Author Topic: Ability to modify your preferred supply drops  (Read 656 times)

Rated 8 times

Offline howl

• Original Gangster
  • Respect: +110/-183
    • View Profile
Ability to modify your preferred supply drops
« on: December 31, 2022, 11:32:12 am »
« Last Rated on: January 02, 2023, 06:29:11 pm »
Hello

I was recently thinking to suggest something of being able to replace your weapons with anything else, and let's imagine a situation from when you're fighting a horde of cops camping one spot, you have no chance of driving all the way to the ammu-nation just to replace that one gun you don't like, so why not just call a supply drop with preferred weapons?

That includes

Pistols
Sub-machine guns
Shotguns
Rifles
Assault Rifles
and Throwable weapons.

Offline Mikazuki

• Respect: +16/-27
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mikazuki
  • Discord name: mikazuki77
Re: Ability to modify your preferred supply drops
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2022, 04:07:14 pm »
+1 good idea

Offline Roro

• Banned
  • Respect: +7/-10
  • Realest mf breathin.
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Roro
  • Discord name: rorov2
  • Crew: Spetsnaz
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2022, 04:07:39 pm »
Could cause conflict for players who aren't max level (100) and haven't unlocked all the weapons

also if you still have even 1 ammo for your preferred weapon and you call a supply drop, you will get ammo for the weapon you had, and it won't be replaced. However if we were to allow players to choose a preset of weapons, some players may not know how to change the weapon preset leading to them replacing their preferred weapon with something inferior (sawnoff to a normal shotgun for example)

The only situation this suggestion is useful in is if you have completely depleted your current ammo (jailed too many times, confiscated weapons gone, or you used all your ammo up) in which I agree, it could save us time, still I see alot of gaps and holes that this implementation would bring, -1

Offline Ralsei

• Weirdest Femboy 2022
  • Respect: +32/-167
  • It's lonely on the top, all of my enemies are gone
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Ralsei
  • Discord name: ralsiel
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2022, 04:11:18 pm »
+1

Offline Anomali

• Respect: +54/-11
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Anomali
  • Discord name: Anomali#1316
  • Crew: not interested
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2022, 06:31:59 pm »
Allowing players to call in a supply drop with preferred is likely to be a helpful feature. It can provide players with more flexibility and time. In certain situations, it includes several different situations, including the first feature allows the player to adapt to changing cases where the player is in a difficult situation and needs to change his weapons, he can request a supply drop to get the weapons he likes at that moment... The second point is to reduce the need for players to visit a long distance to the ammunition. +1

Also, I got an idea about increasing the speed of the spawn rate of health and armor in the ammo drop. This would allow players to more easily recover from fights and stay in survival longer, leading to a more enjoyable experience. Additionally, spawning this item "armor & health" should be faster than other items on the drop list.

Offline howl

• Original Gangster
  • Respect: +110/-183
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2023, 02:18:31 pm »
Could cause conflict for players who aren't max level (100) and haven't unlocked all the weapons

also if you still have even 1 ammo for your preferred weapon and you call a supply drop, you will get ammo for the weapon you had, and it won't be replaced. However if we were to allow players to choose a preset of weapons, some players may not know how to change the weapon preset leading to them replacing their preferred weapon with something inferior (sawnoff to a normal shotgun for example)

The only situation this suggestion is useful in is if you have completely depleted your current ammo (jailed too many times, confiscated weapons gone, or you used all your ammo up) in which I agree, it could save us time, still I see alot of gaps and holes that this implementation would bring, -1

Sounds like a skill issue to me, lower leveled type of players are either lacking hints/tutorials on speedrunning their way up to 100, or just lacking their ways to level up to 100 by taking it so long.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +414/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2023, 11:56:26 pm »
Supply drops are too heavily relied on.

There's a reason they have shitty weapons. They're supposed to be used as a last resort to get you out of a sticky situation. They aren't there to be used as Amazon Prime...
View trailers here.