Author Topic: Firefighter Improvements  (Read 929 times)

silentmoe

Firefighter Improvements
« on: December 08, 2022, 03:05:10 pm »
Hello all.

I really like the firefighter job, but I think the following changes should be made:

.Increase job/callout frequency - there is a long cooldown between each job, and the payout for each one is quite small. This leads to a lot of waiting around. Reduce the cooldown timer between jobs, and increase the amount of ongoing events at any given time to keep firefighters busy. With such low pay, it at least means that firefighters can incrementally earn more than just a few thousand every 20 minutes, similar to police officers.

Job diversity - The firefighter essentially has the same type of skills as a medic, but I believe that the firefighter should do more than just put out fires. They should rescue cats from trees, perform CPR on victims (NPCs) clean up debris, burst pipes etc... Things that firefighters already do in real life.

Job linking - As it stands the firefighter role is barely linked with other classes. Cops will catch people for crimes they commit so they will always have something to do and crims will always look for ways to earn money. I believe that certain crimes and jobs should create a job for firefighters:

.Vehicle explosions during or after police chase
.Setting fire to a traschan/building/dumpster (please give crims the opportunity to do this for money.)
.Using a satchel charge in a bank robbery
.Crop burning missions

Medical aid - Chasing somebody across the map to heal them is not really fun. They usually don't know you're coming unless you tell them and most times they are too far away or won't wait. I think it is a lot better if firefighters stick to doing the fire work than medical work. I imagine some players will want changes to the medic to make it more lucrative.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Offline Life

• Banned
  • Respect: +2/-0
  • Best Firefighter, Worker Of The Month
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [L]ife
  • Discord name: [L]ife#2488
Re: Firefighter Improvements
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2023, 06:17:29 am »
+1 i really like this idea i also love the firefighter job and my goal is to reach rank 10 on all jobs(firefighter,cop,medic).

Offline franklyn

• Respect: +10/-56
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: franklyn
  • Discord name: franklyn#8867
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2023, 10:10:22 am »
+1..  Good one

Offline WAP

• Respect: +20/-10
  • mike i've changed it 4 times now
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: WAP
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2023, 07:00:49 pm »
Those are some great ideas!

I think it is a lot better if firefighters stick to doing the fire work than medical work.

Agreed. When I was a new player it was very confusing having firefighters chase me down to heal me, wasn't sure what they wanted. The firefighter job would need to have more activities before removing/nerfing healing though.

Cyberbullying, racism, and homophobia is unacceptable in 2024. Please report users for saying n*gger and f*ggot to the internet police here.

Offline Dan

• Respect: +324/-39
  • They Saw The Dan ... They Ran 💨
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Dan
  • Discord name: illlDaN#6065
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2023, 11:39:59 pm »
Good ideas indeed but i would like the healing part to stay as it is

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2023, 10:18:40 pm »
I do like this idea of more interaction between players. Cops and medics have lots of interaction with other players but firefighters not so much.

In 1.15 there will be the ability to light campfires. I have made it so firefighters can extinguish these for XP. I’d like to add more things like this but can’t think of anything else really. I suppose an arson mission (payphone mission perhaps) which could then trigger a job event?
View trailers here.

Offline WAP

• Respect: +20/-10
  • mike i've changed it 4 times now
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: WAP
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2023, 08:59:37 am »
I do like this idea of more interaction between players. Cops and medics have lots of interaction with other players but firefighters not so much.

In 1.15 there will be the ability to light campfires. I have made it so firefighters can extinguish these for XP. I’d like to add more things like this but can’t think of anything else really. I suppose an arson mission (payphone mission perhaps) which could then trigger a job event?

As there is a drug system planned, this could be used in conjunction with firefighters:

Players could use a Journey to make meth, and if players make a mistake in the process then an explosion happens and a chemical fire needs to be extinguished. Same goes for The Loco Syndicate Crack Factory and Big Smoke's Crack Palace.

Cyberbullying, racism, and homophobia is unacceptable in 2024. Please report users for saying n*gger and f*ggot to the internet police here.