  • Buster
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Giorno
  • Discord name: Kinazura#0803
Re: Helped with friend's car, his car add-ons instead applied to mine
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 09:55:10 pm »
I'd also like to add that it seems like a lot of crashes have been happening recently and this only started when I started using my bugged car. Both me and a couple friends are now getting crashes, which seems unrelated, but most often the crash is when a player's draw distance just loaded the car. Would love this to get fixed. Good luck.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 10:33:07 pm »
Never considered players modding each other’s vehicles! I will make it save to the proper vehicle. As for the crashing, update 1.4 fixes incompatible mods being able to be applied to vehicles so it will just not load them.
View trailers here.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 02:39:03 pm »
This is fixed in the next update (1.4.1). Thanks for reporting so accurately!
View trailers here.