Author Topic: Aiming at NPCs  (Read 1279 times)

silentmoe

Aiming at NPCs
« on: January 29, 2022, 12:36:21 pm »
When you aim your weapon at the cashier sometimes the rob fails and says you looked away from them when you haven't. It would be really good if you could increase the range or change it so if you stop aiming the robbery fails or if you turn further away than normal. It might even be good if there's a prompt telling you to keep aiming at the cashier or they'll sound the alarm. I believe there was a code for this in the original San Andreas which show the NPCs slowly lowering their hands?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 10:19:34 am by silentmoe »

Offline Hobgoblin

• Respect: +2/-20
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Hobgoblin
Re: Aiming at NPCs
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2022, 06:30:45 pm »
Make this post in bugs.

Offline M3E6

• Respect: +52/-78
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: M3E6
  • Discord name: M3E6#5742
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2022, 04:36:39 am »
The system we use to detect the camera target isn't that great, but there's not much we can do to improve it. You just gotta find the sweet spot to aim at certain actors like the ones behind the glass at betting shops. It already doesn't fail instantly, it takes 2 or 3 seconds before it fails (and the text along the bottom of your screen will turn red to indicate you aren't 'aiming' at the cashier anymore.) The slowly putting hands down would be a nice touch I guess, if a bit of work to implement.

silentmoe

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2022, 11:40:55 am »
Make this post in bugs.

Hey friend, I was going to but I had some suggestions too.
The system we use to detect the camera target isn't that great, but there's not much we can do to improve it. You just gotta find the sweet spot to aim at certain actors like the ones behind the glass at betting shops. It already doesn't fail instantly, it takes 2 or 3 seconds before it fails (and the text along the bottom of your screen will turn red to indicate you aren't 'aiming' at the cashier anymore.) The slowly putting hands down would be a nice touch I guess, if a bit of work to implement.

Thank you for explaining. I don't think I've seen the text before, what's happened to me is that I've been aiming at them and while I still aim it just says ROBBERY FAILED

Maybe if the robbery fails the alarm gets set and you can shoot the cashier then steal from the cash register?

Offline Dudesdog

• Smoke Weed Everyday
  • Respect: +129/-12
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Dudesdog
  • Discord name: Dudesdog#6216
  • Crew: 77 - Continental Crew
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2022, 01:24:44 am »

Well put.. honestly once you do it a few times you know where to aim / not to move your cursor to.. I think this is fine how it is.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2022, 07:54:31 am »
I could certainly improve the detection simply by checking if the player's angle is facing in the general direction of the actor and they aren't aiming too high/low. I'll move this to bug reports.
View trailers here.