Author Topic: Jail on city change  (Read 1321 times)

Offline JerrYx

• Respect: +14/-47
  • God
    • View Profile
  • Discord name: Equalizer#0090
Jail on city change
« on: June 09, 2021, 06:58:12 pm »
I am MW and the city changed, the update kicked in and the srv is restarted, and i end up in jail? That needs a fix 😁

Offline sousage

• Blatant Aimbot
  • Respect: +197/-34
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: sousage
  • Discord name: gr8🔫#1278
  • Crew: 77
Re: Jail on city change
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 08:45:12 pm »
reporting a bug?
fell from heaven to establish his own kingdom.
[GUIDE] Installing Mod with Modloader| [SHR] sampgui n mouse pointer
6.1760°S 106.8228°E

GitHub pls

Offline JerrYx

• Respect: +14/-47
  • God
    • View Profile
  • Discord name: Equalizer#0090
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 08:53:12 pm »
Well actually i thought this came naturally because of the server restart.. Is it possible to do smth about that q arrest? Make its range smaller or smth?

Offline DabbingPitbull

• 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬, 𝐁𝐞 𝐄𝐱𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞
  • Respect: +108/-70
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: DabbingPitbull
  • Discord name: Dabbing Pitbull#9091
  • Crew: ok
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 01:05:56 pm »
Moved to the correct section.

Offline _.please_delete

• ℙ𝕣𝕖𝕕𝕤𝕖𝕕𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕝' ℝ𝕖𝕕 𝔸𝕣𝕞𝕪
  • Original Gangster
  • Respect: +108/-73
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [RA]Alex184
  • Discord name: J.Alex#5103
  • Crew: Founder of Ex [RA] Red Army Crew
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2021, 01:21:22 pm »
I think a fix for this (if not the only possible fix) is to make a suspect never get arrested after getting kicked near a cop, and they should only get jailed if they crash/timeout or quit, since they can force crash or /q to avoid, but they can't really kick themselves.
 “We must not allow other people’s limited perceptions to define us.”

Offline Bahzi

• Respect: +10/-1
  • Buster
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [B]ahzi
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2021, 04:17:01 am »
I think a fix for this (if not the only possible fix) is to make a suspect never get arrested after getting kicked near a cop, and they should only get jailed if they crash/timeout or quit, since they can force crash or /q to avoid, but they can't really kick themselves.
Players often do get kicked with a reason, which actually justifies jailing after reconnect, the same as after a crash/timeout. A lot of these reasons actually also can get triggered by users themselves, like (for example) high ping and packet loss. Besides that I think the majority of crash/timeouts are out of the control of the user, while a lot of players get kicked for reasons they may have been aware of already.

I think the best solution is players using /helpme after they get jailed after a server restart. I think most of the time there will be admins and moderators online and it's right on top in these users their actions logs. If not, consider it bad luck. It's only a few minutes after all. Another solution may be making notion of this behaviour of the server, when giving a notification of a server restart.

Offline _.please_delete

• ℙ𝕣𝕖𝕕𝕤𝕖𝕕𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕝' ℝ𝕖𝕕 𝔸𝕣𝕞𝕪
  • Original Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2021, 12:32:16 pm »
Players often do get kicked with a reason, which actually justifies jailing after reconnect, the same as after a crash/timeout. A lot of these reasons actually also can get triggered by users themselves, like (for example) high ping and packet loss. Besides that I think the majority of crash/timeouts are out of the control of the user, while a lot of players get kicked for reasons they may have been aware of already.

I think the best solution is players using /helpme after they get jailed after a server restart. I think most of the time there will be admins and moderators online and it's right on top in these users their actions logs. If not, consider it bad luck. It's only a few minutes after all. Another solution may be making notion of this behaviour of the server, when giving a notification of a server restart.
IMO that's a good thing to not let players get jailed after getting kicked for lagging, the reason Mike refused to let people crashing not get jailed is that people can force themselves to crash instead.

But I doubt there is some way to force yourself to get kicked instantly, like forcing yourself to lag to avoid being arrested, this technically can not happen since by the time the player tries to make himself lag and cause the anti cheat to kick him, he would already be arrested/killed.

Offline _.please_delete

• ℙ𝕣𝕖𝕕𝕤𝕖𝕕𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕝' ℝ𝕖𝕕 𝔸𝕣𝕞𝕪
  • Original Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2021, 01:30:48 am »
There is no bug here, it's simply the fact you got kicked near a cop,

Moving to invalid issues.