Author Topic: Disable vehicles friendly fire  (Read 1397 times)

Rated 2 times

Offline _.please_delete

• ℙ𝕣𝕖𝕕𝕤𝕖𝕕𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕝' ℝ𝕖𝕕 𝔸𝕣𝕞𝕪
  • Original Gangster
  • Respect: +108/-73
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [RA]Alex184
  • Discord name: J.Alex#5103
  • Crew: Founder of Ex [RA] Red Army Crew
Disable vehicles friendly fire
« on: December 14, 2020, 07:50:42 pm »
« Last Rated on: December 14, 2020, 08:55:47 pm »
 Basically disable the ability of cops being able to deal damage on other cops vehicles with drive-by or seasparrow/rustlers, and as far as I know this script is possible since I seen alot of servers doing this, only disabling explosive friendly fire is impossible.
 “We must not allow other people’s limited perceptions to define us.”

Offline Ahsoka_Tano

• Respect: +17/-24
  • A wolf in disguise
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [TFLW]Alice
  • Discord name: WOLF#1193
  • Crew: Task Force Lone Wolf
Re: Disable vehicles friendly fire
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2020, 08:25:29 pm »
Yes please.
I was flying around with Flower_ and i was taking damage from his rustler shooting at me.

Nobody can escape their sins, everyone gets punished whether it takes a day or an eternity.
You can change who you are, but you cannot run from yourself.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +414/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 11:31:40 pm »
Not possible unfortunately. You cannot detect drive-by shooting. That damage is handled by SAMP/GTA and the script is oblivious.

Cannot use SAMP’s friendly fire system as that would mean each job has to be on a ‘team’ but everyone is on the same team in MCNR so that it disables SA-MP/GTA damage and damage can be controlled by the script.

It’s very unfortunate that SAMP is missing really basic functionality like this. All you can do is to report the player. This is why we have rules in place.
View trailers here.

Offline _.please_delete

• ℙ𝕣𝕖𝕕𝕤𝕖𝕕𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕝' ℝ𝕖𝕕 𝔸𝕣𝕞𝕪
  • Original Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2020, 10:10:46 pm »
Not possible unfortunately. You cannot detect drive-by shooting. That damage is handled by SAMP/GTA and the script is oblivious.

Cannot use SAMP’s friendly fire system as that would mean each job has to be on a ‘team’ but everyone is on the same team in MCNR so that it disables SA-MP/GTA damage and damage can be controlled by the script.

It’s very unfortunate that SAMP is missing really basic functionality like this. All you can do is to report the player. This is why we have rules in place.
I am suggesting this because my self sometimes gets messy aim with the seasparrow and while pursuing I can hurt some ground units, the other reasons is some ppl who drive-by each other indeed.

Maybe apply the teams system on jobs if there is a way it wont cause damage problems as u mentioned? (Cops, medic and firefighters shall be a team and therefore friendly fire is disabled), but for the cops drive-bying civilians I fear there is no choice as we can't make them 1 team or all civilians won't be able to damage the cops indeed.

Maybe some tries to the team system in the test server? (Of course if you would take some of ur time and try this script) but if it works, it's gonna be a win for the players and staff.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +414/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2020, 08:30:53 am »
I am suggesting this because my self sometimes gets messy aim with the seasparrow and while pursuing I can hurt some ground units, the other reasons is some ppl who drive-by each other indeed.

Maybe apply the teams system on jobs if there is a way it wont cause damage problems as u mentioned? (Cops, medic and firefighters shall be a team and therefore friendly fire is disabled), but for the cops drive-bying civilians I fear there is no choice as we can't make them 1 team or all civilians won't be able to damage the cops indeed.

Maybe some tries to the team system in the test server? (Of course if you would take some of ur time and try this script) but if it works, it's gonna be a win for the players and staff.
I don’t think you understand my point. Everyone has to be on the same team otherwise I have absolutely no control over damage.
View trailers here.

Offline _.please_delete

• ℙ𝕣𝕖𝕕𝕤𝕖𝕕𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕝' ℝ𝕖𝕕 𝔸𝕣𝕞𝕪
  • Original Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2021, 09:12:15 am »
I don’t think you understand my point. Everyone has to be on the same team otherwise I have absolutely no control over damage.
I do understand you, so basically if you make cops a team by itself you will not be able to control the damage between them and the civilian team. 
Well if you think there is no other solution to the friendly fire thingy, you can move this to rejected suggestions. Also hey, I noticed something quite strange, so if I shot a fellow cop's car with seasparrow and exploded it, if he exit the vehicle before it explodes but still gets damage when it blows up,

I get a hit marker sound, and a warning to not attack team mates, which means the server knows that it's me who dealt this damage some how, but still of he dies it doesn't appear in the kill list that it's me who killed him.. I am still looking into this thing and if I somehow found a solution, doesn't this solve the army problem since we can not detect who is the one who killed the victim with hydras and hunters?

I shall make a topic about this alone and providing the latest info I reached regularly.