Author Topic: atm card skimmer????  (Read 797 times)

Rated 3 times

Offline M3E6

• Respect: +52/-78
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: M3E6
  • Discord name: M3E6#5742
atm card skimmer????
« on: August 07, 2022, 10:38:15 pm »
« Last Rated on: August 08, 2022, 05:43:38 pm »
Was wondering of ways to make money in bank a little less safe...

maybe we can have card skimmers you can get from hideout or sketchy npcs around that will let you place it on an ATM then if somebody uses it (perhaps without checking it first???) you can steal a portion of their money??? maybe a hacking minigame to go with it????

There has to be some way to mitigate your loss, or to get revenge on the person that put the skimmer on............. but how...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 10:42:21 pm by M3E6 »

Offline Dudesdog

• Smoke Weed Everyday
  • Respect: +129/-12
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Dudesdog
  • Discord name: Dudesdog#6216
  • Crew: 77 - Continental Crew
Re: atm card skimmer????
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2022, 01:03:32 am »
Good suggestion. There would need to be things in place though (max number of skimmers you can buy and how long do they last… if it’s while you’re logged in on a certain session you could make tons of cash I’m sure.. looking at you @ssk). What would be the cost of this? Can more than one be used at a time? Looking forward to seeing others chime in, it’s a cool idea that would be a different money maker as well…

How do you get wanted level from this? (Only if cops are around or what?)

Edit: typo
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 01:08:12 am by Dudesdog »

Offline M3E6

• Respect: +52/-78
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: M3E6
  • Discord name: M3E6#5742
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2022, 01:13:59 am »
I was thinking you do a hacking minigame with arrows to put it on the machine within a certain time, if you take too long the machine blows up and sets off an alarm and gives you a wanted level. If you succeed then I  guess the skimmer would only be good for one use??? but then what is the point, and do we create money out of nowhere or let you steal the victims money? how much do we let you steal? do we give a wanted level or tell people that you skimmed the atm??

Maybe you can 'check' the atm for a skimmer before you use it but also requires a minigame pressing the arrows? ppl might forget or be lazy and take the chance  they could lose a bit of money
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 01:16:03 am by M3E6 »

Offline Behemoth

• Respect: +18/-25
  • 🦅
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Behemoth
  • Discord name: Behemoth#1559
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2022, 03:35:27 am »
Was wondering of ways to make money in bank a little less safe...

maybe we can have card skimmers you can get from hideout or sketchy npcs around that will let you place it on an ATM then if somebody uses it (perhaps without checking it first???) you can steal a portion of their money??? maybe a hacking minigame to go with it????

There has to be some way to mitigate your loss, or to get revenge on the person that put the skimmer on............. but how...

-1 i rather fight the cops even tho they are 20 and im alone by robbing the bank, than try to rob some innocent people who only want to earn money. (Another suggestion that make civ get poor).

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2022, 08:49:32 am »
I'm not for this idea at all, sorry.
View trailers here.