Poll

Do you feel there is a good balance between Cops and Robbers?

Cops are too powerful
Criminals are too powerful
There is a good balance

Author Topic: Cops vs Robbers - balanced?  (Read 10855 times)

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
Cops vs Robbers - balanced?
« on: April 29, 2022, 05:17:47 pm »
Many of the responses to the 2022 player survey mention the balance between cops and robbers. Some say cops are too powerful and some say the opposite.

As always, I want to get feedback from you guys. I have posted a poll above, please cast your vote.

Please drop any suggestions you have regarding this in a reply below.
View trailers here.

Offline Steev

• Respect: +13/-32
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [K]Steev
  • Crew: K
Re: Cops vs Robbers - balanced?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2022, 05:47:07 pm »
the word "powerful" isn't enough for cops dude, cops have tazers, criminals don't have tazers, cops have helmet protection, criminals don't have helmet protection, cops have a rustler, criminals don't have a rustler and etc.. cops are just waaaaay too op man and you're still making them more powerful for some reason, i believe many people left the server itself because how ruined the balance between cops and criminals are, like imagine if you have only 2 STARS and then get tanked by 20 tryhard cops, how is that fair? besides cops always have all the advantages while criminals don't have that much advantages

Offline howl

• Original Gangster
  • Respect: +110/-183
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2022, 06:10:12 pm »
like imagine if you have only 2 STARS and then get tanked by 20 tryhard cops, how is that fair? besides cops always have all the advantages while criminals don't have that much advantages

at this point i would try to buff the range damage for m4/ak47, so that it would balance a little bit better, essentially for solo players

take an example of this

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2022, 07:49:03 pm »
at this point i would try to buff the range damage for m4/ak47, so that it would balance a little bit better, essentially for solo players

take an example of this

You want to buff the M4?! You literally melted those moving targets in 3 seconds...
View trailers here.

Offline howl

• Original Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2022, 08:38:13 pm »
You want to buff the M4?! You literally melted those moving targets in 3 seconds...

then tell me your alternative way of dealing with a cop tank of 4-man SWAT ambushing you with their drivebys, there's just no other way except if you go full tryhard and find an actual weakened spot of theirs, unless if you're originally smart

Offline Karbz

• Respect: +131/-38
  • Former Operations Manager
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Karbz
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2022, 09:10:08 am »
@Mike

I'd like to point out a few things wrong with the current balance, and cops having too much of an advantage over criminals. 

Pro's of being a cop:

• You don't lose weapons/ammo when you die
  • You get access to a tazer
  • Head protection if you use the swat skin
  • You are given armour at your spawn point (checkpoint)
  • Level 10 cops (basically everyone) have access to the rustler and sea-sparrow

Con's of being a cop

• If you attack a sultan full of criminals, each criminal will kill you so it results in you dying 4 times
  • Medical fees are insanely high - so you can lose up to $40,000
  • Sea-Sparrow and the rustler aren't exactly close to the spawn point (besides SF)
  • Dwayne Island spawn point (it's dumb, do something with it
  • Constantly being cop hunted by try-hard criminals

Con's of being a criminal

• You need to find either an armour pick up or ammunation to get armour
  • You lose 95% of your weapons when you are arrested (so that $100k you spent on weapons down the drain)
  • No access to wicked air vehicles that have the firing rate of a minigun
  • Insanely high medical fee's ($10,000 per death if you have enough)

Pro's of being a criminal

• You can kill a cop just for basically looking at you/driving past you
  • You have a chance if they're noob cops and they don't have the upper hand (not in a rustler/sea-sparrow) and without any head protection.
  • Free armour if you find an armour pick up

« Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 09:19:32 am by Karbz »

Offline Lordnov

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +7/-25
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: babayaga
  • Crew: 1337/K
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2022, 10:14:49 am »
@Mike

I'd like to point out a few things wrong with the current balance, and cops having too much of an advantage over criminals. 

Pro's of being a cop:

Con's of being a cop

• If you attack a sultan full of criminals, each criminal will kill you so it results in you dying 4 times
  • Sea-Sparrow and the rustler aren't exactly close to the spawn point (besides SF)

• You lose 95% of your weapons when you are arrested (so that $100k you spent on weapons down the drain)

Pro's of being a criminal

• You have a chance if they're noob cops and they don't have the upper hand (not in a rustler/sea-sparrow) and without any head protection.

nice one

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2022, 01:08:43 pm »
then tell me your alternative way of dealing with a cop tank of 4-man SWAT ambushing you with their drivebys, there's just no other way except if you go full tryhard and find an actual weakened spot of theirs, unless if you're originally smart
Well of course 1 criminal vs 4 cops is going to be unfair. What am I supposed to do, prevent cops riding together...?

Cops and criminals are exactly balanced in this sense. There's nothing I can do to prevent 1 criminal vs 4 cops as much as I can prevent 4 criminals vs 1 cop...
View trailers here.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2022, 01:18:59 pm »
@Karbz

*deep breath*

Pro's of being a cop:

- I will post a poll regarding cops losing weapons on death.
- Well yes, how else are cops supposed to capture people without a way to pacify them?
- It just removes the 1.25x headshot multiplier, but everyone's making out like it gives players 500 extra hp??
- Well yes, the police department isn't going to send out cops without protection are they? It's part of cops' standard issue equipment.
- Yes, the seasparrow and rustler are used for taking down MW criminals only, if they are fleeing in vehicles.

Con's of being a cop

- If you're talking about the revenge role, the problem is things get very complicated very quickly for staff to deal with and for people to understand the rules. How can someone know if their friend already got the revenge? Is everyone supposed to announce to everyone they've come into contact with when they got revenge?? More discussion and community feedback/polls are needed.
- Medical fees are capped at $10k so I don't know where you pulled that number from...
- You complain about armour - part of the standard equipment police forces use - being next to the spawn, but complain about a multi-million dollar military-grade armed aircraft being too far away???
- Spawning at Angel Pine is more inconvinient than Dwayne Island. Boats spawn there, it takes 30 seconds to get back to land...
- Well yes, this is kind of the point of the server, criminals go after cops and cops go after criminals. Am I missing something here??

- Or a supply drop which takes 30 seconds. Not sure what the 'con' here is.. yes, armour is not at your doorstep, why is this a con? Armour is not part of criminals' base equipment
- You can reclaim your weapons. People shouldn't have too much ammo on them - they know the risks.
- Vehicles with guns will be abused, as their damage vs vehicles cannot be detected or prevented. Imagine an innocent civ flying around in a Rustler blowing up cops' cars and they don't even get a wanted level, you want me to allow that??
- It's capped at $10,000 and only players with millions and millions of dollars will pay that much. It's a drop in the ocean for them.

- No you can't. You can only attack/kill a cop if they are coming after you. If they drive past you and ignore you and you attack them, that's a rule broken. But most of the time when a cop is gaining on a criminal it's because they are going after them, not because they're simply driving past..
- Yes, winning laregely depends on skill.. What's the breaking news here?
- Ok?

I feel like a lot of these things people laregely misunderstand. On the other hand, I guarantee if I changed all these things, in a week's time everyone would be complaining about the opposite. It is impossible to please everyone as much as I try.
View trailers here.

Offline legend

• legend himself
  • Original Gangster
  • Respect: +145/-185
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: saz.1337
  • Discord name: MLGERROR#8473
  • Crew: 1337WESTMOB
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2022, 01:52:12 pm »
Cop advantages:

- Low radar visibility (if personal car or unmarked police car)
- Free weapons on spawn (Depending a skin you choose)
- Free cars on spawn and can call free job cars (with vehicle armour already equipped which reduces headshot damage in car)
- Broken S.W.A.T skin with already insane headshot damage reduction (If in a armored car, its just unplayable)
- Cops can go suicide only losing $500 per death.(med fees now?)
- Cops don't lose weapons on death. (Criminals lose approx $50,000 per death if arrested with weapons, very balanced)
- Cops earn the most money of all activities in the server, if played right.
- Cops have arsenal that civils don't (Seasparrow,Rustler and a goddman tazer that stuns suspect for 5 seconds)

Cops disadvantages:

- Follow more strict rules.

Theres many more things that have not been brought up here, but seriously nerf cops to ground and balance the damn gameplay.

If you are a solo player, good luck going against 2 or more cops with swat skins, because most likely you are going to die. No matter how good you are their fast skin and headshot protection will carry their asses.

using weapons against cops inside armored car, feels like shooting with paintball (deagle is weaker than m4 btw) (for me it seems deagle damage is randomized sometimes, shooting person from 1m does 1-5 damage, same issue goes to sniper)

especially bike, unreal how broken that is
« Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 01:54:31 pm by saz »

Offline Ahsoka_Tano

• Respect: +17/-24
  • A wolf in disguise
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [TFLW]Alice
  • Discord name: WOLF#1193
  • Crew: Task Force Lone Wolf
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2022, 02:00:37 pm »
Pretty balanced to mé.
Everything i also wanted to know was answered.

People expect to have a fair fight Against numerous police officers, but when there are numerous criminals Against a police officer, then that is completely fine.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 02:23:05 pm by Ahsoka_Tano »
Nobody can escape their sins, everyone gets punished whether it takes a day or an eternity.
You can change who you are, but you cannot run from yourself.

Offline howl

• Original Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2022, 04:08:00 pm »
bro understand 1 thing
u die as a criminial, u lost 30k worth of guns so imagine playing for like 2 hours while always dying to 2-3 cops teaming together
on the other hand cops that die while being outnumbered wouldnt give 2 fucks cause he aint losing anything except his armor
so pls tell me how is this balanced to u and to everyone that thinks cops arent op

at this point, this whole issue would be resolved if economy would be optimized a little bit more, nobody likes to end up broke, nor it's anything good for a role-playing as a "homeless" person, majority of the other servers always have kingpins rolling around, so, the main priority for playing this game is to have fun, nobody likes to grind that much...

people who ended up with 100k or lesser than that barely even join the server while it has even 3-4 cops on, they wanna grind the bank robberies in peace, and without crew dominance or anything of a sort that bothers them from doing it, but it's still hard, so they just don't play, because they're broke to afford a "fun".

Offline RedX

• cringe
  • Respect: +42/-91
  • gg ez noob
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: RedX
  • Discord name: RedX#0809
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2022, 03:42:27 pm »
The only major issue on the server is its economy right now. As already said above, criminals lose more items, weapons, and money on dying than cops do and at the end cops are earning more than criminals which I think is against the very logic of a CnR server. Cops are supposed to have more facilities/advantages than criminals because they are being funded by the state itself but criminals should be making more money because they don't have a defined salary and they basically rob people.

The cop payouts right now seem pretty balanced since it neither makes them broke nor too rich, but the criminal earnings should also increase to help them compete against cops.

Offline AvenTadoR

• Best Moderator Award 2022
  • Respect: +10/-73
  • Mr. Lambo
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: AvenTadoR
  • Discord name: czytofreddyfazbear
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2022, 07:26:17 am »
using weapons against cops inside armored car, feels like shooting with paintball (deagle is weaker than m4 btw) (for me it seems deagle damage is randomized sometimes, shooting person from 1m does 1-5 damage, same issue goes to sniper)

especially bike, unreal how broken that is

Offline JerrYx

• Respect: +14/-47
  • God
    • View Profile
  • Discord name: Equalizer#0090
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2022, 12:38:56 am »
Its not all about just 'power', when cops die they are treated by the state no cost, when criminals die 5k+4k bail, +3 min jailtime+10k for weapon retrieval+10k for ammo, not to mention car armours(which arent a necessity sort of..) its just way unbalanceed, andd taze kills..one taze hit = kill xd, rustlers, seasparrows, swat water tanks...

Offline Gamers1412

• Banned
  • Respect: +7/-16
  • Nothing you want to know about me......
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Gamers.
  • Discord name: Gamers.#1936
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2022, 01:02:30 pm »
Its not all about just 'power', when cops die they are treated by the state no cost, when criminals die 5k+4k bail, +3 min jailtime+10k for weapon retrieval+10k for ammo, not to mention car armours(which arent a necessity sort of..) its just way unbalanceed, andd taze kills..one taze hit = kill xd, rustlers, seasparrows, swat water tanks...

na man its like fucking 30k for ammo i wasted like fucking 5-6 million like this

Offline JerrYx

• Respect: +14/-47
  • God
    • View Profile
  • Discord name: Equalizer#0090
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2022, 02:34:16 pm »
na man its like fucking 30k for ammo i wasted like fucking 5-6 million like this
Me2

Offline Thegoodfather

• Banned
  • Respect: +32/-15
  • FAV PLAYER ~ [oG]Vippy
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Thegoodfather
  • Discord name: Thegoodfather#4057
  • Crew: Old Gangstas
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2022, 04:05:48 pm »
I personally agree with the imbalance with the cops however buffing/nerfing guns wont help a lot in that since the cops are probably going to use the same weapons as criminals.
What I think can help is, buffing the payouts for different jobs such as medics, firefighters, prostitutes and mechanics might help and since they all have the service offering thing in common maybe adding a multiplier for the service offering streak will be nice.
For the civilians missions, some of the missions might need a bit of a work for eg, the trucking mission should be longer and from one city to another with a better payout consuming atleast of 5-7 minutes of a player's time rewarding around 6 to 7k maybe.
And lastly for the criminals, currently the bank is the only source of making decent money in the server and with the 70 players online it's nearly impossible to get a bag out of the bank, so to fix it buffing the house robberies could help like it used to be back in the day if safes had 500k in it, it used to reward like 50k at the time. Also delivering the securicar after stealing it pays out very less and you usually have to deliver it to another city so it's literally a waste. Buffing it to atleast 10-15k might help. And one last thing is allowing robbers to rob stores outside the active city might help.
How this all gonna help is simple since the 70 players we have online will be distributed in to different jobs and doing missions around the san andreas map.

Offline Mikazuki

• Respect: +16/-26
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mikazuki
  • Discord name: mikazuki77
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2022, 05:37:04 pm »
I personally agree with the imbalance with the cops however buffing/nerfing guns wont help a lot in that since the cops are probably going to use the same weapons as criminals.
What I think can help is, buffing the payouts for different jobs such as medics, firefighters, prostitutes and mechanics might help and since they all have the service offering thing in common maybe adding a multiplier for the service offering streak will be nice.
For the civilians missions, some of the missions might need a bit of a work for eg, the trucking mission should be longer and from one city to another with a better payout consuming atleast of 5-7 minutes of a player's time rewarding around 6 to 7k maybe.
And lastly for the criminals, currently the bank is the only source of making decent money in the server and with the 70 players online it's nearly impossible to get a bag out of the bank, so to fix it buffing the house robberies could help like it used to be back in the day if safes had 500k in it, it used to reward like 50k at the time. Also delivering the securicar after stealing it pays out very less and you usually have to deliver it to another city so it's literally a waste. Buffing it to atleast 10-15k might help. And one last thing is allowing robbers to rob stores outside the active city might help.
How this all gonna help is simple since the 70 players we have online will be distributed in to different jobs and doing missions around the san andreas map.

I agree but robbing stores  outside active city is something dumb because we wont see anyone around , i mean 50players 3cities would be a mess. If u are a cop u are not gonna drive 6km to arrest someone.

Offline Thegoodfather

• Banned
  • Respect: +32/-15
  • FAV PLAYER ~ [oG]Vippy
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Thegoodfather
  • Discord name: Thegoodfather#4057
  • Crew: Old Gangstas
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2022, 06:40:44 pm »
I agree but robbing stores  outside active city is something dumb because we wont see anyone around , i mean 50players 3cities would be a mess. If u are a cop u are not gonna drive 6km to arrest someone.

Ikr but it will actually be for new players so they can go around the map explore and make some start up cash for themselves, bc currently they either get robbed by the old players or get shot by some cops for showing a little bit of a threat with their 9mm lol, also this could be encouraging the use of aimbot among new players since they cant fight off the skilled ones so that's the only option they're left with. Not saying that each store rob should give a lot of money but a little so it just stays a thing for the new players to do and level up.